Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you worry about your kids when they are away?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you worry about your kids when they are away?

My wife climbs the wall when our kids are away and she hears bad news. My son is currently in Afghanistan and his base was attacked this morning. Below is a report from the Taliban of what they say happened.

More than 37 US invaders and 35 puppets were killed with 9 US attack helicopters and 2 unmanned aerial vehicles or drones destroyed in a large scale attack carried out by Mujahideen of the Islamic Emirate on Jalalabad airbase early Saturday morning at around 6:00 am, Zabihullah Mujaid reported from the area.According to the details, a group of 14 martyr-seeking Mujahideen equipped with heavy and small arms and explosives vests rocked the airbase. Witnesses told Zabhullah Mujahid that Mujahideen divided into different group some of them kept attacking the enemy outside the airbase, while the others carried attacks using heavy and small fire drawing the enemy into firefight and conducted martyrdom attacks targeting the US invaders and Afghan cowardly soldiers inside the airfield, however one group of Mujahideen began targeting the helicopters and the fighter jets.
    As many as 37 US invaders were killed and 35 Afghan cowardly soldiers were killed or wounded during the face-to-face fighting and martyrdom operations, while 7 of the enemy trained dogs were killed.
    11 of the group of 14 martyrdom-seeking Mujahideen became martyrs carrying martyr attack on the enemy and in gunbattles, whereas 3 Mujahideen have made a safe return.
    Because of modern technology we received this email from my son:

Loved ones,

My FOB was attacked this morning but everything is fine. The media always makes it sound more exciting than it is in a war zone.

I have to run but I love you all.
    Jase

As it turns out there were no casualties on our side and no equipment was lost. However, in years gone by families would have to wait for months to hear from their loved ones. Instead we have had two phone calls and two emails this week.

Mark
    Last edited by ToUtahNow; 11-14-2010, 10:14 AM.
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Re: Do you worry about you kids when they are away?

im glad he is ok and we have to worry a little they are our kids
    Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
    http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
    http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Re: Do you worry about your kids when they are away?

Nephew just got back from iraq, it was nice to be able to chat on facebook with him or at least keep up with what was going on in his world.

Have a cousin that is a Navy Seal and he will just come and go, never really know what is happening with him.

Heck I just worry when they are gone to high school or over to a friends house, all kinds of weirdos out there.

Comment

Originally posted by G3sprinklers View Post
        Nephew just got back from iraq, it was nice to be able to chat on facebook with him or at least keep up with what was going on in his world.

Have a cousin that is a Navy Seal and he will just come and go, never really know what is happening with him.

Heck I just worry when they are gone to high school or over to a friends house, all kinds of weirdos out there.
        This is Jaysen's first trip to Afghanistan but he has done a couple in Iraq and Kosovo. I think what made my wife nervous is they said they destroyed 9 Attack Helicopters and Jaysen is an Apache pilot. As it turned out they did not lose anything.

Mark

Comment

How can she not worry? Even with all the lies.

Praying for you....

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
            How can she not worry? Even with all the lies.

Praying for you....

J.C.
            LOL - You don't know the half of it as my boys all live dangerous lives. While Jaysen is out flying Military helicopters Jared is flying helicopters in the oil industries. Last Month Jared was flying Admiral Thad Allen around the Oil Spill, this month he has been working in Deadhorse, Alaska. Jared called Jaysen to get some tips on instrument flying because there just is no visibility there. He is on his way home today but they are stuck in Fairbanks due to weather.

Mark
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
              LOL - You don't know the half of it as my boys all live dangerous lives. While Jaysen is out flying Military helicopters Jared is flying helicopters in the oil industries. Last Month Jared was flying Admiral Thad Allen around the Oil Spill, this month he has been working in Deadhorse, Alaska. Jared called Jaysen to get some tips on instrument flying because there just is no visibility there. He is on his way home today but they are stuck in Fairbanks due to weather.

Mark
              Cool! I do understand Mrs. B's worries though. They do appear to be having great lives.

J.C.

Comment

I bet you're just proud as he!! and find the things they do interesting, challenging, and fun.....

Whereas Mrs. B. thinks of ways for them to get hurt.

J.C.

Comment

Mark, there is no comparison between the kind of "away" my wife and I have had to endure with our daughters and what you are referring to! Prayers for his continued safety and your strength and peace of mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                    Mark, there is no comparison between the kind of "away" my wife and I have had to endure with our daughters and what you are referring to! Prayers for his continued safety and your strength and peace of mind.
                    They really are good kids (men) and my wife and I are really proud of them. I left out Jon who is a Highway Patrol Officer. Regardless of what happens in their lives their first call is to their mom to assure her all is well. Their second call is to me to share all of the details.

While Jared was still a Cop he would call to warn me when a TV crew would catch him being loaded into an ambulance so I could distract Brenda until he could call her. Jared use to spend a lot of time in ambulances when he was a Cop.

Mark

Comment

thanks for setting the record straight mark.

next time they're all in town, make sure we get together as i could really use the family portrait in my duct tape wallet

now i'm not sure who i want the ride along with they all have amazing careers that separates the boys from the men

see you tomorrow and thank them all for us.

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

As Franki well stated, there is no comparison between the lives your sons are leading and that of my own son. May God always look over them with his greatest of blessings.

As a father of only one son, I cannot begin to express how much I worry about him. Always have since he was first carried home from his birth. The guy is now a very good man who recently turned 41, but Lord knows I still worry when he's on trips, or when I don't hear from him in a few days, or simply when I know he's carrying a burden of sorts, with the job or with the family or with concerns for our grandsons. I guess it is just my nature, but I never could quite comprehend when parents don't seem to "worry".

Personally Mark, I salute you and your wife and of course your sons. I don't quite know how I would handle such "adventures". I do know that the wanderlust of my son in his younger years made me a prayerful man; and today, I spend a lot of time saying prayers for the friends and relatives who have sons and daughters in service to our country. I shall certainly add your sons to those prayers.

May God bless you all and forever give you and your wife strength and guidance,

CWS
                        Last edited by CWSmith; 11-14-2010, 01:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X