A Change?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A Change?

Here in Cincinnati Ohio they are about to pass a law where you HAVE TO serve a non-meat menu, one day a week to promote healthier living.

???

Charlie! Pass me that fried Okra! I'm starving!

Months prior?

Smoking bans (I welcome this) are all but killing the idea of smoking in public areas.

I mention these tidbits because this is a slow g-r-i-n-d of the government slowly taking a lot of our personal choices away, a little bit at a time. I could easily, easily see this nation turning into a police state in the next 75 years with the rules and regulations, street cameras, red light cameras, cameras in schools...the list goes on and on and on.

Another personal freedom we'll lose in the next 30 years? The right to burn firewood outdoors in highly populated areas. << This is a huge possibility given a lot of people have switched to alternative fuels like those large outdoor heating systems that are hot water radiators (basically).

Burning wood isn't a clean energy source.
    Last edited by DUNBAR PLUMBING; 11-10-2010, 11:41 PM.
    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

I have to fess up to the 1/10 thing also, I just picked a number out of the air because I was too lazy to look it up, still, comparisons to european countries are not fair comparisons. Frankie is on the right track. Germany doesn'nt deal with the vast diversity of population, ethnicity, poverty and social problems that we do.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR PLUMBING View Post
        Here in Cincinnati Ohio they are about to pass a law where you HAVE TO serve a non-meat menu, one day a week to promote healthier living.
        That's amazing.

Comment

Working...
        X