X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tea Party News

With the good, bad, or in-between....I have to say I like when the "normal" status quo is shaken up a bit.

ABC News’ Devin Dwyer reports: Christine O’Donnell, the Sarah Palin and Tea Party backed candidate, dealt a stunning blow to the Republican establishment Tuesday night, defeating the moderate, party-favorite veteran Rep. Mike Castle in the Delaware GOP senate primary.

With 99 percent of precincts reporting as of 9:21 pm, O’Donnell had 53.2 percent of the vote to Castle’s 46.8 percent. AP projected O’Donnell the winner.

Castle’s impending loss immediately casts doubt on GOP chances of winning the senate seat, which had been held by Democrat Joe Biden for 36 years, and could close the door on a Republican effort to gain control of the Senate in November.

Unlike Alaska, where conservative lawyer Joe Miller shocked Republicans by defeating sitting Sen. Lisa Murkowski in last month's primary, Delaware is a heavily Democratic state and recent polls have shown O’Donnell would face a much more difficult race against Democrat Chris Coons than would Castle.

The question now is whether the Republican establishment, which has spent weeks trashing O’Donnell, will go to bat for her in the race against Coons and whether the intraparty attacks will hurt her candidacy in the general election.

J.C.

Re: Tea Party News

Her being the best candidate the GOP could nominate, I weep for my country. The GOP has people stinking up their house. It's about time they stopped letting their fringe dominate their party and put forward some real intellectual leadership if there is any left.

The anti-masturbation, anti-education candidate brought to you by the GOP. Yeah good luck with that.

Comment

Interesting, how palin scares the Gay little lib boys
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

In NY, Rick Lazio; the candidate blessed by Republican leadership was beaten by Carl Palladino, a businessman from Buffalo 63.3% to 36.7%.

Comment

Originally posted by cpw View Post
          In NY, Rick Lazio; the candidate blessed by Republican leadership was beaten by Carl Palladino, a businessman from Buffalo 63.3% to 36.7%.
          Racist humor and bestiality must be popular with the base.

Comment

The fringe has never driven the republican party any more than the fringe has driven the democrats. the vast majority of candidates on either side are pretty much middle of the road moderates. The biggest problem for the republicans is how they are going to deal with the sweeping victories. The constituency will be looking for instant results and that will still be hard to accomplish. I don't see see any truely viable plans to address the economy, joblessness, illegal immigrants or health care. They have their work cut out for them.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
              The fringe has never driven the republican party any more than the fringe has driven the democrats. the vast majority of candidates on either side are pretty much middle of the road moderates. The biggest problem for the republicans is how they are going to deal with the sweeping victories. The constituency will be looking for instant results and that will still be hard to accomplish. I don't see see any truely viable plans to address the economy, joblessness, illegal immigrants or health care. They have their work cut out for them.
              Good observations, NHM. I don't expect instant results, didn't expect it from Obama. I do think it is reasonable to see some efforts and results in the areas you mentioned, even if slight. The border remains unsecured for political reasons, so if the government wants to secure it that is an achievable goal. Bringing manufacturing and jobs back the the USA will be a complicated job, but if the republicans are not in the pocket of corporate and global leaders that too is possible. I fear that both the democrats and republicans not only don't have plans to accomplish these things, they are also powerless to do so. We are doomed!

Comment

Everything I see and read about the tea party suggests that they want to do away with the Departments of Education, Energy, Interior the IRS and other government agencies.

This would create huge amounts of unemployed government employees unless they were absorbed by other government agencies.

Wouldn't it be better to streamline these agencies and eliminate the low performers, especially the excess and disfunctional under secretaries and managers.

To save taxpayer money wouldn't it be better to change the rules of congress to eliminate ALL earmarks. If a project is needed in a certain congressional district, it should be able to stand on its own merit.

Here in Florida we recently passed a law that prevents a lobbyist from giving even a cop of coffee to a legislator while the legislature is in session. Wouldn't this be great at the Federal Level.

From what I see, the tea partiers , a grass roots organization with no central leadership (their description), even though well intensioned, do not have a plan should they win election to congress. They should come up with a platform, or some organized plan of some sort so the voter can see what they are all about rather than run strictly negative campaigns.

