Are You a Winner?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Are You a Winner?

I will tell him the truth: It is a cold, cruel, unforgiving world out there. However, I will support him through practical means rather than casting judgement. I will ask how he is doing, what seems to be the problem, come up with ways to fix it, in short, even if he isn't the best, instill the tools needed to be the best. Where his status is then is where it lies, A priviledge I was never given.

To better answer your question,

"Son, I know and understand you are really attempting your best. But I'm not the one you need to strive for approval. When you grow up, you will need to impress others through your own acheivements, meaning you still need to acheive in the first place. You need to strive be the best for your own sake, for your own improvement, only then will you understand what you can and cannot do and move on accordingly. All I can do is guide, coach, correct, and disipline, I can do no more, to say otherwise would be a complete lie. Son, do not forget that I trust you, that you will make the best decisions you can with what is available to you. There will be a day when you make a wrong decision, but know this: You will always be my son, and nothing can change that."

Comment

Re: Are You a Winner?

I think saying you tried your best and trying your best are 2 different things. When you try your best you may not win but lets face it you will be at the top.

Comment

Working...
      X