X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wonder

How many people would have to show up at a rally on Washington before Obama would actually take notice?

I wonder if all the hate speak, exageration and outright lies coming from the liberal media concerning the event are really nothing more than frustration over the fact that all of them together could not come close to drawing a crowd that large.?

Why are liberals so scared of anybody with deep faith? This country was founded by men with deep faith.
    Last edited by NHMaster3015; 09-01-2010, 08:32 PM.
    sigpic

Re: I wonder

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
    How many people would have to show up at a rally on Washington before Obama would actually take notice?

I wonder if all the hate speak, exageration and outright lies coming from the liberal media concerning the event are really nothing more than frustration over the fact that all of them together could not come close to drawing a crowd that large.?

Why are liberals so scared of anybody with deep faith? This country was founded by men with deep faith.
    Scared of Beck and his nutty followers. Hardly

Why do GOPers like to be led around by drunks and drug addicts?
    Last edited by James P; 09-01-2010, 09:46 PM.

Comment

This from a party with leaders like Barney Frank, Maxine Waters, Nancy Pelosi. Who are you calling nutz
      sigpic

Comment

If Beck is so desirable to the GOPers why doesn't he run for public office?

I'm not the one tooting my horn about party leadership. The main problem with todays Dem. leadership is they come off as mamby pampy wimps. Including Obama of late. He doesn't seem to have the will to carry the fight to the Republicans

The Dems will lose control of both Houses this year, but I seriously doubt the Republicans will hold them for more than 4 years.

Comment

High unemployment means alot of people have alot of free time on their hands. It's best just let those people vent for an hour, then watch them go home soon afterwards feeling better, and just in time to watch "Price is Right".

Just remember, when one is unemployed, then one isn't paying taxes, so the government has little reason to listen to them.

Comment

Originally posted by tailgunner View Post
            High unemployment means alot of people have alot of free time on their hands. It's best just let those people vent for an hour, then watch them go home soon afterwards feeling better, and just in time to watch "Price is Right".

Just remember, when one is unemployed, then one isn't paying taxes, so the government has little reason to listen to them.
            I know people who left a lot of money on the table to spend time to support this cause.
            #1 being a concrete company owner.
            Probably paid more taxes than any 100 men(sleezbag non tax paying business owners employing illegals)

Comment

I thanked and nominated this post because I feel we must discuss these things and find some common ground. I give beck credit for drawing a crowd, folks are not pleased with the present administration. I think if beck was in the spot light for the last administration or the next, he will have similar a draw. Personally, I disagree with beck on things like Unions but I'm a Union guy. Someone said the dems will lose and republicans will take power only to lose themselves in four years, I agree but at what point do party loyalists see that Neither party is doing what is right for America?

I don't have to "wonder", I'm positive whoever is in power could care less what the American public thinks. Whoever is in power is too busy pushing their agenda. I watch Fox News and have been insulted for doing so by some members here, but I know where to draw the line. Today Fox commentators were defending the trillion dollars spent on the wars as having nothing to do with our economic woes. The failed stimulus of Presidents Bush and Obama, along with the trillion dollar war expense all adds up, justified or not!

I ask you clear thinking adults, how much longer can we borrow from communist china and others to run our government and country? How many more American dollars can we allow to leave our economy never to return in exchange for cheap, disposable junk from overseas? How much longer can we pay Americans to not work?

If you are disturbed by those questions, and feel they are reasonable then stop thinking your political party will change anything for the better. They already had plenty of chances and did nothing!

I wonder how much time America has left? The big picture folks, please open your eyes and see the big picture.

Comment

Personally I love Glenn Beck, and he's usually spot on when it comes to factual things. I believe the reason he's so hated is because the "far left" doesn't want the actual truth to come out. The far left is into brain washing..especially to our youth in America.

I know quite a few people who entered college as conservatives and came out far left nut bags. How in the world did that happen?

The problem with Obama is he's Anti-American, and he's a racist, and I say that before I even get into his policies.

To be quite honest..I'm fine with Moderate Democrats as I feel they are as close to the center as you can possibly get from the Democratic side. The 60's radicals that are currently leading that party is going to be their downfall.

