X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Dark Side

Been doing something for the past three weeks that I have not done in almost 10 years. Grabbed the tool bag a van and an apprentice and went back to work. Work is a whole lot different when you know that you don't have to do it to make a living My brother has run the company for close to 6 years now to allow me to teach and do other things plumbing related but he hired a new kid that shows real promise and wanted to know if I would spend a month with him and break him in right Sometimes I think my brother ain't too bright. Anyway, its been fun, real fun. In the past three weeks we have installed a geo-thermal heat pump. Run some radiant tubing. Roughed a ranch slab, installed a rinnai and done a bunch of service calls. I have a feeling that by the end of the month my perspective will change once again but in the meantime, its good to get out and see all those goobers and morons that I was glad to be rid of when I retired.

Oh yea, my payment for the whole ordeal is an all expense trip to Disney courtesy of my little Bro.
    sigpic

Re: The Dark Side

NHM, your ability in the field disproves the old saying, "Those who can't do, teach!". That old saying is very unfair and far from true with the rest of it being, "Those who can't teach, teach gym!". I know a couple gym teachers, and they are very smart and very dedicated. I don't envy them having to motivate a generation of laptop, ipod, cellphone brats and their parents.

Comment

Working...
    X