Get Out and Vote!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get Out and Vote!!!

Your vote does count, please don't let your upset with the system prevent you from voting.

Re: Get Out and Vote!!!

whatever way you are leaning on any issue or candidate, its important to vote as Frankie says.

If they vote and you don't, they've won without a fight.

I saw the other day where the various news shows on TV were reporting that the GOP was going to take back seats in various districts and that they were probably a lock. I think this type of reporting, no matter which side it favors, does a disservice to the public and is almost as bad as the negative ads the candidates run. It can go both ways, either getting people riled up to get out there and have their voice heard, or the more likely scenario that people will not bother to vote if they read that their candidate has already lost by a big margin in the polls. When a poll says that a candidate has 65% of the people queried and 10% are undecided and the remainder are for the opposing party most people will read that as hopeless so why waste the time or gas to go to the polls.
    "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006

https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

Comment

My ballot is filled out and signed in it's envelope and my wife will drop it in the ballot box today at city hall!
      www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

We vote.

Comment

_______

voted!!!
          _______

Comment

Vote early vote often
            sigpic

Comment

Brenda and I Voted!
              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

We vote by mail--voted last week.

Comment

It's been a freaking bloodbath for democrats!

The winds are blowing "Keep the Change" ever so strong!

And the real beauty?

LOTS of school levies are being shut the **** down, failing miserably across the country.

Well deserved. Slows the corruption of the learning process in a lot of ways.

This gives the left an excuse in 6 months to blame everything that's went wrong in the past 6 years under democratic rule.

But, we know who's spending trillions with a blatant excuse to violate the taxpayer.

Let the suffering continue for all...let your leader guide you.
                  Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by dunbar plumbing View Post
                    it's been a freaking bloodbath for democrats! :d

the winds are blowing "keep the change" ever so strong!

And the real beauty?

Lots of school levies are being shut the **** down, failing miserably across the country.

Well deserved. Slows the corruption of the learning process in a lot of ways.

This gives the left an excuse in 6 months to blame everything that's went wrong in the past 6 years under democratic rule.

But, we know who's spending trillions with a blatant excuse to violate the taxpayer.

Let the suffering continue for all...let your leader guide you.
                    how sweet it is!
                    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

I vote every single year, and today was no different.

To make a long story short, 2 years ago I had a problem at my polling place, where the democrat people who hand out fliers, got in my face.

When I walked in, they tried to hand me fliers, and I said " don't need them" and the smart a$$ comments ensued by all 6 of them!!!

Fists were about to be thrown if they didn't get out of my face, and they understood that completely when I took off my cell phone from me over-all pocket and placed it on a near by table.

I made a big *** scene, and the election official asked me what was wrong when I walked into the other room to vote. I explained the situation to her, and even offered to walk out with her (she was an elderly lady) so they wouldn't give her crap.

You could hear a pin drop when I was passionately talking to the election offical...it was that intense in there. Everyone was looking at me with bug eyes.

Well today...

Only 2 republicans were there to hand out fliers, and they were way off to the side as I walked in the door, and they didn't even try to hand them to me. (they never do anyways)

The democrat people were not even there!!!! Not one...which is extremely unusual, and never seen that before. In my area, there is ALWAYS a rep from both sides handing out fliers.

When I walked in to place my vote, there was a constable in there (first time for that lol) and the elderly lady just looked at me with that " oh here we go" look..lol.

She smiled and I returned the smile...and that was it.

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post
                        I vote every single year, and today was no different.

To make a long story short, 2 years ago I had a problem at my polling place, where the democrat people who hand out fliers, got in my face.

When I walked in, they tried to hand me fliers, and I said " don't need them" and the smart a$$ comments ensued by all 6 of them!!!

Fists were about to be thrown if they didn't get out of my face, and they understood that completely when I took off my cell phone from me over-all pocket and placed it on a near by table.

I made a big *** scene, and the election official asked me what was wrong when I walked into the other room to vote. I explained the situation to her, and even offered to walk out with her (she was an elderly lady) so they wouldn't give her crap.

You could hear a pin drop when I was passionately talking to the election offical...it was that intense in there. Everyone was looking at me with bug eyes.

Well today...

Only 2 republicans were there to hand out fliers, and they were way off to the side as I walked in the door, and they didn't even try to hand them to me. (they never do anyways)

The democrat people were not even there!!!! Not one...which is extremely unusual, and never seen that before. In my area, there is ALWAYS a rep from both sides handing out fliers.

When I walked in to place my vote, there was a constable in there (first time for that lol) and the elderly lady just looked at me with that " oh here we go" look..lol.

She smiled and I returned the smile...and that was it.
                        Good for You IRISH. I vote absentee ballot, much easier in My living room
                        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

I guess that I'm glad we have vote by mail here in Oregon. I've never had to deal with that crap.
                          www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

I don't know why you had to deal with that... here in NY it is clearly a violation. There are signs in front of our voting place that stop any political campaigning or poling within so many feet of any voting place.

CWS

Comment

In MA I've never been approached by anyone on my way to the ballot. At all the polling places I've been too the reps of either party are no where near the doors. They stand on the sides of the street out front holding signs and waving.

In VA the reps from either party were in the parking lot handing out slips promoting their parties choices. I kind of liked it. Everyone I talked to was civil and weren't pushing me personally to vote in a particular direction. The slips were neat, they listed how the party was voting on a particular election or ballot choice and a brief description of why their party made that decision. Much better then the vote for the candidate because party affiliation, things like 'we support John Smith because he is an experienced candidate that represents fiscal responsibility. I'd collect a slip from anyone handing them out read through them all and still make the same choice I'd intended to do but it's the thought that counts.

My ballot choices are already well established by the time I get there, changing my mind on the way in would be an impressive feat. But hey if a candidate was there stomping on kittens or something I might change my mind. I mean that takes some balls and I hate cats, that would get my vote.

I've considered doing mail in ballots but I like the experience. It gives me a sense of community everyone coming together to cast their vote. You get to watch a good mix of people from your city in all walks of life. I do things like go to the registry rather then renew online and such too for similar reasons.

Given the situation described I would pull out my cell phone but not to escalate to a violent situation. Pick it up and call the police to let them know people are attempting to intimidate me on the way to the ballot. I'm a big guy and a skilled fighter if it came down to it I would seriously hurt anyone I got in a fight with but that should always be a last resort. Inviting people to throw down is just asking for trouble.

Comment

Working...
                              X