Moderate Democrats are pretty even keeled IMO, and they have to get control of their party, and bring it back to where it was.

I can be radical to the right on some issues, but I can also lean to the center a lot as well.

I get ticked at my own party on some things, and we got Obama because of Bush..and I liked Bush to some extent.

It's funny because..the left "screamed" at Bush for his spending..but yet Obama is going to "smash" what Bush did, and the left is quiet!

I personally think Obama is on the verge of killing the Democratic party with his radical agenda's for a very long time. If we take one of the houses back in Nov. and toss Obama's butt out in 2 years...that's the end of the Democrats until they get their act straight.

Nobody in their right mind signed up for this type of change. This was the wrong President to give the keys and a "super majority" too. All of this "jamming" agenda's down our throat and against the will of the American people, woke us up.

Racists and people with No executive experience should be winning Presidential elections in this country. Obama was nothing more than a community organizer and novelty.

The G.O.P. better get their act together as well, cause they are on the verge or losing me to Libertarian or Constitutional party.

The Democrats..like the Republicans..need some new blood in Washington. We need term limits for both houses, as I think that will help curb the lobbyists, and special interests groups killing this country.

Comment

If you are using one's ability to "draw a crowd" as a mark of greatness, then I think you are sadly in need of some history education.

We are in a terrible time in this country. The middle class has lost continually in the last three decades, and monstrously since 2000. The past administration was in clear support of big business and all that got us was lost jobs, and a massive influx of illegal immigrants across our southern border. It also got us two wars, loss of some of our freedom, neglect of our environment and our personal health, and a squandering of both our national pride, world position, and economic health

Under the last administration, we lost millions of jobs, but we made up for part of it by putting our sons and daughters and neighbors and friends in uniform... sending them to Iraq, again and again.

So now the latest polls show how really smart the American people are... 74% think the war was wrong... I wonder how many of those were pro-Republican and pro-war from 2000 through 2008?

Here we are, now a year and a half into a Democratic administration and the Glen Beck's of this country are making a fortune and gaining a name for themselves off the fear mongering and name calling that they seem to have a real talent for. Blame everything on the guy in the white house, tell them all about the death panels, the waste of national health care, and why it is such a waste to spend government money to help the poor, those who have lost thier jobs, and those that have become impoverished because of the last administration's incompetancy. Then blame these poor for the current troubles, for the lack of jobs, for the lack of a better future, and for all the ills that one can conjur up.

Yep, you'll surely gain a crowd... as most people are looking for someone, other than themselves to blame. No body wants to think that it is their own political ignorance, their own excesses, or their own greed that has put this country where it is. No Republicn wants to consider that the debt is of their making, that the loss of jobs is their loss, and that the problems we currently face are mostly the results of thier administration.

So yeah, Glen Beck draws a crowd, as does Sarah Palin. And though they are against the spending of tax dollars to help others... they tout their position as being "Christian".... that in itself is sort of a joke, isn't it? My Christian upbringing tells me that we do share, we do step up to the plate and take responsibility for our brothers and sisters, and we are willing dip into our pockets to help out our neighbors. I guess in today's America, those kinds of Christian values seem to be lost.

So Glen and Sarah talk "a good game" when they tell us how America needs to return to its core values, when at the same time they scream about national health care, job programs, and encentive spending on behalf of the American working class. America's core values, it's heritage has always been about neighbor helping neighbor and it's always been about standing up for the little guy and against the robber barons that use our blood and sweat to build the empires that pollute and destroy and then leave the waste to those that they have used in the process.

A bit of history... Adolf Hitler drew very large crowds too! He told his people that the fatherland was more important than the rest of the world and he told them that all the faults and pains that they were suffering was because of the immigrants, the Jews, the non-Arians, and the unionists. Adolf Hitler was a hero, everybody listened and cheered and raised thier hands in salute to his seemingly wise tellings. Hitler knew well that if you give the people someone to blame, that they would believe it willingly and then follow blindly. If you give them someone to hate and you embellished it with grandeur, then not only would they follow, but that no amount of fact or intelligent reasoning would ever get in the way.

Those that do not know and understand history, will be condemned to repeat it!

