Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Burning Holy Books

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
    Flux, you and I don't agree on some things but we don't go out of our way to say stupid and inflammatory things. Abbot seems to be a breath away from using the "N" word and sounds like a trouble making troll. I don't think I'm wrong and it's not because he and I have a difference of opinion.
    Now I get it, you have called me a troll for what you think "I might say". And you believe that the things that I post that you disagree with are "stupid and inflammatory". While all the while I am just posting a different point of view then yours without calling your opinion stupid or inflammatory and without a thought geared towards "what you may post". I think that there may be a troll here and that it isn't me.

Comment

The ink in the print will be poisonous when burned. The local fire department should hose him down 'til his skin peels off.

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
        The ink in the print will be poisonous when burned. The local fire department should hose him down 'til his skin peels off.
        Sooo...it's NOT a good idea to make smores' then?

Comment

Originally posted by Abbott View Post
          Now I get it, you have called me a troll for what you think "I might say". And you believe that the things that I post that you disagree with are "stupid and inflammatory". While all the while I am just posting a different point of view then yours without calling your opinion stupid or inflammatory and without a thought geared towards "what you may post". I think that there may be a troll here and that it isn't me.
          Block me and don't read my posts, I'll do the same and let the rest of the Forum judge your behavior. I do think you are a troll and very disrespectful person. I still remember your comments on iran. I'm not sure what you are up to but I have the feeling you may be the ghost of some past problem here. Hope I'm wrong, and hope you wake up the the difference between posting opposing thoughts and troll comments.

Comment

Look Frank, I don't come here to argue with you. I also am not some past person that you didn't like. I don't care if you like my comment about Iran or not, I stick by it. You may now stop attacking me for posting something that you disagree with. I don't mind if you add me to your block list as you appear to be unable or unwilling to not use personal attacks when addressing someone with a differing point of view.

I am not up to anything (that is a pretty silly comment).

Regards,

Nick Abbott
            Last edited by Abbott; 09-10-2010, 09:08 PM.

Comment

Cant we all just get along
              Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
              http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
              http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Originally posted by HVAC HAWK View Post
                Cant we all just get along
                Maybe it's just a personal hang up I can't get over but I find it particularly difficult to get along with anyone that advocates killing me, my friends or my family.

Comment

I am getting tired of bullies.

If you do anything to offend a Muslim anywhere, you are threatened with Fatwahs, terrorist attacks, more mayhem, "or worse" (that ominous unknown). Meanwhile, they feel free to offend everybody else, every other religion, and every other culture.

Reminds me of my school days. Bullies ruled until someone gave them the same they dished out or put them in their place. All turning the other cheek did was got you more a$$-whoopings when the bully decided to show off to his friends, because he knew you were an easy target.

Enough. When someone is not willing to compromise at all, then it is time to draw a line. Got my nose broke a couple times in school, but didn't have to worry about being that "easy target" after I started giving back the abuse I got.

If there really are "peaceful" Muslims who do not believe Sharia law should be part of government, and are willing to live in harmony with the rest of the world, it is now time for them to stand up and reign in their "radical" brethren. Otherwise, I doubt they exist, because all I hear are empty words and see no action on their part.

JMTCW

Go
                  Practicing at practical wood working

Comment

Attorney General Eric Holder called it "idiotic" and "dangerous." Secretary of State Hillary Clinton says it is "disrespectful." A State Department spokesman called it "un-American." President Obama weighed in that "this is a destructive act."

The Obama administration is roundly denouncing plans to burn copies of the Quran. Christian leaders rightly condemn it as "appalling" and "disgusting" and say it "violates both our Christian and American identities."

So why the silence when Bibles were burned?

In 2009, a church in the U.S. saved and held fundraisers to afford the cost of buying and shipping Bibles in the Pashto and Dari language to an American sergeant in Afghanistan.

The Bibles were confiscated by military personnel, thrown away, and burned. Troops in war zones are required to "burn their trash," reported a Defense Department spokesman.

Central Command General Order No. 1 forbids "proselytizing of any faith, religion, or practice." It is strongly enforced in predominantly Muslim areas out of fear that distributing religious material will be seen as an attempt by the U.S. to proselytize local people.

Military officials chose to burn the Bibles rather than send them back to the church, fearing the church would send them to another organization in Afghanistan.

Yet rather than express their concern and allow the church to find other uses for the Bibles, such as sending them to people outside of Afghanistan, officials destroyed the Bibles.

Here's a burning question with an obvious answer: Would they have done that to Qurans?

No administration official condemned the burning of Bibles.

Because people know that Christians will not respond violently even though a very few on the fringe like to pretend that they fear Christians as much as they do Muslims. If Islam is truly a religion of peace then I think they should follow the Christians example instead of issuing threats of world wide violence and murderous reprisals.

Last edited by Abbott; 09-10-2010, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gofor View Post
                      If there really are "peaceful" Muslims who do not believe Sharia law should be part of government, and are willing to live in harmony with the rest of the world, it is now time for them to stand up and reign in their "radical" brethren. Otherwise, I doubt they exist, because all I hear are empty words and see no action on their part
                      If you don't see them you are wearing blinders.

Every day their are practicing Muslims fighting against their 'radical brethren' There are over 15000 Muslims in the US armed forces. Do their efforts not count?

When we went to war if Iraq and Afghanistan were you under the impression the people of those countries who cheered our troops were of some other religion?

The so called 'radical' Imam who is responsible for the park51 mosque who for many years has gone to foreign countries and advocated peace and diversity of faith on behalf of the US government, are his efforts not enough?

What exactly do you expect?

Comment

Christianity a religion of peace

The crusades
                        The Spanish inquisition

Religion often becomes the justification for unspeakable acts against innocent people.
                        sigpic

Comment

The only part of the burning Koran story that is newsworthy is how it illustrates the Neville Chamberlain appeasement policy on the part of our current leadership. To me it is nothing more then a propagation of the American Left blaming us for the 9/11 attacks. Now we have a president who spent 20 years in a Chicago church led by a pastor who was running down our very own nation (The Obamas hate their own country) and palling around with folks of Islam while claiming to be a Christian. Our society allows that and it allows the pastor Terry Jones to burn a Koran if he chooses to do so.

Last edited by Abbott; 09-10-2010, 10:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                            Christianity a religion of peace

The crusades
                            The Spanish inquisition

Religion often becomes the justification for unspeakable acts against innocent people.
                            You can't Torquemada out of anything!

The Inquistion, what a show
                            The Inquistion, here we go
                            We know you're wishing
                            That we'd go away
                            But the Inquistion's here and it's here to stay
                            The Inquistion, oh boy
                            The Inquistion, what a joy
                            The Inquistion, oy oy

How we doing? Any converts today?
                            Not a one, nay, nay, nay
                            We've flattened their fingers
                            We branded their buns
                            Nothing is working
                            Send in the nuns!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oppHeMlaLVM
                            Last edited by Abbott; 09-10-2010, 10:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X