X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1914 Boiler

I got to do some minor work on a 1914 coal fired boiler that had been converted to natural gas sometime long before I was born.

The Gas Conversion

The old coal shute

I even had a mascot to help

No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Re: 1914 Boiler

Nice pictures. I'd estimate that somewhere around 1/4 of our customers are still heating with very similar equipment. too bad it was converted to gas. It's much more interesting when they have a 1930's era NuWay or an old shell head oil burner in them. Three of our customers still have not only the 100 year old boiler but they are fired with Timkin rotary oil burners. Not too many of us around that can service on of them anymore.
    sigpic

Comment

the top of what I assumed was the gas valve has a toggle switch, one way for gas, the other for oil.
      No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

The Family talked me out of buying my Grandmothers three decker in Dot. It had three Esso oil converted (coal) mushroom steam boilers. I still think it was a mistake.
        Mike

Comment

Working...
        X