X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid 700 adapted to winch

Got ridgid 700 today and it came with a aluminum tugger winch of some sorts. is a standard looking 700 except has a variable speed drive in place of trigger switch and a splined adaptor that drives the winch. Anyone have any info on this setup? the winch and adaptation was done by Cue's inc. of orlando Florida.

Re: Ridgid 700 adapted to winch

Sounds like a power drive adapter for tapping water mains????
    I don't do any threading but the splined adapter thing you mention and the variable speed sounds just like a power drive for a tapping machine.
    INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
    Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

DuRRRR I just looked up Cues inc. and of course it brought me right to cues camera systems. I can't find it on their site but I'm pretty sure I remember seeing a tapping/threading machine being used as a power drive option on one of their winches for a main line crawler.

You must have ordered this and the order got screwed up.
      INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
      Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

You know Frank, You don't need that bulky winch sittin' around the shop taking up space and just being a trip hazard.

I wouldn't just do this for anyone but since you and I go way back (what, 10 mins now) I'd be willing to let you send it right up here and get it out of your way

Welcome to the forum Frank!

Comment

Sounds like an electricians wire tugger to me.

Got a pic of it?

Comment

Thanks for giving the input Gene. Ive spent the past 3 hours researching and trying to find out what it is. And you are right! its for pipe rehab jobs. 18- 24 " type stuff. As for as taking up room ...... the 700 drive is going to be my back up as it still works great in the traditional sense. Tested it out on with the winch this afternoon. But might be willing to get this bulky drum/tugger assembly and adapter out of my already overly crowded shop .

Comment

www.cptequip.com/121.0.html?&L=3
              a pic of what I have . Found it on the net.

Comment

of course i have 1

it's for pulling from manhole to manhole. i think i posted a photo of mine a while back.

i think cuda has 1 too

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by Frank M View Post
                  Thanks for giving the input Gene. Ive spent the past 3 hours researching and trying to find out what it is. And you are right! its for pipe rehab jobs. 18- 24 " type stuff. As for as taking up room ...... the 700 drive is going to be my back up as it still works great in the traditional sense. Tested it out on with the winch this afternoon. But might be willing to get this bulky drum/tugger assembly and adapter out of my already overly crowded shop .
                  I'm not talking about the 700, I'm talking about the winch/tugger.
                  I have no need for it now but it's something I'd love to have for the future. If you want to make a deal PM me or insightpipe@aol.com .

On a side note:
                  I've never used the Ridgid700 but I have used Reed 700 for tapping mains.
                  From what I can see they are one in the same just a different color.

Comment

Working...
                  X