X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Home Depot censors their tool reviews

Nobody has yet touched on the real issue here which is WHY ARE YOU SHOPPING AT HOME DEPOT AND LOWES
    sigpic

Comment

Can any one from Ridgid say that the power tools at HD or Lowes are the same tools you get at a tool store or on line tool store .
      Places like Sams club and Wall Mart have lower grade things . Tires at castco are not as good then a tire store
      Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
      http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
      http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

I have looked into that and they all claim that the tools all come from the same factories and the same assembly lines and there is no difference. I tend to agree with them. To me it seems like everyone's tools (cept Snap On) have gone down in quality in the past few years. I have 40 year old Milwaukee Hole Hawgs that still run just fine and have not had to have the gears replaced ever but most of the newer ones have all had to have the gears replaced.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by HVAC HAWK View Post
          Can any one from Ridgid say that the power tools at HD or Lowes are the same tools you get at a tool store or on line tool store .
          Places like Sams club and Wall Mart have lower grade things . Tires at castco are not as good then a tire store
          I'm not disagreeing with you on the quality difference between stores but I would be interested in seeing some proof, an article or something, especially regarding the tires at Costco as I've actually been looking at buying a set from them? If what you are saying is true than it would make me reconsider whether or not I am buying tires at Costco. Is this idea about quality based on what you've heard or your own opinion or do you have something else to go on? I've always known big box stores do make special orders for a cheaper product but usually it's under a different model name. I know many times big stores will have their products packaged differently and if they are in fact different than other stores than the model number is usually different. Model 12345-c at Wallmart vs Model 12345-a at a tool shop.
          Last edited by Supermanofsteel; 12-09-2012, 07:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by beeser View Post
            I had a similar experience with Home Depot reviewing an industrial shelf unit. Here is the review that I submitted, which was rejected.

Home Depot use to carry this same type of rack made by Whalen. Below are the differences between the two products. The Whalen rack metal thickness (all sections) is two notches greater (thicker) than the Edsal product. The Whalen rack has twice the number of lateral supports. The Whalen rack has twice the number of bars used for the grates. The Whalen rack has substantially thicker paint. The build quality of the Whalen rack is better in my opinion. At least the Whalen rack installs square without having to tweak it like the Edsal product. I don't know why Home Depot made the switch to Edsal for their industrial type rack but it wasn't to improve the product offering. At least the price didn't change for a lesser quality product. Is this the trend with Home Depot? I've noticed the same movement, especially with their tools.
            I can see how they would reject this. You are basically advertising for a brand that they don't carry. Get rid of all of the comparisons and do an honest review on their product, maybe they'd allow it then.

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
              I have looked into that and they all claim that the tools all come from the same factories and the same assembly lines and there is no difference. I tend to agree with them. To me it seems like everyone's tools (cept Snap On) have gone down in quality in the past few years. I have 40 year old Milwaukee Hole Hawgs that still run just fine and have not had to have the gears replaced ever but most of the newer ones have all had to have the gears replaced.
              don't fool yourself. There are plenty of snap-on tools that have gone down in quality also. Most of their tools are still good quality, but it's not all what it used to be...

Comment

Working...
              X