X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letter To The Editor

I sent this letter into my local newspaper, I can't stand all the lame politicians!

" To The Editor,

I would like to think that after years of failed economic policies by both republican and democratic administrations there are some fresh new strategies being presented to the voting public, unfortunately that is not the case. Politicians seem at a loss for what the problems are and what needs to be done. I believe taxing businesses may deter local businesses from hiring and growing, but let's be honest about the many businesses and millions of jobs that have left the U.S.A.. While taxes may have played a part in their leaving, the absence of government agencies such as the E.P.A. and O.S.H.A., make other countries very attractive. Many of us know the quality of cheap goods coming from China, require us to buy the same item many times over, unlike the higher quality goods once "Made In The U.S.A.".
    We are being forced to become a disposable society, primarily because we cannot compete with cheap labor! The catch phrases of "Free Markets" and "Global Economy" are a death sentence to Americans as proven by our trade deficit and massive unemployment. I call upon our politicians to stop wasting our precious time arguing over taxes as a source of our stagnant and failed economy, and focus on bringing jobs back to the U.S.A.. I talk to a lot of folks who agree that we must produce most of what we consume in order to keep our wealth within our country. I would like to see our political leaders adopt some of the more successful traits of nations that are not failing, secured borders, tariffs and trade limits might be a good start. We can only change failed administrations and policies so long, we are running out of time."

Re: Letter To The Editor

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
    I sent this letter into my local newspaper, I can't stand all the lame politicians!

" To The Editor,

I would like to think that after years of failed economic policies by both republican and democratic administrations there are some fresh new strategies being presented to the voting public, unfortunately that is not the case. Politicians seem at a loss for what the problems are and what needs to be done. I believe taxing businesses may deter local businesses from hiring and growing, but let's be honest about the many businesses and millions of jobs that have left the U.S.A.. While taxes may have played a part in their leaving, the absence of government agencies such as the E.P.A. and O.S.H.A., make other countries very attractive. Many of us know the quality of cheap goods coming from China, require us to buy the same item many times over, unlike the higher quality goods once "Made In The U.S.A.".
    We are being forced to become a disposable society, primarily because we cannot compete with cheap labor! The catch phrases of "Free Markets" and "Global Economy" are a death sentence to Americans as proven by our trade deficit and massive unemployment. I call upon our politicians to stop wasting our precious time arguing over taxes as a source of our stagnant and failed economy, and focus on bringing jobs back to the U.S.A.. I talk to a lot of folks who agree that we must produce most of what we consume in order to keep our wealth within our country. I would like to see our political leaders adopt some of the more successful traits of nations that are not failing, secured borders, tariffs and trade limits might be a good start. We can only change failed administrations and policies so long, we are running out of time."
    O Frank what about us if you don`t buy cheap chinese products they won't buy our iron ore and cheap LNG and everything else not bolted down as we in Australia have become accustomed to living high on the hog with low unemployment and also cheap goods and high property values.
    I also read the U.S. in cutting its defence budget which is beyond the pale as we and the world will have to spend more of our own monies on defence and not having you and your tax payers subsidising us you wanted to be the world leader and you are but it costs money your money from your taxes so keep up the good work while we and the rest of the world enjoy ourselves from your bale outs.
    I would just like to say THANKYOU and THANKYOU again keep those taxes coming

Tony

Comment

Tony, we don't need to spend a dime on defense any more. China is developing weapons to destroy our navy if need be, and anyway china will be the new world watchdog! Since china holds much of our debt, it is in their best interest to protect us.I suggest you folks become heavily in debt with china as well. The new world order!

Comment

Tony, we don't need to spend a dime on defense any more. China is developing weapons to destroy our navy if need be, and anyway china will be the new world watchdog! Since china holds much of our debt, it is in their best interest to protect us.I suggest you folks become heavily in debt with china as well. The new world order!
        Lets be honest Frank you and your countrymen, will never let that happen as you have to much pride in your country and would rather go broke than surrender to China millitary and financially not many citizens of other countries put their hands on their harts when their national anthems are played and this pride sometimes blinds you to what is really the best when you flex your millitary muscle.

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by AFM View Post
          Lets be honest Frank you and your countrymen, will never let that happen as you have to much pride in your country and would rather go broke than surrender to China millitary and financially not many citizens of other countries put their hands on their harts when their national anthems are played and this pride sometimes blinds you to what is really the best when you flex your millitary muscle.

Tony
          Tony, that may have been true but unless we get our act together that will change. I can't see us going to war when we have to ask china to foot the bill! Plenty of folks around the world like to take cheap shots at the USA, but when we cease to be the evil bully we are somethimes portrayed to be, WATCH OUT!!!

Comment

The Chinese have been working on a secret weapon for the past 20 years that has the potential to wreak utter and total destruction of the United States.

The Soviets tried to go head to head with the United States in weapons development. They have excellent scientists, mathematicians and engineers at their disposal, on a par with most of the world and in some areas very comparable to the US. Their aerodynamicists and jet engine technologists were cream of the crop. They lacked the manufacturing process prowess and of course they lacked the economic horsepower to pay for the cold war. So in the end, they went out of business.

The Chinese are smart, smarter than the Kremlin. They were watching carefully. Their weapon has stealth technology, and more power than any Soviet or American weapon. We apparently have no countermeasure.

Their weapon is..... WalMart.

Comment

I hope we can keep making jokes about this and never face a real threat from china.

Comment

I hope we can keep making jokes about this and never face a real threat from china.
                Everything is about economics. Everything.

Before the global economy, you had to have a war to conquer another country. You did that so that you could take what they had of value.

Isn't this, for all intents and purposes, a war? Isn't this just the latest evolutionary development in warfare? An outside nation is taking our wealth and using it to promote their own. Sadly, most Americans don't understand that it's a war. They are still thinking in terms of guns and bombs. The Chinese are laughing at us, all the way to the bank.

Economic warfare is much easier and cleaner than ICBMs. Better results, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy_M View Post
                  Everything is about economics. Everything.

Before the global economy, you had to have a war to conquer another country. You did that so that you could take what they had of value.

Isn't this, for all intents and purposes, a war? Isn't this just the latest evolutionary development in warfare? An outside nation is taking our wealth and using it to promote their own. Sadly, most Americans don't understand that it's a war. They are still thinking in terms of guns and bombs. The Chinese are laughing at us, all the way to the bank.

Economic warfare is much easier and cleaner than ICBMs. Better results, too.
                  Andy, I agree that we are at a war of sorts which threatens our way of life just as much as one fought with traditional weapons. I am a retired, homeowner and maybe it's just me but I see things around me failing constantly and prematurely. The on/off rocker switch on my $400.00 Hayward pool pump is made in mexico and under rated for the pump. I am currently waiting for a replacement after talking to the tech folks who work for the switch co and the folks at Hayward. I received new ignitors for my propane grill and the dimensions were completely off. I called the co and told them if someone trys to install these things they might cause and explosion.
                  We are paying good money for "junk" that must be either modified or replaced far sooner than higher quality goods once available.

Some of my neighbors are aware of the things that have come to my attention, but a lot of folks who are not hands on, go about their days completely oblivious to the failing world around them. They think it's good to have cheap labor in china produce our consumer goods. They are clueless as to the mounting damage caused to our job market, economy and residential infrastructure.

Comment

Oh Franki.

I haven't been on here much as of late - I missed you buddy!

Very well said.

Comment

Working...
                    X