Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I wonder

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Re: I wonder

    I was going to type a long response filled with repudiation of some of the innacuracies and outright lies I have read here but then realized that there is no point. Hitler's name was brought up earlier an along that line of thought it occured to me that just like the average German citizen of the time, the propagandists in this nation on both sides have done a truely magnifigant job of lying to the American people and deviding them against each other when we should be united against them. I believe, I hope that that is the direction that guys like Beck and movements like the tea party are all about. Only time will tell in the end.

    Just remember though that in the land of the blind, the one eyed man will be king.
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #17
      Re: I wonder

      The clock is ticking down, and while we argue over whose losing team is right china grows stronger and stronger.
      And every time someone buys something made in China, they are helping to fund their campaign against us in one way or another.

      But then there are our own people who are doing us just as much harm, and for what? a couple thousand dollars? Did anyone see 60 minutes last week about the contractor working in the Pentagon who sold secrets to china? He should be shot, and so should the Chinese spy they caught with him.
      "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
      John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

      Comment


      • #18
        Re: I wonder

        We don't shoot spies anymore. We put them on Oprah and let them sell books.
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #19
          Re: I wonder

          Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
          I was going to type a long response filled with repudiation of some of the innacuracies and outright lies I have read here but then realized that there is no point. Hitler's name was brought up earlier an along that line of thought it occured to me that just like the average German citizen of the time, the propagandists in this nation on both sides have done a truely magnifigant job of lying to the American people and deviding them against each other when we should be united against them. I believe, I hope that that is the direction that guys like Beck and movements like the tea party are all about. Only time will tell in the end.

          Just remember though that in the land of the blind, the one eyed man will be king.
          Agreed!

          I hear about Wars we were not supposed to be in, but yet they conveniently forget about Vietnam and the 58,000 lives we lost in a war the Democrats got us into. They got us into it..and then treated our soldiers like crap when they came back.

          The left also conveniently leaves out that some of the most far left nut bag in congress voted for the Iraq war. But you never hear that at all...they all SAW the same reports Bush did.

          I see things like Beck and the Republicans are "fear mongers"...really? Does the left really want to go there?
          How about Obama & Pelosi telling the american people on these ridiculous bills they are jamming down our throats.."We need to pass this bill RIGHT NOW" or it's the end of the world. (paraphrasing the last part) We are passing bills nobody has time to read.

          The best was..when Obama told a crowd that law enforcement would be grabbing their children while eating ice cream because of this immigration law.

          Everything in this thread the left has accused the right..the left has done the same thing as well. I mean..we are we going with this?

          November..we make Obama a "lame duck" President...can't freaking wait.

          Comment


          • #20
            Re: I wonder

            Originally posted by Flux View Post
            Agreed!

            I hear about Wars we were not supposed to be in, but yet they conveniently forget about Vietnam and the 58,000 lives we lost in a war the Democrats got us into. They got us into it..and then treated our soldiers like crap when they came back.

            The left also conveniently leaves out that some of the most far left nut bag in congress voted for the Iraq war. But you never hear that at all...they all SAW the same reports Bush did.

            I see things like Beck and the Republicans are "fear mongers"...really? Does the left really want to go there?
            How about Obama & Pelosi telling the american people on these ridiculous bills they are jamming down our throats.."We need to pass this bill RIGHT NOW" or it's the end of the world. (paraphrasing the last part) We are passing bills nobody has time to read.

            The best was..when Obama told a crowd that law enforcement would be grabbing their children while eating ice cream because of this immigration law.

            Everything in this thread the left has accused the right..the left has done the same thing as well. I mean..we are we going with this?

            November..we make Obama a "lame duck" President...can't freaking wait.
            You must be a Beck student of history.

            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vietnam_War

            Comment


            • #21
              Re: I wonder

              Originally posted by James P View Post
              You must be a Beck student of history.

              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vietnam_War
              Up until the mid 1960's the U.S. only supported Vietnam with money and military advisors.

              My dad went on the first wave over..I think he would know who was President when the boots hit the ground.

              Comment


              • #22
                Re: I wonder

                Originally posted by James P View Post
                You must be a Beck student of history.

                http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vietnam_War
                To be fair by today's standards Eisenhower would be considered a liberal Democrat.

                Just because we had 50,000 troops in Vietnam before a Democrat took office doesn't mean they didn't start the 'war'. I don't think war was actually declared through act of congress until Lyndon Johnson's presidency, so saying the Democrats started the Vietnam war is in fact a true statement.