Comment

All I know is that I have hope with the coming election that there may be some change as Obama is sinking us all.
                  Last edited by Abbott; 09-15-2010, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Can't wait for this nations largest turkey shoot , NOV.2
                    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Personally, I think there's a lot of grievance without understanding understanding or justification. The "tea paryer's" do have some valid points but an awful lot of it seems to be way over the top too. It's like everybody's got a gripe, but very few have any comprehension of the problem, and even fewer have a clue as to a solution.

The whole idea of the "tea party" is a bit scary in a way, not in the ideas or in need, but simply in the fact that it has a tendency to divide and fracture what could be a majority of choice.

The United States is a democracy that works fairly well, because of it's two-party system. By working within a particular party one moves it in the direction of the majority of that party; and if that party in itself is the majority of the country, then it is the majority that takes power. Hence "Democracy" in action.

But when we see a party divide itself, much as the Tea Party is doing, then there's a good chance that it will not win and in extreme case, it is the minority that will win and rule.

As a registered Republican, I can see a lot of disentegration and lack of both leadership and direction (the results of the "great divider", IMHO). But as a person who happens to think the present administration is doing okay, in spite of the Republican blockade... this "Tea Party thing" is sort of funny as a couple of the radicals it's chosen so far are so far over the top that I think they'll never get enough votes from "people of sanity" to win.

We shall see of course... but if we become a 3-party nation, then we will surely see further division in future years as people will see how easy it is to form thier own factions. Democracies can fail and one of the great fears of our forefathers was that this country would divide itself to the extent that we would fail as a nation.

We cannot be all things to all people. But we, as a people also need to take control of our politics and change it from within and therefore drive our political leadership back to meet the needs of the people and the good of the country as a whole.

CWS

Comment

Originally posted by CWSmith View Post
                        Personally, I think there's a lot of grievance without understanding understanding or justification. The "tea paryer's" do have some valid points but an awful lot of it seems to be way over the top too. It's like everybody's got a gripe, but very few have any comprehension of the problem, and even fewer have a clue as to a solution.

The whole idea of the "tea party" is a bit scary in a way, not in the ideas or in need, but simply in the fact that it has a tendency to divide and fracture what could be a majority of choice.

The United States is a democracy that works fairly well, because of it's two-party system. By working within a particular party one moves it in the direction of the majority of that party; and if that party in itself is the majority of the country, then it is the majority that takes power. Hence "Democracy" in action.

But when we see a party divide itself, much as the Tea Party is doing, then there's a good chance that it will not win and in extreme case, it is the minority that will win and rule.

As a registered Republican, I can see a lot of disentegration and lack of both leadership and direction (the results of the "great divider", IMHO). But as a person who happens to think the present administration is doing okay, in spite of the Republican blockade... this "Tea Party thing" is sort of funny as a couple of the radicals it's chosen so far are so far over the top that I think they'll never get enough votes from "people of sanity" to win.

We shall see of course... but if we become a 3-party nation, then we will surely see further division in future years as people will see how easy it is to form thier own factions. Democracies can fail and one of the great fears of our forefathers was that this country would divide itself to the extent that we would fail as a nation.

We cannot be all things to all people. But we, as a people also need to take control of our politics and change it from within and therefore drive our political leadership back to meet the needs of the people and the good of the country as a whole.

CWS
                        CWS, I understand your post and it makes sense. I do however believe in what works as making more sense in the long run. Our country and political system has been a work in progress. The individual agenda's of the party in power has been played out for a while now at the expense of the country's greater good. Now we have close to the end result of selffish agenda driven politicas as opposed to country building politics!

I totally agree with your last paragraph, but can't imagine either the republicans or clearly the democrats fulfilling the needs of the people or the good of the country as a whole. I doubt the teaparty can be all things to all people either. Where does that leave our nation? When do our borders finally become secure, when do we know who is here illegally and address a resolve? When do we stop borrowing to run our government, wage wars we cannot fund ourselves? When do we manufacture what we consume and employ Americans, when do we force communist china and the rest of the world to play by the same rules? We don't have free or fair trade, and I think we are doomed if there is no concrete plan to fight fire with fire!

