Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

How To Post Images

Want to know the how to upload images to your posts? Image Posting Tutorial
See more
See less

On November 2nd, Vote NO on any School Levy

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • On November 2nd, Vote NO on any School Levy

    And here is your NUMBER ONE reason why:


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdqQTIQhn5A



    Damage is already done. There are more of these "types" as they are all part of the same.


    I find this more than pathetic.

    This video is gaining momentum over the internet and it will be the crushing blow come November 2nd, 2010.


    Thank you to the fellow who was smart enough to expose just a small glimpse into the racketeering of gross abuse of taxpayer funded schools...the same schools who pathetically keep building monster buildings,

    have cozy back door relationships with texas instruments to force poor families to buy $200 calculators for one class,

    and can't even supply a #2 pencil as part of their formal education, because it is beneath them to provide the necessary products for learning.

    Time to watch your ship sink as this exposure has been coming for quite a long time.


    Are teacher's overpaid? Sure looking that way and they gloat, in their secure government jobs.

    Many will not think highly of a teacher after this reaches all the major networks this weekend in regards to how pathetic those become.

    And the excuses will be right there, again for all to think the video doesn't hide anything, but expose the truth.


    Try staying on topic for once, you know exactly who I'm referring to.
    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

  • #2
    Re: On November 2nd, Vote NO on any School Levy

    My being a Union man aside, Govenor Christie of NJ is getting the job done. He is simply refusing to further burden the taxpayers with bills they cannot afford. He has taken on the teacher's Union and respectfully but firmly held them accountable. Today he killed a multi billion dollar construction project because it would be paid for on the backs of taxpayers.

    I have heard some of this video may be suspect, I don't know? I am sure the teachers in NJ are not pleased to have their kingdom shaken. I think Unions do a lot of good, but protecting bums does no one but the bum any good. We can't afford to have poor teachers being paid to teach lousy students. We need capable teachers and attentive students.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: On November 2nd, Vote NO on any School Levy

      Dunbar, I have just one question and one comment.Q..Have you ever been to a contractors conference? C..If you believe all you see and hear on You Tube, I have a bridge to sell you.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: On November 2nd, Vote NO on any School Levy

        Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
        My being a Union man aside, Govenor Christie of NJ is getting the job done. He is simply refusing to further burden the taxpayers with bills they cannot afford. He has taken on the teacher's Union and respectfully but firmly held them accountable. Today he killed a multi billion dollar construction project because it would be paid for on the backs of taxpayers.

        I have heard some of this video may be suspect, I don't know? I am sure the teachers in NJ are not pleased to have their kingdom shaken. I think Unions do a lot of good, but protecting bums does no one but the bum any good. We can't afford to have poor teachers being paid to teach lousy students. We need capable teachers and attentive students.
        I'm pretty much against Unions (don't want to have that debate), but I like what Christie has done so far. If the Teachers don't like what's going on, or their current deal..they can simply go find another job that will appease them, like the rest of the world does.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: On November 2nd, Vote NO on any School Levy

          Originally posted by Flux View Post
          I'm pretty much against Unions (don't want to have that debate), but I like what Christie has done so far. If the Teachers don't like what's going on, or their current deal..they can simply go find another job that will appease them, like the rest of the world does.
          I don't want to debate "Unions" either, but I do think these are desperate times. Folks in government, management, labor (Unions), need to pull together for the greater good. Now is not the time to have tunnel vision and be selfish. I am close to social security age, but if the money is not there and the age needs to be raised then it must be done! Many cities are in serious financial trouble because pension benefits are too great. Retired folks are living much longer than in the past and some of the pension agreements allowed folks to retire on what would be full pay.

          I want to see war efforts to keep the world safe, money allocated for education, our countrie's infrastructure improved, "But", if these things cannot be paid for without further debt and higher tax burdens then they must be reexamined.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: On November 2nd, Vote NO on any School Levy

            It's for the children!
            It's for the police and firemen!
            If we don't approve this NEW tax they won't be paid and we will
            lose them and their service!

