Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Health Insurance?

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
    Always thought COBRA was not a good value and a person is better off to seek individual coverage as quickly as possible. No?

J.C.
    COBRA is just a continuation of what I had through Emerson at the time I retired. So coverage is as good or bad as what the rest of the employees have. Costwise, it is comparable with what else I found similar on Esurance.

I plan to look closely and determine what I'll do before COBRA runs out, before I get into a situation where I have to get something "right now". And I can leave COBRA at any time if I find something better.

For a lazy guy, it was the easiest thing to do for now.
    Steve
    www.MorrisGarage.com

Comment

I have the V.A. for all my medical needs. Don't pay a dime out of pocket,
      but was pre-paid in blood 40 yrs. ago. Had a laparoscopic cholecystectomy
      (look it up) back in May. Didn't cost a cent. The care is 100% professional
      and some of the best I've ever had. I do pay $8.00 a month for my meds
      that aren't for service connected conditions.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Jim View Post
        I have the V.A. for all my medical needs. Don't pay a dime out of pocket,
        but was pre-paid in blood 40 yrs. ago. Had a laparoscopic cholecystectomy
        (look it up) back in May. Didn't cost a cent. The care is 100% professional
        and some of the best I've ever had. I do pay $8.00 a month for my meds
        that aren't for service connected conditions.
        I often wonder if it is worth paying for both V.A. coverage as well as Tricare, if such a thing is possible.

Comment

The two main things that govern the cost of VA care are service connected
          disabilities and income. Based on your income, VA care may cost you little or
          nothing. As for disabilities, some of the restrictions on qualification have been
          relaxed. The VA is even actively searching service records for those that
          may qualify. It would be worth it to check into it.

Comment

Working...
          X