                Democrats had plenty of opportunity to step out. instead they lied and dug themselves in deeper for their own political advancement. To me blaming them for Vietnam isn't all that far fetched.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Re: I wonder

                  Originally posted by boytyperanma View Post
                  To be fair by today's standards Eisenhower would be considered a liberal Democrat.

                  Just because we had 50,000 troops in Vietnam before a Democrat took office doesn't mean they didn't start the 'war'. I don't think war was actually declared through act of congress until Lyndon Johnson's presidency, so saying the Democrats started the Vietnam war is in fact a true statement.

                  Democrats had plenty of opportunity to step out. instead they lied and dug themselves in deeper for their own political advancement. To me blaming them for Vietnam isn't all that far fetched.
                  Correct...the Dems didn't have to send the troops.

                  What's weird is..I'd be willing to bet that JFK would be a Republican today if he was alive.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Re: I wonder

                    Originally posted by Flux View Post
                    Correct...the Dems didn't have to send the troops.

                    What's weird is..I'd be willing to bet that JFK would be a Republican today if he was alive.
                    lol I think your pundit-trometer is severely broken. By what measure would a Kennedy be considered Republican.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Re: I wonder

                      Originally posted by boytyperanma View Post
                      lol I think your pundit-trometer is severely broken. By what measure would a Kennedy be considered Republican.
                      Well...

                      Would you agree that the Democrats of then..are different from now? Kennedy was a staunch Catholic..he wouldn't of been for stem cell or abortion..both platforms the left runs on now.

                      I'm only 37 years old so,obviously I wasn't born to experience what happen back then. I only go off from what I hear from the old timers that I talk too.

                      But I hear people say that the Democratic party back when my father was growing up..was more like the Republican party today. My father back then grew up in a Democratic household. He just basically told me the differences from then to today. I forget what year my father switched to Republican...but he had many reasons for it.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Re: I wonder

                        I think any politician will claim to be with whatever party that they think will gain them the most.

                        J.C.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Re: I wonder

                          Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                          I think any politician will claim to be with whatever party that they think will gain them the most.

                          J.C.
                          Hence the reason why we need terms limits in the worse way. It would be nice to have 3 solid parties in congress and having fresh new faces and ideas every few years...especially for senators. I'm tired of the 2 party rule.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Re: I wonder

                            Originally posted by Flux View Post
                            Would you agree that the Democrats of then..are different from now?
                            Yes as a party they are much further to the right of their past policies.

                            Kennedy was a staunch Catholic..he wouldn't of been for stem cell or abortion..both platforms the left runs on now.
                            Hardly a compelling case you got there. You know his brother Ted Kennedy was also a staunch Catholic thus morally opposed to stem cell and abortion. Also John Kerry manages to pull off the Democrat+Catholic thing pretty well too. I'm actually running the current senators through my head and am willing to bet their are more Catholic Democrats then there are Catholic Republicans in congress. So your argument Kennedy was Catholic ergo he would be Republican is pretty weak. Want to try again?

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Re: I wonder

                              Originally posted by Flux View Post
                              Hence the reason why we need terms limits in the worse way. It would be nice to have 3 solid parties in congress and having fresh new faces and ideas every few years...especially for senators. I'm tired of the 2 party rule.
                              I personally think term limits are a stupid concept. They're like saying 'we're too stupid, please make a law to save us from ourselves' You know if you think the person in office is a bad guy you don't have to vote for him. The only thing keeping them in office is people voting them in. I'm personally for people being able to vote for who they want, like in a democracy. I do have some personal conflict with my principles however as because of them we end up with the government we deserve. A few bother to educate themselves while the others are herded like sheep to the polls. Until America as a people are willing to step up and perform their duty as voters and educate and decide for themselves we'll keep going the same route. That or Atlas will finally shrug, the system will crash and we'll have to start anew.


                              You may be tired of 2 party rule, but more parties in the US is really a pipe dream. We have Democracy 1.0 newer versions have come out that allow more distribution of power between parties. Our system isn't necessarily inferior, it's stable and can outperform others in terms of getting things done. But we have a system in which a single person can dramatically tip the scales towards their party regardless of the opposition. A party must be powerful enough and inclusive enough to attract a wide variety of people. The two parties we have simply move the goal posts, in terms of policy, as needed to attract enough followers. A party must be strong enough to take the presidency to be viable. It's what limits us to 2 parties.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Re: I wonder

                                "Kennedy was a staunch Catholic". I would agree with your theory, except although President Kennedy was loved and respected by most Americans, he broke his marriage vows! You can't pick and choose if you are a staunch catholic. I can no longer call myself a catholic, I feel abortion while a form of murder is a necessary evil, stem cell research may very well save lives, some folks deserve killing!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X