            BULL!!!!!

            Every election they tell us that! Every election we have
            budget overrides!!! Every time the stupids go "AW" and vote in
            the overrides! The money is never spent where they claim it will go.

            How about eliminating the unnecessary spending and have state employees buy and use their own vehicles to go to and from work!

            Today we have the marvels of the computer, big screen TV and something called go to meeting being advertised on TV and the internet.... you have video computer live meetings and minimal
            expense...no travel, no hotel, no time lost, no perdiem...
            That should save enough money to purchase those oh so expensive
            number two pencils!


            Why is it I have to pay my bills, stay within my budget and can't simply send my creditors an override request and then neglect paying them...or maybe simply send them an IOU????

            I understand costs are increasing but so is unnecessary spending and tons of fluff!

            Cactus Man

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: On November 2nd, Vote NO on any School Levy

              Originally posted by Pipestone Kid View Post
              Dunbar, I have just one question and one comment.Q..Have you ever been to a contractors conference? C..If you believe all you see and hear on You Tube, I have a bridge to sell you.


              Keep your bridge: Those in that video are real, have real jobs, are teachers that belong to a union,


              and they have just popped the lid to an inside view of just a glimpse of where the money flows.


              Isn't california home to like a 34 million dollar school...the biggest one ever?


              Are they spitting out kids like Stephen Hawkings minus the wheelchair?


              No.


              Come up with a better rebuttal when you're trying to challenge my thinking or my posts.
              Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: On November 2nd, Vote NO on any School Levy

                Originally posted by DUNBAR PLUMBING View Post
                Keep your bridge: Those in that video are real, have real jobs, are teachers that belong to a union,


                and they have just popped the lid to an inside view of just a glimpse of where the money flows.


                Isn't california home to like a 34 million dollar school...the biggest one ever?


                Are they spitting out kids like Stephen Hawkings minus the wheelchair?


                No.


                Come up with a better rebuttal when you're trying to challenge my thinking or my posts.
                I notice you didn't answer my question-maybe you need to go to school to learn to read.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: On November 2nd, Vote NO on any School Levy

                  I always vote YES on leveling schools!

                  Oh, *Reads thread title again*. school levy...

                  Well, if we can't have more prisons, schools make an excellent low cost alternative while filled with the same number of hoodlums, plus teachers are alot cheaper than police to watch over the little juvenile delinquents.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: On November 2nd, Vote NO on any School Levy

                    Originally posted by DUNBAR PLUMBING View Post
                    Are they spitting out kids like Stephen Hawkings minus the wheelchair?
                    Well maybe they aren't spitting out Stephen Hawkings but again maybe they are. What they have been very consistently doing is spitting out some of the best students in the US. New Jersey students are consistently in the top 5 states in the nation. Maybe it's the teachers maybe it's the water.

                    I think their is plenty of room for improvement anywhere and beleive corruption should be routed out wherever it's found. I don't live in New Jersey, so I'm going to let them resolve their own problems.

                    The concept that everyone should simply defund their own schools because someone managed to find teachers behaving badly in a particular state is just ridiculous. I will happily continue to pay to have the best educational outcomes. If I find I'm spending money and not getting results I'll change my tune. Right now my state also produces some of the best results in the country.

                    Frankly I think someone who hails from Kentucky should pay a bit more attention to his own schools. I'm going to guess they aren't in the worst 5 but I'd be surprised if they weren't in the worst 10.

                    Maybe corrupt teachers just teach better?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: On November 2nd, Vote NO on any School Levy

                      For years I've defended teacher's salaries which our newspaper posts! I don't think teachers are adequately compensated for their years of education and their responsibilities, but the time has come to face reality. New Jersey is in serious financial trouble, like many states the money is just not there. People losing jobs, losing homes, property taxes not being paid, businesses leaving, drastic times call for drastic measures. Forty or fifty years ago, folks here illegally did not get the kind of healthcare which they do at the present time, it costs the states millions! If we want to do the right thing and pay teachers what they are worth, we need to stop the waste, bring back jobs, secure our borders, enforce immigration laws, and revamp some of the laws governing workers.

