X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• California Wild Fires

There are three new wild fires in Southern California. It is believed the fires are all arson. So far at least 2-homes and 5-out buildings have been lost. My son Jon lives on the edge of the mandatory evacuation area. Elna and the kids loaded the car ready to leave but ended up staying and then this morning the evacuation was cancelled.

Now there are wind gusts up to 50mph and homes are again in danger. These people who start these fires should be locked up for life.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Re: California Wild Fires

Hope all remain safe. I agree with prosecuting those responsible, in addition every effort should be made to clear dead brush and build in fire breaks. Realistically, even with preventive measures, the dry conditions and 50mph winds spell disaster if a fire strikes.

Comment

Sadly it seems like these wild fires are getting more common every year. I know what it feels like. In 2003 about 300 homes burnt (about 50% of the homes burnt in SD during that fire season) about 2 miles from where I live. Again in 2007 there was heavy home losses quite close to where I live (I think it was the Witch Creek Fire) and I had to leave my home for 2 days. I was staying with a friend (who also had to briefly evacuate). I tried to return home the first night (around midnight) but was not let into the area. I was driving on the freeway and it was eerie sight as I was the only car on the freeway and in some places with fires buring all around. I wish I had my camera but at the time I wa not really thinking of photos.

Comment

God Bless all that are in Harms way .
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

We went through it in 2009 which was unimaginable as we go through it every year in different parts of our state and know what you are going through and wish you the best and if nature started it you must live with it but if it is an arsonist then that is another matter.

Tony

Comment

Working...
          X