Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your FUNNIEST story(Job Related)

I know everyone has some stories on something that made them laugh thier @$$ off. so I'll start with one

Usually involving a dumba$$ some of the funniest are someone almost getting hurt.

I was a plumbers helper and the genius I was working with was the one "traing me"(mostly on what not to do)..He was using a drill thru some studs and decided to clean the drill by wiping it on his pants, the only thing I can guess is he thought "Hey, like an idiot I'll just put this drill on my leg and turn it on just enough to get the wood out of the drill bit."
    So he pulls the trigger and ZIP REAL FAST pinched his leg and wrapped his jeans in the bit, and he started to yell at me " GET IT OUT< GET IT OUT!!!!, I was laughing too hard to aid him in a hurry and finally was able to spit out, Put it in reverse, OH MY GOD HE DID IT, Laughing harder now, can't see straight, face I'm sure was the reddest red you could imagine, can't catch my breath, TAKE THE BIT OUT OF THE DRILL STUPID(I unplugged it by now) I swear I was laughing for days at that one, Some stories you just never forget!!

I have others and will post them here also, but looking for a few laughs from some of you other guys as well

MORAL: Respect your tools, because they have no respect for you! HA HA HA
    I don't bite my finger nails, I KNOW when payday is, and yes, it can run uphill when it gets blocked(or you install a grinder pump) so HA!!!!

Re: What is your FUNNIEST story(Job Related)

MORAL: Respect your tools, because they have no respect for you!
    That's a good line to use when talking about tool safety.
    ---------------
    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
    ---------------
    “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
    ---------
    "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
    ---------
    sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Preparing to dig a pole hole with an auger utility truck and the foreman insists we move the spot. We break the sidewalk five feet away from our previous spot, start the digging and stop when the auger hits a water main! Water shoots up almost three stories.

My coworkers decide to sell three used utility poles to a marina, but when they disconnect the pole trailer from the truck hitch, it gets away from them and runs right into a adjacent waterway. It floats to the middle and sinks.
      A few days later they rig a grappling hook and retrive the rig.

Forced into telephone repair from our regular work as linemen, we are not properly equipped and must make do without many necessary tools. My partner and I find ourselves in a customers hall closet trying to identify her inside wiring, Unfortunately the only light we have is my partner's bic lighter and when we smell something cooking it's not the customer making lunch, it's her fur coat. Only burned a bit of fur.

Comment

eating lunch with the crew of 20+. when all of a sudden one of the guys is getting a golden shower turns out one of the other tradesman was relieving themselves and assumed the pipes were connected in the subterranean garage. he runs upstairs to try to find them but was too late.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

I'm not sure this would qualify as the funniest story ever, but it surely was the oddest for me. (I'll try and keep it clean).

About 13 years ago, I went to this ladies house to install a Lav faucet in her bathroom.

On my way to her bathroom..you had to go through her bedroom. Now this lady KNEW I was coming that day so what do I see on her bed in PLAIN view? I saw about 5-6 d*ildos lined up on the bed with a video camera pointed right at the bed. Now this lady wasn't married so...I'm not sure if she had a boyfriend. But I think my face turned 3 shades of red as I walked through.

Well while I was installing her faucet..I was lying flat on my back and in the Vanity (2-door)...what does she do? She lies flat on her back on the other side of the vanity and is having a full fledge conversation with me..lol. I mean she was REALLY close to me..and it was extremely hard maintaining my composure.

That's all that happened, but I often wonder what would of happened, if I actually would of played on her advances.

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post
            I'm not sure this would qualify as the funniest story ever, but it surely was the oddest for me. (I'll try and keep it clean).

About 13 years ago, I went to this ladies house to install a Lav faucet in her bathroom.

On my way to her bathroom..you had to go through her bedroom. Now this lady KNEW I was coming that day so what do I see on her bed in PLAIN view? I saw about 5-6 d*ildos lined up on the bed with a video camera pointed right at the bed. Now this lady wasn't married so...I'm not sure if she had a boyfriend. But I think my face turned 3 shades of red as I walked through.

Well while I was installing her faucet..I was lying flat on my back and in the Vanity (2-door)...what does she do? She lies flat on her back on the other side of the vanity and is having a full fledge conversation with me..lol. I mean she was REALLY close to me..and it was extremely hard maintaining my composure.

That's all that happened, but I often wonder what would of happened, if I actually would of played on her advances.
            You did the right thing, you were there to work and nothing else! I did telephone repair and installation years ago and many attractive women answered the door nearly naked. A few decided it was necessary to shower while I was there working! One young lady had several pairs of panties covering her phone extension cord. Too risky and too flaky for my taste. Never know when a boyfriend or husband will show up either.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
              You did the right thing, you were there to work and nothing else! I did telephone repair and installation years ago and many attractive women answered the door nearly naked. A few decided it was necessary to shower while I was there working! One young lady had several pairs of panties covering her phone extension cord. Too risky and too flaky for my taste. Never know when a boyfriend or husband will show up either.
              Yea my dad beat it into my head to maintain my composure at all times. It only takes 1 lady to say I made advances towards her..and my name is in the paper.