                      White collar criminals stole employer pension invested monies including state money and got away with it, people who do not pay into the system shift the burden onto those who do. Someone must say "stop, no more".

                      I would not criticize the education system in Kentucky, because if folks in New Jersey were so smart their state would not be in such financial difficulty. Do the math, if the numbers don't come out right then the equation is flawed.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: On November 2nd, Vote NO on any School Levy

                        Originally posted by boytyperanma View Post
                        Well maybe they aren't spitting out Stephen Hawkings but again maybe they are. What they have been very consistently doing is spitting out some of the best students in the US. New Jersey students are consistently in the top 5 states in the nation. Maybe it's the teachers maybe it's the water.

                        I think their is plenty of room for improvement anywhere and beleive corruption should be routed out wherever it's found. I don't live in New Jersey, so I'm going to let them resolve their own problems.

                        The concept that everyone should simply defund their own schools because someone managed to find teachers behaving badly in a particular state is just ridiculous. I will happily continue to pay to have the best educational outcomes. If I find I'm spending money and not getting results I'll change my tune. Right now my state also produces some of the best results in the country.

                        Frankly I think someone who hails from Kentucky should pay a bit more attention to his own schools. I'm going to guess they aren't in the worst 5 but I'd be surprised if they weren't in the worst 10.

                        Maybe corrupt teachers just teach better?
                        Here is my solution for the state of Taxachusetts when it comes to education: Instead of paying the schools directly, every family in the state needs to be given an $8,000 voucher (Per child) to pay for that child's education for a period of one year. Now, whichever school receives the voucher is up to the parents. This will FORCE those schools to compete and EARN their reputation to be worthy of receiving the most vouchers. It's the same standards colleges are held to that has proven to work, only this principle is still funded by taxpayer money.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: On November 2nd, Vote NO on any School Levy

                          Originally posted by DUNBAR PLUMBING View Post

                          Try staying on topic for once, you know exactly who I'm referring to.
                          Originally posted by Pipestone Kid View Post
                          I notice you didn't answer my question-maybe you need to go to school to learn to read.

                          You're talking about contractor's conferences, and your ignorance ignored the bold print.




                          Start from the top, read down, understand. You're beneath my feet on this subject.
                          Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: On November 2nd, Vote NO on any School Levy

                            Originally posted by tailgunner View Post
                            Here is my solution for the state of Taxachusetts when it comes to education: Instead of paying the schools directly, every family in the state needs to be given an $8,000 voucher (Per child) to pay for that child's education for a period of one year. Now, whichever school receives the voucher is up to the parents. This will FORCE those schools to compete and EARN their reputation to be worthy of receiving the most vouchers. It's the same standards colleges are held to that has proven to work, only this principle is still funded by taxpayer money.
                            Sure it's an idea to be considered. It could be made to work.

                            In my mind an immediate issue is a school now gets 8000 dollars to take in that student. For them would that money be better spent on educating that child or would it now be better spent on advertising to convince the next set of parents to send their kid there too? I picture ads like 'send your child here and we'll give you a big screen TV'

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: On November 2nd, Vote NO on any School Levy

                              A non-accountable & tenured teaching system has been proven to be inferior. More money is spent per student in the U.S. than any other country in the world. The money is not the problem. Currently, there is no reason to ever increase spending on education in the U.S. as it also has been proven to not produce a better product.

                              So what does? Same as any other product. Competition.

                              Other countries allow parents to send their children to ANY school. So that creates competition within the system to perform. And it works. They are ahead of us...and spend less.

                              (P.S. A HUGE factor in some of the lacking in the U.S. performance is the decline of the traditional American family.)


                              J.C.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X