California Wireless

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• California Wireless

Alrighty, seems like I remember California being the first, or one of the first states to institute hands-free device mobile phone laws.

So I azz-u-me people there would be the heaviest users and know what works & what doesn't.

Any recommendations for speakerphones? (Other states can play too. )

Thanks.

J.C.

Re: California Wireless

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
    Alrighty, seems like I remember California being the first, or one of the first states to institute hands-free device mobile phone laws.

So I azz-u-me people there would be the heaviest users and know what works & what doesn't.

Any recommendations for speakerphones? (Other states can play too. )

Thanks.

J.C.
    I talk to Rick, Joey and a friend Jim several times a day on their bluetooths. Rick's is horrible 50% of the time. Joey's works pretty good but she drops it a lot. Jim's works really good and has all the bells and whistles.
    He has a Plantonic 925 which I have as well. However, my favorite bluetooths are the ones built into my truck radios.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I have the Motorola T-505 in my truck and it works well. Never had a complaint on audio quality. It can use its internal speaker or xmit to your car radio on a open spot on the FM band.

With one tap of a button I had full control of my Windows Smartphone, including voice controlled dialing, look up contacts, start any program on the phone, check battery level, time, location if using navigation features, etc.

That's the one thing I miss with the HTC EVO, no voice controlled dialing but I hear that will be in the next release of the Android OS which will be rolled out soon and I will be able to update my phone to it.

BTW, if anyone is looking for a HTC Touch Pro (Sprint version), let me know. I've got a load of accessories to go with it.

I have a couple of rugged NexTel phones if you're in the market for a work phone w/PTT.
      Last edited by Bob D.; 08-06-2010, 08:09 AM.
      "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
      John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Has anyone had any experience with the BlueAnt Speakerphone?

http://www.myblueant.com/products/sp...s/s4/index.php

Thanks.

J.C.

Comment

the one mark is referring to is the one that's on our garmins 1490 gps. and it does suck. they did a mandatory firmware upgrade that basically made the blue tooth worthless.

but the motorola t-505 i have in the other car is excellent. it's works through the radio or the built in speaker. good for about 15 hours.

never misses a name or command.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

If you are looking for one that is portable (ear) then the Plantronics Voyager Pro is the one to get. I wear this all day every day and you really forget that you have it on. I have had several BT devices from Motorola mostly and the Plantronics is by far the best. It is clear on both send and recieve, takes little time to charge (minutes) and lasts for days.
            I looks huge compaired to others but it is prefectly balanced and comfortable. This unit is also the loudest unit I have had, you can clearly hear people even in noisy backgrounds and the noise cancelling feature allows you to converse with callers without transmitting most of the background noise. At work I am either on the road or on a noisy print room warehouse floor.

Comment

I literally drop mine, the calls don't drop. Our friend has a blue ant for their 2 cars and swear by them!
              I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Originally posted by wbrooks View Post
                If you are looking for one that is portable (ear) then the Plantronics Voyager Pro is the one to get. I wear this all day every day and you really forget that you have it on. I have had several BT devices from Motorola mostly and the Plantronics is by far the best. It is clear on both send and recieve, takes little time to charge (minutes) and lasts for days.
                I looks huge compaired to others but it is prefectly balanced and comfortable. This unit is also the loudest unit I have had, you can clearly hear people even in noisy backgrounds and the noise cancelling feature allows you to converse with callers without transmitting most of the background noise. At work I am either on the road or on a noisy print room warehouse floor.

That's the one I have and it works good. If you are driving with the windows down it makes it tougher to hear though.
                www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

Working...
                X