X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facebook Money

Excuse the ignorance if you will, but how or why does Facebook have financial value?

J.C.

Re: Facebook Money

advertising
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
      advertising
      I guessed that but either I'm ignorant to it or just don't see it. It would never enter my mind as it being a real revenue producer for any specific demographic that could be focused on.

Either for the large multinationals or for the little guy. I don't think of checking ads on the internet for purchases or services.

Thanks.

J.C.

Comment

it's more for repetition than direct sales.

if AT&T can have ad smear in front of your nose a certain number of times per day, be it internet ads, cable ads, magazines, billboards, radio commercials, you're much more likely to at least look at AT&T for your next phone.
        No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Originally posted by MoJourneyman View Post
          it's more for repetition than direct sales.

if AT&T can have ad smear in front of your nose a certain number of times per day, be it internet ads, cable ads, magazines, billboards, radio commercials, you're much more likely to at least look at AT&T for your next phone.
          Thanks. I guess a little subconscious never hurt. Just amazing to me these "companies" or people behind websites that don't really manufacture anything are so quickly funded by the established businesses that actually produce a product.

J.C.

Comment

It's the typical "placement" by the marketeers. Facebook probably gets as much "placement" before an audience of perceived buyers as television does; and where there's the perception of market, there's money to be spent.

Similarly, "You Tube" has become a great place for Ad revenue too. There was a news story this evening at the end of the 10:00 CNN broadcast about "You Tube Partners" and there's a growing number of so-called "stars" out there that are making a living, just by being a very popular post on YouTube.

For example, if you could put together a series of video posts on "plumbing" and all of us home owners starting looking you up to fix the our plugged drains or leaky faucets, and you started getting a million or so hits, You Tube would consider you a good "partner" and invite you to become a partner... and then they'd sell your video placements to the national plumbing suppiers, first aid folks, and the homeowner's insurance companys, as well as a few law firms. Part of all that advertising revenue would then be shared with you and you could just retire from plumbing and go into the video instruction business, with continued postings.

That's how some of these kids are making out, posting thier songs, hobbies, etc. You gain popularity, you make money!

God bless American capitalism and it's entrepreneurial spirit.

CWS

Comment

Working...
            X