Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Do you remember when

Originally posted by DSurette View Post
    Tool, I was on that same train only about 9 months before you. I have the same memories. We were bussed to PI from the train station and when that Marine got on and started screaming I jumped up so fast I damn near knocked myself out on the overhead. And at that time of my life I had never heard a person use language like that.

Does anybody remember the Grit newspaper?
    Remember Helo school N.A.S. MEMPHIS recip engine, helo school.
    Made E-5 later. Beal st off limits! That's where I drank ,screw the swabbe shore patrol. Beer on base $.50 a pitcher,i think
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by DSurette View Post
      Does anybody remember the Grit newspaper?
      I remember Grit news paper, lol had to look and see where you were from, not too far away from me.

Comment

I remember in High school going out on a date with $20.00, and coming home with change. $75.00 would last me a week back then. (late 80's)

Remember when a Library was actually relevant? How many of these kids today, actually know what a "Card Catalog" is?

With No Computers - cell phones (texting) we actually were forced to socialize with people and work on our "people" skills.

Remember when saying the "Pledge of Allegiance" didn't cause any controversy?

Comment

Tube testers at the Sav-On drug store.

"Gay" meant "happy".

Sid Collins - the Voice of the 500.

Ignition points.

Record players.

"Over the line" at the ball field until it was too dark.

Comment

Working...
          X