CWS
                  Last edited by CWSmith; 09-02-2010, 01:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by James P View Post
                    If Beck is so desirable to the GOPers why doesn't he run for public office?

I'm not the one tooting my horn about party leadership. The main problem with todays Dem. leadership is they come off as mamby pampy wimps. Including Obama of late. He doesn't seem to have the will to carry the fight to the Republicans

The Dems will lose control of both Houses this year, but I seriously doubt the Republicans will hold them for more than 4 years.
                    He has been asked that question many many times and if you guys that constantly misquote him and put words in his mouth that are not there would actually listen to him instead of the out of context sound bites that Chris Matthews likes to play, you would know why he does not run for office.

Yes the Dems, will loose control and yes so will the Repubs if they don't start listening to the people that elected them. That's sort of what that whole rally was about but the signifigance of the event seems to have gone right over many legislators heads.
                    sigpic

Comment

I was there with 300,000 other Right Wingnuts

Sarah Palin

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post
                        Personally I love Glenn Beck, and he's usually spot on when it comes to factual things. I believe the reason he's so hated is because the "far left" doesn't want the actual truth to come out. The far left is into brain washing..especially to our youth in America.

I know quite a few people who entered college as conservatives and came out far left nut bags. How in the world did that happen?

The problem with Obama is he's Anti-American, and he's a racist, and I say that before I even get into his policies.

To be quite honest..I'm fine with Moderate Democrats as I feel they are as close to the center as you can possibly get from the Democratic side. The 60's radicals that are currently leading that party is going to be their downfall.

Moderate Democrats are pretty even keeled IMO, and they have to get control of their party, and bring it back to where it was.

I can be radical to the right on some issues, but I can also lean to the center a lot as well.

I get ticked at my own party on some things, and we got Obama because of Bush..and I liked Bush to some extent.

It's funny because..the left "screamed" at Bush for his spending..but yet Obama is going to "smash" what Bush did, and the left is quiet!

I personally think Obama is on the verge of killing the Democratic party with his radical agenda's for a very long time. If we take one of the houses back in Nov. and toss Obama's butt out in 2 years...that's the end of the Democrats until they get their act straight.

Nobody in their right mind signed up for this type of change. This was the wrong President to give the keys and a "super majority" too. All of this "jamming" agenda's down our throat and against the will of the American people, woke us up.

Racists and people with No executive experience should be winning Presidential elections in this country. Obama was nothing more than a community organizer and novelty.

The G.O.P. better get their act together as well, cause they are on the verge or losing me to Libertarian or Constitutional party.

The Democrats..like the Republicans..need some new blood in Washington. We need term limits for both houses, as I think that will help curb the lobbyists, and special interests groups killing this country.

No they didn't!!!

The Left was aiding and abetting him. They were too damned scared to oppose him.

Comment

"Moderate democrat", "far right republican", put whatever name you want on your political agenda and then look around! We need to come together as Americans before communist china owns us. Glen Beck is not hitler, he is a circus act and we are the audience. The real damage is being done by our republican and democratic legislators, who year after year have sold us out to the highest bidder. They sat back and did nothing to stop millions of jobs from leaving, they attended black tie dinners and vacationed with the elite as our trade deficit grew, they have been very well behaved to keep quiet as thousands of Americans died and were wounded in iraq and afghanistan.

Stop defending these bums! Stop the party loyalty that got us to this point and will not save us. The clock is ticking down, and while we argue over whose losing team is right china grows stronger and stronger.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                            "Moderate democrat", "far right republican", put whatever name you want on your political agenda and then look around! We need to come together as Americans before communist china owns us. Glen Beck is not hitler, he is a circus act and we are the audience. The real damage is being done by our republican and democratic legislators, who year after year have sold us out to the highest bidder. They sat back and did nothing to stop millions of jobs from leaving, they attended black tie dinners and vacationed with the elite as our trade deficit grew, they have been very well behaved to keep quiet as thousands of Americans died and were wounded in iraq and afghanistan.

Stop defending these bums! Stop the party loyalty that got us to this point and will not save us. The clock is ticking down, and while we argue over whose losing team is right china grows stronger and stronger.
                            perfect

Comment

Can't wait for Nov. Lotta moving trucks will be needed !
                              I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Working...
                              X