X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northern Lights

Anyone living in Northern states especially from Maine to Michigan should keep an extra eye on the sky late tonight/early morning.

Scientist are expecting an unusually strong display of Northern Lights.

The first time (and best display) I saw them I was about 14ys. We where living in a pop up camper out in the woods. I stepped out of the camper to go to my room (tent) and the sky was on fire with red lights dancing and zipping past "um...ma, get out here.What the he11 is going on?"
    Once she told me it was just Northern lights I was able to enjoy, for one hour, the most beautiful sight I have ever seen.

I'm glad she was there other wise I would have freaked out like the old hippie I spoke with the next day.
    He said the first time he saw them back in the 60's he was messing around with a girl way out in the woods and he flipped out thinking they dropped a nuke.
    INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
    Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Re: Northern Lights

Out local newspaper mentioned the lights as well, and I was planning on driving up to a spot along the highway to see them. Unfortunately, the sky is clouded with a thick overcast recently. It's too bad too, the sky's been clear all day.

Comment

Yep... been dry as a bone here for I don't know how long, and when does it decide to get cloudy and rain
      INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
      Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Possibility that they will show tonight (WED) too.

Comment

The enhanced Northern Lights display is due to some higher than normal solar activity I heard.
          ---------------
          Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
          ---------------
          “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
          ---------
          "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
          ---------
          sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Gene did you see them
            a friend in Bridgton ME did not see any
            Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
            http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
            http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Saw nothing our way, but it was semi-cloudy and hazy those nights.

Comment

Nope, I didn't even see a hint of them.

Tue too cloudy, went out a few times wed night. Last time I checked was around 1am.

I wish a system was set up, a sort of northern lights alert system where you get a text if someone has spotted them in your area. They are pretty unpredictable, they might last 5min or 5hrs.

Comment

Working...
                X