Do you set goals?

Do you write them down?

Bucketlists?

Thanks.

J.C.

Re: Goals?

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
    Do you set goals?

no goals are set. just try to get everything accomplished i set out to do.

Do you write them down?

i don't forget

Bucketlists?

sad movie

Thanks.

J.C.
    but i guess having phoebe is 1 less thing on the bucket list

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
      but i guess having phoebe is 1 less thing on the bucket list

rick.
      Never saw BucketList, just reusing the term.

Sounds like you do set goals. The things you "set out to do" are your goals.

You remember them and do them.

Probably contributes to your success.

Thanks for the input.

J.C.

Comment

I think of goals as more of a thing when I was young, find a good wife, have children, a house, etc. Now my goals are not nearly as materialistic or external. I don't need to write down what I most want to accomplish in life, no bucket list.

I have had a lot of time to think about things, and I don't need more stuff, different surroundings or people in my life. I seriously work towards being a good person, neighbor, husband and father. I want to leave this earth having imparted helpful life lessons to my daughters without causing hangups and bad memories. New Dads, trust me it is a lot more involved and difficult than it sounds! I want to always have my wife trust me, know that I care about her and love her until one of us passes away.

Setting goals can be a good thing if you don't lose sight of your surroundings and the people you impact in life. What are your goals and what are the trade offs if any? The goals I mentioned benefit the people I love and those they encounter in life. The trade offs for me are small, I am willing to give up certain pleasures in exchange for what I consider are greater goals.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
          I think of goals as more of a thing when I was young, find a good wife, have children, a house, etc. Now my goals are not nearly as materialistic or external. I don't need to write down what I most want to accomplish in life, no bucket list.

I have had a lot of time to think about things, and I don't need more stuff, different surroundings or people in my life. I seriously work towards being a good person, neighbor, husband and father. I want to leave this earth having imparted helpful life lessons to my daughters without causing hangups and bad memories. New Dads, trust me it is a lot more involved and difficult than it sounds! I want to always have my wife trust me, know that I care about her and love her until one of us passes away.

Setting goals can be a good thing if you don't lose sight of your surroundings and the people you impact in life. What are your goals and what are the trade offs if any? The goals I mentioned benefit the people I love and those they encounter in life. The trade offs for me are small, I am willing to give up certain pleasures in exchange for what I consider are greater goals.
          Great goals.

J.C.

Comment

My biggest goal is successfully taking over the business. This business has been around for 36 years and I'm afraid of failure, even though I've been in the trade since I was 13. Plumbing is one thing..but when you add Heating & Cooling on top of it...it's a whole different animal, so there is a lot to learn/know. I'm not one of those types who tries to fix something he knows nothing about. Very unprofessional and makes you look incredibly stupid!

I want to be the best husband I can possibly be to my fiance. Also be a great father for any children I might have in life. I can't wait to ground them...it's my turn to be the authority!!

Yea I sin in life...that's why I make it a goal to give back or help someone out whenever I can.

Comment

" I can't wait to ground them...it's my turn to be the authority!! "

Grounding and disciplining your children is about the toughest task you will have to do in life. And sticking to the punishment will be your biggest challenge in life.
              It is true "this will hurt me alot more than you"

But a must do to raise respectful, loving, law-abiding, successful adults.

Comment

Originally posted by Lee H View Post
                " I can't wait to ground them...it's my turn to be the authority!! "

Grounding and disciplining your children is about the toughest task you will have to do in life. And sticking to the punishment will be your biggest challenge in life.
                It is true "this will hurt me alot more than you"

But a must do to raise respectful, loving, law-abiding, successful adults.
                I was raised with an iron fist, and feel as though I'm a better person today because of it, and I'm thankful for the way I was raised.

HOWEVER..I feel as though it can't be done in today's society.

Because I'm Catholic...we are about to start Pre-cana classes before our marriage. One of the classes focuses on these issues with children, and I'm actually looking forward to hear what they have to say.

I know I'm going to have a hard time disciplining my children, cause that look on their face will "get me" every time.

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post
                  I was raised with an iron fist, and feel as though I'm a better person today because of it, and I'm thankful for the way I was raised.

HOWEVER..I feel as though it can't be done in today's society.

Because I'm Catholic...we are about to start Pre-cana classes before our marriage. One of the classes focuses on these issues with children, and I'm actually looking forward to hear what they have to say.

I know I'm going to have a hard time disciplining my children, cause that look on their face will "get me" every time.
                  It is tough raising your child, your way today. When my younger daughter was five, eleven years ago, my wife was going to spank her butt outside a store for doing something which warranted a smack. A lady walking by said if you spank that child I am going to call the police. My wife backed off, but I told her she should have smacked the women for butting in! There is a fine line between discipline and abuse, we see the negative results of both abuse and the absense of discipline all around us. You need to find that balance and hope your spouse is on board. OVer the years my wife often went against me when it came to the kids and we had many arguments. I never hit her, never divorced, but it has not been easy. Some women have such strong maternal instincts, they cannot respect the authority of their husband when it comes to their child. Good luck and try not to lose your cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                    It is tough raising your child, your way today. When my younger daughter was five, eleven years ago, my wife was going to spank her butt outside a store for doing something which warranted a smack. A lady walking by said if you spank that child I am going to call the police. My wife backed off, but I told her she should have smacked the women for butting in! There is a fine line between discipline and abuse, we see the negative results of both abuse and the absense of discipline all around us. You need to find that balance and hope your spouse is on board. OVer the years my wife often went against me when it came to the kids and we had many arguments. I never hit her, never divorced, but it has not been easy. Some women have such strong maternal instincts, they cannot respect the authority of their husband when it comes to their child. Good luck and try not to lose your cool.

I hear you...things are much different today. But with that said, I feel sorry for the person who tries to butt in if I have to correct my child in public..it won't be pleasant for them.

Comment

Working...
                    X