My told told me a story one time in where he installed a boiler, and when he was finished the job..her daughter came down the basement steps as he was coming up. She tried to lay a liplock on him, and he pushed her away. To make a long story short, he had to get a constable to get paid cause the lady refused. He thought the lady set her daughter up to do that so they could say.."hey you tried to sexual assault me..now we aren't paying the bill".

Another time he had a lady answer the door with panties on and nothing else (naked up top) and she said "I have no heat". He said.."I'm not coming in until you get some clothes on. Who in their right mind is half naked when it's cold out?

Comment

Your Dad taught you right! I refused to do a few jobs if there was only a teenage girl present, I told them call back when and adult is home. My wife's cousin is an Electrician and he did work for a very wealthy couple. The trophy wife walked around in bikini all week and when it was time to get paid, she flat out said no and if he pushed was going to cry "Rape". Some people are just that crooked and cruel. I worked all over The Bronx and if I had refused to work around half naked women, I would have been out of work. I remember as a kid, my Mom was always dressed and our home always clean, I felt so proud of that fact when I saw the alternatives.

Comment

I asked my dad today for any stories from the past and he told me this one..

One of dad's personal friends had a friend who needed baseboard ran and some boiler work needed to be done. When he finished the job he sent them a bill, and of course it wasn't paid. Dad sent the letters..and they were ignored, so he went down to the courthouse and got the constable involved. (6 months went by)

The constable was waiting for the lady when she went to work with a tow truck and driver. The constable said.."Hi Betty how are you" from across the parking lot. With a puzzled look on her face, she said "hello" back.

The constable said.."btw do you know _____"? and she replied back "I don't think so". He said.."You better find out because...he's taking your vehicle for non payment of a bill". The lady got all flustered and got her husband on the phone right away. The lady wrote a check right then and there and the constable said "if this bounces we are coming back for the car".

Comment

We were working on a big factory addition , we were parked in the building
                    The concret guys had just poured a large slab that morning
                    I don't remember were this helper was going ...
                    but he stopped after he sunk in
                    It was funny

Comment

True story. Pops knew a contractor that went to a doctors appointment. As with many doctors-the appointment was not on time. After waiting for 45+minutes he left.

A few days later he gets a bill from the doctor's office for failure to make the appointment.

So he turns around and sends the doctor a bill for twice as much for not making the appointment either.

Doctor hit the roof & called him saying he wasn't going to pay anything! (Some people man) Contractor told him I think you get the point about your joke of a bill too.

J.C.

Comment

Time: July 2005, Place: Doha, Qatar.

At the time, there was a road construction project for the base and the street lighting to go along with it. Well, with engineering's guidence, the escavator operators were digging the trenches for us electricians to run power from pole base to pole base. Well, ever hear of "X marks the spot"? one such "John Deer cable finder did just that. In a single swoop, that operator rammed the excavator bucket through not only a six in PVC sewer line, a ten inch water main (Also PVC), AND an 11 kilovolt powerline. So, not only did we have a fifteen foot geyser, it STANK, and it was electrified.

Man that was a dirty job. To this day it bugs me that I had to make a high voltage splice underneath two repaired plumbing pipes. God I hope that splice still holds. A minor leak is one thing, a minor leak over a high voltage splice is quite another. Yikes.
                        Last edited by tailgunner; 08-20-2010, 08:13 PM.

Comment

2 days ago I was working on a pair of commercial boilers

Someone else working in the building was in and out of the room alot, so the door was propped open.

This kid comes running into the room, stops for a second or 2, and snatches up 3 or 4 hand tools, and bolts from the room.

He only made it about 100ft before I caught up to him and informed him that he could not have my tools.

Funny and irritating at the same time to me.... This kid was about 4 years old, and running around unsupervised.

Comment

When I was 14, I was helping out a carpentry crew for Perry Homes, They had one of the scaffolds built out of 2x4's and 2x12's, the Boss waws on top of the second level (about 12' high) and one of the legs at the ground was out of level, so the saw man started to hit it back in place and just when the boss was trying to say that's good, one more wack and it came crashing down, the funny part also was when he started to chase the saw man around because the boss did not want to do it like that in the first place

Another funny story (SAME JOB) I was using a nail gun to put up hardiback siding on a garage and I missed a stud and heard AHHH, I peeked thru the hole and saw my boss grabbing his a$$. I layed the gun down and went around the corner and started to walk in from the other way "What happened?" I said stupidly
                            I don't bite my finger nails, I KNOW when payday is, and yes, it can run uphill when it gets blocked(or you install a grinder pump) so HA!!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X