X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: cigarettes

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
    JC's post had me realize something.
    I had white knuckled the smoking thing for about three months.Took up Chewing tobacco for at least half a year,probably closer to a full one.Joey(Mrs.Seatdown) got tired of holding my spitoon so I had to drop that.I think you saw that one Alex.

I guess it was shortly after that I got on a big 7 day a week mountain bike thing out in the moutains,over did it and hurt my knees for what I thought might be a permanent thing.They just now are no longer a scare.

All habits can be overdone.
    Would an overdone habit be another way of saying a bad habit?

J.C.

Comment

Over 3 weeks now.

Done.

Belly gets bigger, begin aeroibic sillyness tomorrow (skis finally mounted.. by a ridiculously beautiful, radiently healthy young woman 20 years my junior who had no idea that I noticed her in any way other than as a salesperson, which (sigh) is as it should be I guess.).

Would rather smoke a damn cigarette. Too bad it's like eating a potato chip; I take more than a little pride in being a tough, crusty bastard. But I'm not tough enough to do (only) one or two a day.
      This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

I am the god of big white bellied skate skiing. I am a blancmange on skis.

A NICOTINE FREE blancmange, thank you very much.

As a godlike blancmange, possesed of near omipotent powers, or, at least, possesed of an omnipresent, omni-overspilling my cheap Dickies work pants white gut god, I choose to turn this into my personal 'I've given up' blog.

I bought pants to ski in. Kind of chic extra thin not-plastic-bottles-any-more fleece pants that I was pretty happy about given that I got them on sale for $15. I bought these because the Dickies fail, despite the good things they do for the butt and the subtle package enhancement AND cheap price, to let me move in an unhindered way.

I change from the Dickies to the fleecy things in the parking lot at the nordic center. I make a point of going in, wearing the Dickies, to sign in and ostentatiosly present my season pass befoe returning to the sewer van to change. I do this because the Ridiculously Beautiful and Radiently Healthy young Woman 20 Years My Junior at the counter (whom I will from now on refer top as the RBRHW20YMJ) might possibly, in my twisted mind, respond favoribly to either the subtly accented package on the way in, or the good things done for the butt on the way out... And certainly none of these things happen with the fleecy pants.

In fact, the fleecy pants accentuate the package far more than the Dickies ever would. I mean, the Dickies, despite their name, are downright demure compared to these fleece sluts. This confused me for a little while, bit I think I have it figured out. I bought girls' pants. They are labled 'unisex', which ought to have told me, but they are for girls. Ultra low rise, seam right thru the bottom means the junk has to pick a side, DANG, my thighs would be sexy if they were a girl's... the flared leg at the bottom is the final nail in the coffin... they look like those pants the yoga girls wear.

I bought yoga girl's pants to ski in. No wonder my stuff is like... displayed; these pants were made to make a big butt and tight vjj nestled between swelling thighs look enticing. My non-existant butt, bulging gut and pendulous middle aged man's junk are hitting this fabric in a sick and wrong manner.

What, I mean... just exactly what is poor RBRHW20YMYJ supposed to make of this? Fat old guy tries to ski in girl's pants... somehow I doubt this is even vaguely sexy given all the daddy issues in the world.

Anyway.

Something like 6 weeks nic free other than 2 bummed cheater cigs (yes, I bummed another one and cheated again... it was dumb and hardly the joy I'd hoped for).

I had a clinic today, which turned into a free private as no-one else showed up. NO-ONE learns V2 on thier first leson. NO-ONE. I am the middle aged pendulous junk ovehanging gut GOD of skate skiing. RBRHW20YMJ cannot fail to notice this.
        This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

pics....

Well, I cannot think for the life of me that you want photo proof of either pendulous junk or overspilling gut...

we've all seen that too many time before.

I'm taking this as incentive to enlighten RBRHW20YMJ as to her importance in my life and ask her for permission to take and post a photo.

I hope it will be funny and not too creepy for her. She'll just have to deal regardless; I'm on it .

Comment

My wife smoked two packs a day for 25 years. Started smoking when she was 12. A year and a half ago she finally decided that smoking was running her life so she got a prescription for chantix. It's pretty expensive stuff, but, it is really only slightly more expensive than cigarettes are. she has been smoke free now for a year and a half.
              sigpic

Comment

Does she still use the chantix or is that just for a certain length of time?
                Frequently asked questions about pumps and tanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Sewer View Post
                  pics....

I'm taking this as incentive to enlighten RBRHW20YMJ as to her importance in my life and ask her for permission to take and post a photo.

I hope it will be funny and not too creepy for her. She'll just have to deal regardless; I'm on it .

Comment

Originally posted by speedbump View Post
                    Does she still use the chantix or is that just for a certain length of time?
                    Nope, IIRC she was on it for a little over 6 months.
                    sigpic

Comment

Nope, IIRC she was on it for a little over 6 months.
                      Well, it must work, since she's still off them.

I quit cold Turkey 20 some years ago, but set a date in advance that I was going to do it, and that worked for me. Never did like gum.

Comment

I 'quit' twice before using the patch. Got down to the little tiny patches, then they ran out, then the first even a tiny bit stressful thing came up and I was like a damn hoover machine lookng for something to suck on.

Dunno re Chantix, but the patch, for me at least, was all about getting past the physical adiction. The physical nic addiction wasn't $hit. That is ancient history for me, but I still have a moment (or 3) EVERY DAY where a cig would just fit so so very very nice.

Here is what is different for me this time: I'm not smoking anymore. It's a sad thing to say, because I truly enjoy a nice butt. But I'm just done with that. When a craving comes by, I just sigh sadly and move on to whatever is next. I don't play around with how nice it would be to indulge an how much I miss it. Because I decided. And I don't smoke anymore. And to dwell on it is nothing but increased pain.

To me, THAT is the key distinction. Nothing to do with what method you use. The DECISION is the key. Because in any methodology, at some point, you come to where you are on your own. And if you have not made up your mind, then you'll cave then and there.

Comment

I know I am a smartarse but if you really want to give up smoking you will. The critical point is though you have to REALLY WANT TO give up or it is a waste of time. Why fund they pharmaceutical companies with the patches and stuff.......!!!

Comment

To me, THAT is the key distinction. Nothing to do with what method you use. The DECISION is the key.
                            I agree too. If you really want too, you will. But if you quit because someone else wants you to, forget it. It won't happen. It has to be all you; and you have to really want to quit.

Comment

Gotta speak up... it's about two months now, and about $400 I didn't spend on cigs. Which means it'll pay for Mexico trip #1 before spring. Mexico trip #2 is still on me though.

Comment

Great Job Alex! Sounds like its sticking this time.

Comment

Working...
                                X