X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Approved

Just approved this week. Will you be driving one? Maybe?

http://www.mahindrana.com/

J.C.

Re: Just Approved

That truck looks like it would be awesome. payload of 1 1/3 tons. 30 mpg. When I was in Iraq I saw all these cool work trucks and woundered why we had the unpractical trucks we had. seriously I was plumbing out of a 1 ton GMC duelly over there. that was just stupid. I guess all the Texans wanted to work out of there cowboy cadilacs instead of something useful. Just look at the pictures the Australians post of there trucks. they look practical.

Comment

Originally posted by saysflushable View Post
      That truck looks like it would be awesome. payload of 1 1/3 tons. 30 mpg. When I was in Iraq I saw all these cool work trucks and woundered why we had the unpractical trucks we had. seriously I was plumbing out of a 1 ton GMC duelly over there. that was just stupid. I guess all the Texans wanted to work out of there cowboy cadilacs instead of something useful. Just look at the pictures the Australians post of there trucks. they look practical.
      I have to say two things:

1) When I see Indian made industrial product, I immediately think low quality. But that's what we all used to say about Japan and China. Early adopters did well being the first to try some of those vehicles.

2) I really like it! From the stance, picture, and specs. Has some of the look of an oversized & indestructible late 70's or early 80's Datsun.

I always wanted a Mid-Size pickup with a smaller inline diesel. Kept waiting for the Big 3 to do something. They kept teasing the idea. Even Toyota. Never happened though.

J.C.

Comment

Were do you put your stuff ??
        The bike dont even fit

Comment

Wasn't thinking about it for work. More personal/work.

J.C.

Comment

Quality wise it may be total junk. but dang 30mpg, 4 door, 1 1/3 tons.

Comment

Looking at the 4 door, the handling would get mighty squirrely if you put a ton in the bed. The rear wheels are at the front of the bed so all weight you put in it would have a lifting effect on the front wheels. Not good. I wonder if some of that payload rating includes passengers and fuel? It looks like an Explorer Sport trac. Maybe that rating is only for the regular cab.

EDIT: Looked at the brochure - their payload rating is the difference between curb weight and GVW, so the "Payload" includes passengers and fuel. The payload ratings are slightly smaller on the 4 door, but I still would not put a lot in the bed, not that it could hold much. Awfully short. The MPG is attractive, but how many service trucks spend a boatload of time on the highway. The city rating is probably much more important in a commercial vehicle.
              Last edited by JTROANOKE; 08-25-2010, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Re: Just Approved, AND JUST REMOVED

1- 1/3 TONS , My Irish ARSE, IT IS Look at the dinky .tires,rims,leaf springs,COUNT THE LITTLE LUGS ! Only a greenhorn would get sucked in with their tripe.
                I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                  1- 1/3 TONS , My Irish ARSE, IT IS Look at the dinky .tires,rims,leaf springs,COUNT THE LITTLE LUGS ! Only a greenhorn would get sucked in with their tripe.
                  Gross vehicle weight??? Doubt if it could haul two 40lb sacks of Quikcrete.

Looks like that little POS Ford PU.

James

Comment

Originally posted by James P View Post
                    Gross vehicle weight??? Doubt if it could haul two 40lb sacks of Quikcrete.

Looks like that little POS Ford PU.

James
                    I remember the Ford Courier!

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                      I remember the Ford Courier!

J.C.
                      I had one. Reliable, but sloooow.

The Mihindra sort of looks like the Sport Trac.

James

Comment

I personally don't see it at all as an everyday "work" truck that one would put 1,000 lbs. or more in frequently.

Majority of 1/2 ton Chevy, Ford, Dodge, Toyota's aren't even doing that.

I do know how much all trades haul though.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                          Just approved this week. Will you be driving one? Maybe?

http://www.mahindrana.com/

J.C.
                          At least the steering is on the correct side for civilized people

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by AFM View Post
                            At least the steering is on the correct side for civilized people

Tony
                            If you're a mail carrier.

Comment

Working...
                            X