Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Burning Holy Books

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
    I If he was a racist, his cabinet would be filled with blacks.
    What? Come on, that is nothing but opinion. Obama is a huge racist and his wife is even more so plus they hate their country!

Comment

Originally posted by Abbott View Post
      What? Come on, that is nothing but opinion. Obama is a huge racist and his wife is even more so plus they hate their country!
      Let the trolling begin!

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
        Let the trolling begin!
        That's nothing but you trolling Frank! If you continue to spew that I will cheerfully add you to my ignore list.

Comment

That's nothing but you trolling Frank! If you continue to spew that I will cheerfully add you to my ignore list.
          Is that a threat or a favor?

Comment

Boy, if that post was one of your usual personal attacks, their is no need to bother any longer as I added you to ignore this morning. If not, feel free to carry on

Comment

The anti-Muslim leader of a tiny Florida church says he was lied to and is rethinking his decision to cancel burning Korans to mark 9/11.

Pastor Terry Jones earlier Thursday had backed off his threat to burn the Koran after he said he was promised that a planned Islamic center and mosque would be moved away from New York's ground zero. Muslim leaders denied there was such a deal.

Later outside his church he said that the imam he thought he made the deal with "clearly, clearly lied to us" about moving the mosque.

Imam Muhammad Musri said that what he offered was a meeting among Jones, Rauf and himself to talk about the mosque location. Musri said he told Jones that he does not believe the mosque should be there and would do everything in his power to make sure it is moved.

Later outside his church Rev. Jones said that the imam he thought he made the deal with "clearly, clearly lied to us" about moving the mosque.

Jones' plans to burn Islam's holiest text on the ninth anniversary of the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks sparked an international outcry.
              It looks like the burning may be back on schedule.

Comment

Please add me to your ignore list also
                sigpic

Comment

And THAT, isn't an opinion? Personally, such statements are highly opinionated and I see nothing that substantiates that, in any way.

Perhaps, your ignore list needs to grow a bit larger.

CWS

Comment

I disagree. I think that there is plenty of evidence to support my statement that is just a Google away.

Comment

A hundred people spouting unjustifiable nonsense does not constitute evidence.

The man is half white. Does the black part of him hate the white part? Does he hate his white relatives?

At most, one could argue that he is sensitive to the needs of the black community. Why shouldn't he be? They helped elect him, and he is is part black.

I am not an Obama supporter. But claiming he is racist, terrorist or hates the US is absurd. There are plenty of real issues to disagree with him on.

Comment

What's absurd is that someone would sit there and listen to "hate" speech for 20 years, and surround himself around all types of shady characters.

This is an Informative article that let's one form their own opinion. There are many different articles about this, so I just chose one. It almost makes me want to go out and buy Obama's book, just so I can understand the entire picture.

http://www.westernjournalism.com/exc...closet-racist/

Back to the topic at hand...burning Holy books is a form of "hate" speech towards one's faith. There is absolutely no reason in the world to partake in something like that..but people do. As much as we are against it, he's allowed to exercise his 1st amendment rights. Just like Rev. Wright was allowed to partake in his hate speech sermons. Personally, I believe he's putting our Soldiers and innocent people in danger, if he goes through with burning the Koran. Wars are started over religion, and I think it's the most ridiculous reason to kill someone over.

Lastly, some of you people are not respecting a different opinion other then yours. We will never agree on everything 100%, and we all view multiple issues in a different light. How can this country possibly move forward, if we can't love and respect one another as human beings first before we look at the color of their skin.

Nobody here is a bad person because they have a different opinion then someone else.

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post
                          What's absurd is that someone would sit there and listen to "hate" speech for 20 years, and surround himself around all types of shady characters.

This is an Informative article that let's one form their own opinion. There are many different articles about this, so I just chose one. It almost makes me want to go out and buy Obama's book, just so I can understand the entire picture.

http://www.westernjournalism.com/exc...closet-racist/

Back to the topic at hand...burning Holy books is a form of "hate" speech towards one's faith. There is absolutely no reason in the world to partake in something like that..but people do. As much as we are against it, he's allowed to exercise his 1st amendment rights. Just like Rev. Wright was allowed to partake in his hate speech sermons. Personally, I believe he's putting our Soldiers and innocent people in danger, if he goes through with burning the Koran. Wars are started over religion, and I think it's the most ridiculous reason to kill someone over.

Lastly, some of you people are not respecting a different opinion other then yours. We will never agree on everything 100%, and we all view multiple issues in a different light. How can this country possibly move forward, if we can't love and respect one another as human beings first before we look at the color of their skin.

Nobody here is a bad person because they have a different opinion then someone else.
                          Flux, you and I don't agree on some things but we don't go out of our way to say stupid and inflammatory things. Abbot seems to be a breath away from using the "N" word and sounds like a trouble making troll. I don't think I'm wrong and it's not because he and I have a difference of opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                            Flux, you and I don't agree on some things but we don't go out of our way to say stupid and inflammatory things. Abbot seems to be a breath away from using the "N" word and sounds like a trouble making troll. I don't think I'm wrong and it's not because he and I have a difference of opinion.
                            You don't have to answer to me..I was just saying..ya know?

I love a good debate as anyone, and I love to throw some left's and right's in that debate...but I would hate to see it get so ugly, in where it would ruin this website.

I've had to push myself away from the keyboard plenty of times in my life, so I wouldn't let my anger get the best of me. Down inside..we all have the "key board" warrior gene whether we want to admit it or not.

The bottom line is..I just want to see us all get a long and act like adults. I can be a silly a$$ sometimes, but I RESPECT everyone's view point here, whether I agree with it or not.

Anyways..I thought of something really good about the topic of this thread. If burning a cross is considered a hate crime...why wouldn't burning the Koran be a hate crime as well?

I'm out...I need a beer after this long week. I hope everyone enjoys their weekend.

Go Irish...beat Michigan!

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post
                              Anyways..I thought of something really good about the topic of this thread. If burning a cross is considered a hate crime...why wouldn't burning the Koran be a hate crime as well?
                              Simply burning a cross is not a hate crime....

Comment

Remember.

Some activities can be the beginning foundation for things you never think can happen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4_j4c7Bop0

J.C.

Comment

Working...
                                X