Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Obama Announcement

Originally posted by James P View Post
    The Bush justice dept. reviewed the BP case and did not pursue it. It was a two goofy looking black guys in front of a polling place in black neighborhood. Who in the Hell were they going to strong arm into voting for Obama?

As for rascist comments you're leading the pack here.

James
    I'm leading the pack on racist comments? How so? Enlighten me please.

Comment

Let's knock off the racist talk. There are real problems and real issues here that matter, not the color of a mans skin. You call a man a racist than you damn well better back it up. All this is doing is getting into a pissing match.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post
        I guess sitting in Reverend Wright's church for 20 years listening to hatred of white people didn't happen.
        Originally posted by Barack Obama
        .we've heard my former pastor...use incendiary language to express views that have the potential not only to widen the racial divide, but views that denigrate both the greatness and the goodness of our nation; that rightly offend white and black alike.

I have already condemned, in unequivocal terms, the statements of Reverend Wright that have caused such controversy. For some, nagging questions remain. Did I know him to be an occasionally fierce critic of American domestic and foreign policy? Of course. Did I ever hear him make remarks that could be considered controversial while I sat in church? Yes. Did I strongly disagree with many of his political views? Absolutely — just as I'm sure many of you have heard remarks from your pastors, priests, or rabbis with which you strongly disagreed.

But the remarks that have caused this recent firestorm weren't simply controversial. They weren't simply a religious leader's effort to speak out against perceived injustice. Instead, they expressed a profoundly distorted view of this country — a view that sees white racism as endemic, and that elevates what is wrong with America above all that we know is right with America...
        Originally posted by Flux
        Calling white people "typical" isn't a racist statement either.
        Well he didn't actually call white people 'typical' so you can spin what he said however you want. He called his grandmother a 'typical white person'

Eric Holder..Obama's appointee for Attorney general..swept the black panther case under the rug after the incident in Philadelphia (my city) in where the black panther was calling for the killing of white babies. Why were no charges brought up?
        I'm not sure how you are defining swept under the rug. The incident happened during the Bush administration. The Bush Administration chose not to press criminal charges. Eric Holder had no need to revisit the case on civil grounds as the previous administration already declined to press charges and no one has ever come forward claiming to have been intimidated by the accused. Should Eric Holder be personally responsible for pressing charges any time FOX news makes something out of nothing?

How about Michelle Obama's thesis she wrote 20 years ago using words like "Black power"?
        You are welcome to read the thesis part1 part2 part3
        part4

Feel free to read and it come back with your argument using her quotes in context.

OK now onto your guilt by association game.

Isn't association with terrorists an act itself? Being friends with Bill Ayers and his wife Bernadine Dohrn doesn't count?
        No terrorism isn't some highly contagious bug that you get from being in the same room as someone else. Friends? Obama makes one shitty friend then. He's been in the same room as them a half dozen times at best. They reside in the US if and have for some time. Any administration has been free to charge them for terrorist actions. Here is an article discussing Obama's relationship with them.

How about Van Jones who wants militant type attacks in the streets of America.
        As much of what has been said about Van Jones has proven to be false I apologize for not looking into the particular bull you are probably spouting. If you have the context of your assertion please provide it.

How about Andy Stern? Who advocates violence as well, and video captured of his members attacking others at Union events.
        You'll have to provide some context here. Obama's met with the man a half dozen times when making policy decisions but it wouldn't be out of the ordinary for the president to consult the leader of the second largest labor union in the country.

While you're chewing on these concrete facts for awhile,
        I'm chewing on them and simply wondering why your inane ramblings are even worthy of a response.

e-mail the Constitutional scholar, and tell him that we only have 50 states in America..not 57.
        I guess you got him there. One of the times in his life he misspoke. At the same time he also juxtaposed 100 million and 100 thousand want to string him up for that too? You're going to have to provide at least a few examples to prove the President of the US doesn't know how many states there are. I'm of the opinion, anyone who believes the Harvard honor student and man running for president actually thought the US had 57 states is a moron.

You're right..none of this stuff happened and I'm using my biased opinions as facts. hehe
        Sure some of this stuff may have actually happened but in the context you presented it, you are clearly biased.

Comment

All I know is that I dont give a crap what party our next president is... and i dont care what his stand is on saving the whales or abortion as long as they can fix this mess we are in right now. I dont know how to fix our problems only speculate. I just see our country heading into a whole mess of trouble and I dont see us getting out of this hole anytime soon.

Whats done is done is done.... lets fix our mess!

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
            Let's knock off the racist talk. There are real problems and real issues here that matter, not the color of a mans skin. You call a man a racist than you damn well better back it up. All this is doing is getting into a pissing match.
            The "character" of a person used to mean something at one time. In today's world that is no longer the case, as society doesn't care about the word character anymore.

The online definition of racist is this.. "Discrimination or prejudice based on race."

I agree with you we shouldn't be talking about the color of a person's skin, but I have a major problem with someone who sat in a church for 20 years listening to hatred against white people. I'm allowed to feel that way, as I don't condone that type of crap..especially from someone who is the President of the United States.

You're right we do have BIG problems in this country...we can't get past the color of ones skin after all these years. You would think one wouldn't put himself in a position to have his character attacked, as nobody in their right mind would of sat in a church and listen to that bull crap. He should of walked out day 1 and never looked back, but yet he didn't, which questions this mans character and his motives in life.

