X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Best?

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
    considering other plumbers and contractors use me to bail them out
    i would say certainly at my specialties.

if i would put together a dream team, with all the contacts i have worked besides, we would be unstoppable.

rick.
    be nice Rick ,am i on your dream team
    Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
    http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
    http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

in the company i work for i am the best at what i do ,there is no other co worker that can do piping as fastest and looks the best .
      Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
      http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
      http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

the best is some thing that few can obtain, there are a lot very good craftsman, athletes and professionals,

I can do a lot of things, I have done most things from concrete to custom cabinets, do a lot of welding and metal work, we do our own butchering and farming, and I can do most of the them very good, and some better than most, but all it takes is to get on a board like this, or pick up a professional magazine, and usually one soon sees, that there are other that can do very well also,

but I have build some very nice custom cabinets, and there exceptional for our area, but all it take is to open up fine wood working magazine and see work that is ever bit as good or better,

here is a violin I made for my daughter, it turned out good, and sounds good, but to think that I am even a good Luther would be nuts, (if I devoted my focus to that may be I could be a excellent Luther in time),

a while back I saw a link http://www.finewoodworking.com/Audio...lideshow=31688
        (turn on your speakers if you click on the link, the slide show is narrated)

I see the skill this gentleman has and the patience he must have, and the steadiness,
        I build some doll house furniture for my Daughter when she was younger, it was junk in any comparison, but still was not bad doll house furniture,
        just take an athlete, and the Olympics, very few have the ability to win in an event for multiple years,

I run the sound room at church as well, and I have two high school kids that usually help me either running the computer or the television setup, and I usually run the sound board and over see the other, but I find it amazing on how fast the kids can pick up some thing and many times surpass one in skill, (when I was there age I could do that as well), but now I know I am slowing down in some skills and speed of processing, (not that most see it but I know it),

I think to be best one has to naturally gifted in that area, and then one needs to put there heart and mind and efforts to improve, to beyond good, and they in time may be best,

I have to many interests and things going onto focus on one area or item, or one skill, and personally I like my eclectic life, animals, farming, many aspects of wood working, cabinet work, some plumbing, and electrical, concrete, masonry, stucco and plastering, drywall, roofing, tire repair, butchering and meat cutting, been an EMT, ran a wast and water treatment plant, and many other other things, have a small machine shop and have built many a machine as well, some wood working and some farming, not that long ago I built a feed mill, and repair things and make parts all the time.

here is the feed mill I built of my own designe, since the picture there has been a belt guard and the proper electric switch has been put on. and the stand painted.

no I do not think this is the best feed mill or the best craftsmanship, but it is a good unit and works well, and does what I need it to do.
        Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
        attributed to Samuel Johnson
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Originally posted by HVAC HAWK View Post
          in the company i work for i am the best at what i do ,there is no other co worker that can do piping as fastest and looks the best .
          I saw your work pictures a few weeks ago, and I think you do very nice work.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
            Give yourself a higher rating and more credit for a job well done. Heck, if I have a serviceman working in my home and he doesn't break or steal anything, hurt my family and actually repair the problem, I feel he did a great job!
            You need to move to Holland Mi. Frank we have awesome tradesmen around here. I know a heap of them and I would throw them the keys to my house and tell them to fix what needs fixing and the job would be done well and everything would be where I left it. It is a good area.
            Last edited by saysflushable; 10-28-2010, 09:05 PM.

Comment

Notice he left out "never leaks", but who cares as long as it was done fast and looks nice!

I keed! I keed!

For me, (Without exaggeration) No one, and I mean no, one can screw up a job quite like I can with such minimal effort. I will never mess up an outlet, nor switch, but with a single question, I can rattle every single person on the job, from the customer, to the GC, to my employer and coworkers for half a day. Screw electrical, I should go into engineering with that natural gift.

My employer offered a customised Tee shirt with "That Guy" emblazened in the back.

Comment

be nice Rick ,am i on your dream team
                sort of charlie

at night time i dream of you

you would be my go to hvac guy

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                  Are you one of the best at what you do?

J.C.

Hands down YES !!!

I am , Thanks for asking.

What about you?

Comment

Originally posted by PlumbingSkool View Post
                    Hands down YES !!!

I am , Thanks for asking.

What about you?
                    The quick answer....yes.

Always looking to improve the product & the process. Why I'm here.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                      The quick answer....yes.

Always looking to improve the product & the process. Why I'm here.

J.C.
                      I can see that.And am relieved to hear you say it

Comment

Working...
                      X