Recently I went to my daughter's open house at school to meet some of her teachers. She is a senior in H.S. Her social studies teacher said there was a town in PA where the ground water was so polluted by a local manufacturing plant that toxic fumes came out of the faucets. He said shouldn't the plant be closed? I alone raised my hand and spoke out. I said, NO! Buy up the homes and relocate the folks, double production. He then said if your friend jumps off the roof do you, in response? I didn't pursue the conversation, but we are at war with communist china and they are winning. They bring coal fired generators on line as we shut down productive plants. Sometimes you have to play dirty to survive!

If it is a matter of survival and you are using lures to catch fish to feed your starving family and your neighbor is using dynamite and cleaning out all the fish in the lake and fattening up his family..Guess who lives and who dies?

The two party system has failed us, it has not worked to our benefit as a nation. Tell me what will work? Do we have the time to hope and pray either the republicans or democrats reinvent themselves? God Help Us!

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                          CWS,

The two party system has failed us, it has not worked to our benefit as a nation. Tell me what will work? Do we have the time to hope and pray either the republicans or democrats reinvent themselves? God Help Us!
                          I read with delight that at least one of you understands that democracy is a fraud on the people and not just the American people we have had a gut full in Australia and now have hung parliament where the wink wink and nod nod that our elected members on both sides would just do what they wished and to hell with what the people had elected them in to do and ignored all the promises after the election as they treat the electrate with contempt after they are elected back in and they they know best.
                          Every true democracy needs a third party a spoiler to upset the apple cart and to keep them all honest as two is company three is a crowd.

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post

I totally agree with your last paragraph, but can't imagine either the republicans or clearly the democrats fulfilling the needs of the people or the good of the country as a whole.

Recently I went to my daughter's open house at school to meet some of her teachers. She is a senior in H.S. Her social studies teacher said there was a town in PA where the ground water was so polluted by a local manufacturing plant that toxic fumes came out of the faucets. He said shouldn't the plant be closed? I alone raised my hand and spoke out. I said, NO! Buy up the homes and relocate the folks, double production.
                            dies?
                            Fulfilling the "Majority" of America's needs now, is stopping the Obama agenda. Stopping the Obama agenda means voting Republican to take away his control in congress so he can't pass his far left liberal agenda's. The Dems are being strong armed and bribed to go along with what he wants. Now that the election is close they are running scared. Before Scott Brown was elected, how scary was that seeing this far left nut bag having a super majority? Neither party should have a "super majority", and the Dems are going to pay dearly in 33 days at the polls. This was NOT the hope and change people were looking for, but was filled with lies and smoke and mirrors.

Prediction - Republicans will take the house back, but fall short on taking the senate back.

Also..I live in Pa, and there is a factory near my house that is polluting the wells in my area. This factory has offered "full payment" to the homeowners that go on public water. I'm not sure if we are talking about the same factory here, but I agree with your philosophy and our factory's philosophy on this issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post
                              Fulfilling the "Majority" of America's needs now, is stopping the Obama agenda. Stopping the Obama agenda means voting Republican to take away his control in congress so he can't pass his far left liberal agenda's. The Dems are being strong armed and bribed to go along with what he wants. Now that the election is close they are running scared. Before Scott Brown was elected, how scary was that seeing this far left nut bag having a super majority? Neither party should have a "super majority", and the Dems are going to pay dearly in 33 days at the polls. This was NOT the hope and change people were looking for, but was filled with lies and smoke and mirrors.

Prediction - Republicans will take the house back, but fall short on taking the senate back.

Also..I live in Pa, and there is a factory near my house that is polluting the wells in my area. This factory has offered "full payment" to the homeowners that go on public water. I'm not sure if we are talking about the same factory here, but I agree with your philosophy and our factory's philosophy on this issue.
                              Thank you for not taking offense at my over the top ideas. I know we are taking about people's homes and lives, but we also are at war. We must consider extreme measures. I will vote republican in hopes they take back power and undo/stop the insanity of the dems. MY concerns are that they will not do enough to stay in power, hope I'm wrong because this back and forth is not benefitting our country. The clock is ticking!

Comment

Working...
                              X