I wasn't even a live when this stuff happen, but yet it's still a major problem with society. If we can't get passed that, how could this country POSSIBLY move forward onto other issues? If we can't respect one another how are we supposed to work together?

Obama claimed he was a "Uniter" (his words) but I've seen nothing but division in this country since he's been elected.

If we exercise our first amendment right and say we dislike one of Obama's policies, we are deemed racists cause the man is black. This is coming from Politicians...people that we elected to represent us, which is unacceptable. I only remember from Ronald Reagan on..and I don't remember this type of anger that's happening in this country at any time. Yea people were ticked at "W" (me included) but not this type of anger we are seeing now.

To be quite honest with you..this isn't a pissing match for me, as I could easily have a beer with any of the Democrats replying in this thread. Sometimes it's hard to tell ones "tone" through a computer screen, and I think we need to keep that in mind. I'm sure the other guys would say the same thing, as there hasn't been any personal attacks at all, which is surprising to say the least. Yea there were some good jabs..but James and the other 2 guys mean well...just like I do. I don't take anything they said personally...as it's healthy to debate.

I belong to a cigar message board...I seen a full blown drag'em out FLAME FEST, because of a certain cigar manufacture came out with a new cigar. If they were all in the same room, hands would of been thrown! It put any Political message board debate to shame!! All that over a stinking cigar!

Comment

boytyperanma - I don't know how to separate like you did so I'll just post it normal.

This is from Michelle Obama's thesis...The concept of Black Power rests on the fundamen-
              tal premise: Before a group can enter the open
              society, it must close ranks.

As far as Van Jones goes..I can't find what I'm looking for cause Beck moved it on his website. It's basically an organization Van Jones belongs too and co-founded, and it's radical agenda's. I can't think of the name to save my life.

Comment

I'm leading the pack on racist comments? How so? Enlighten me please.
                You bring up that Obama is a racist in almost every post. You sure know more about racism than I.

Your Storm Front talking points are getting a little stale for my taste.

Comment

boytyperanma - I don't know how to separate like you did so I'll just post it normal.

This is from Michelle Obama's thesis...The concept of Black Power rests on the fundamental premise: Before a group can enter the open
                  Well from that I'll take it you ignored my advice and didn't bother to read the thesis or you might know that that quote is Stokely Carmichael's not Michelle Obama's.

Comment

This is from Michelle Obama's thesis...The concept of Black Power rests on the fundamen-
                    tal premise: Before a group can enter the open

As far as Van Jones goes..I can't find what I'm looking for cause Beck moved it on his website. It's basically an organization Van Jones belongs too and co-founded, and it's radical agenda's. I can't think of the name to save my life.

I wonder why???

PBS Nova

Comment

Originally posted by boytyperanma View Post
                      Well from that I'll take it you ignored my advice and didn't bother to read the thesis or you might know that that quote is Stokely Carmichael's not Michelle Obama's.

According to Beck's magic blackboard they are one in the same.

Comment

Originally posted by James P View Post
                        You bring up that Obama is a racist in almost every post. You sure know more about racism than I.

Your Storm Front talking points are getting a little stale for my taste.
                        The President of the United states gets more scrutiny that any other individual in this country. He's being scrutinized because of his own actions..NOT mine. I've did nothing of the sort in my life, and if I did I'm sure I wouldn't be in business let alone the President of the United states. This has nothing to do with Democrats versus Republicans, because I would say the same thing if John McCain sat and listen to David Duke for 20 years. I personally believe we shouldn't reward people with the highest office in this country for bad character...it sends the wrong message.

Your storm front talking points about George Bush is getting a little stale for my tastes as well...but yet you continue to play that record over and over and over.

Comment

Whoa! Almost wish I didn't start this thread.

Was just curious why everyone on the tube seemed so excited about 50 billion dollars in taxes.

J.C.

Comment

No I didn't ignore your advice...she used quoted words like I stated in her thesis, even if it was from someone else. I never said it was in her OWN words. (scroll back and look at what you quoted me on)

Comment

No I didn't ignore your advice...she used quoted words like I stated in her thesis, even if it was from someone else. I never said it was in her OWN words. (scroll back and look at what you quoted me on)
                              Do you have a point? Is her quoting a historic civil rights figure in a thesis about race is an issue for you?

Am I to conclude that Flux is a racist because he once wrote
                              The concept of Black Power rests on the fundamental premise: Before a group can enter the open society, it must close ranks.
                              ?

Comment

Do you have a point? Is her quoting a historic civil rights figure in a thesis about race is an issue for you?

Am I to conclude that Flux is a racist because he once wrote ?
                                Michelle could of wrote a thesis on anything her little heart desired, and she chose race, which is a lightening bolt of a subject. One is left to draw their own conclusions because not everyone views it the same as the other.

I'm not a bashful person...If I was a racist, I would just flat out tell you I was. I don't need to mince words or beat around the bush on any subject.

But..we shall see in 55 days(?) on how the country feels, when they speak at the voting booth.

I'm done with this thread before people conclude we are arguing and fighting. It was fun to debate you and everyone else. Probably the most civil Political debate I've ever seen online.

Comment

Working...
                                X