X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fleas

whats the best way to kill the little bastards? We just got Frontline from the vet, and we can bomb the house again, but with the French Bulldog we adopted this past spring coming in and out all the time, he just brings new ones in. I've been spraying my yard with spectracide every two weeks for 3 months now, and all I can see i'm doing is polluting the water and flushing my money.

Any suggestions?
    No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Re: Fleas

Man, you've done everything a person can do!

Frontline.
    Bombed the house.
    Sprayed the yard.

What else is there?

Vets do have the "death pill". My dog had them bad once, you give them the pill and can literally watch the fleas fall off dead. Pretty cool. Hope it's alright for the dog though.

I don't know what to tell you to try next. I did everything you did along with baths using Flea Killing soap. Smells just like the "dip" in my opinion. I don't know what did it, but they eventually ran their course and didn't see anymore.

Even stopped the Frontline.

J.C.

Comment

yeah, I give him flea baths twice a week. I hate fleas.
      No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Originally posted by MoJourneyman View Post
        yeah, I give him flea baths twice a week. I hate fleas.
        Me too. I was racking my brain also. I was having to wash the dog daily. Bunches of them all around that tail.

Pissed me off.

J.C.

Comment

I doubt the dog's bringing them in from the yard if you've been spraying the yard as well. Unless you have dead birds loaded with fleas dropping from the sky, the dogs picking up the fleas from somewhere else. You got two choices, follow the dog and find the area of infestation, or, restrict his movement to your property.

Comment

i believe Diatomaceous earth will not harm anything but the fleas. check with an exterminator but it should be safe for the yard, house and dog.

http://www.earthworkshealth.com/pets-animals.php

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

I should have clarified, my yard has a privacy fence around it, and the dog stays in the house/yard. I guess the next step is an exterminator.

Comment

I suspect they are coming from within the house as a result of following the directions on the bombs.

I always move everything they may be hiding under IE: flip over couch, hang throw rugs on chair etc..
                Turn of power at the main, turn off gas and at the very least double the amount of bombs the directions state.

I also post a sign at the door: POISON. DO NOT ENTER. flea bomb in progress(cell #???). and leave the empty box at the door in case anything does happen emergency personal will know what they are dealing with.

Then I leave for the day.

A good test to determine if fleas are outside/inside: Fill a white container (a bucket cut down to 2" works good) 1" deep with soap and water. At night/dark, place in an area you suspect fleas and put a light just over the top of it.
                If fleas are in that area you will find a bunch floating in your flea hot tub.

I once lived in a home with 13 cats and 3 dogs. When we got fleas we got them BAD. GF was in the business so we got our supplies for next to nothing. As soon as we'd spot even one flea we went into lock down
                INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Comment

There is a product called cyonara 9.7 that is supposed to help get rid of fleas. I used it for mosquito's as well.

Comment

Working...
                    X