Weather Permitting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weather Permitting

The weather here in CT has been pretty mild so far this season. Not many leaves left to fall and working outside has been enjoyable. I have a couple days worth of wood left to split, and I'll be all set for the winter. I was wondering if any of you stick to a schedule of chores to do outside your homes in anticipation of the weather changing? I know snow has already hit some of the states, all we got so far was a fast moving flurry.

Re: Weather Permitting

Yes, my wife and I have a regular schedule of things to do before winter sets in. We were extremely lucky this fall--until yesterday, we were running in the 50's and 60's in October and November. Yesterday the Twin Cities got hit with 10 inches of snow. We got about 2 inches. Fortune smiled on us and everything is done and put away. Even got the snowblower on the front of the Tractor!

Comment

yes the seasons dictate my work most of the time,

but when it comes to wood cutting we normally cut the winter long, as the snow usually melts away here between most storms, and having it all cut before hand is not that big of a deal, and I usually keep some uncut stuff here for semi emergency, (I have cleaned up my own trees in the wind break for the most part, and now working on another farmstead cleaning up the dead in its wind break, I have enough cut for a few weeks currently,
      Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
      attributed to Samuel Johnson
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

At this point, I've mowed the leaves to powder, pulled the screens, and put the glass in the storm doors. Furnaces have been checked and filters changed. Heck, I even got my window scraper and snow brush back in the van.

Oh yeah, I just replaced all four tires, new rotors and pads too.

That's about it, now I think I'll just let winter sneek up on me.

CWS

Comment

I just finished raking and mowing my lawn front and back, just in time for the sunset at 5 PM today. Not too many weekends left to perform such work in a short-sleeve shirt.

Comment

Pruned trees and bushes, and relocated a few of the bushes today. leaving the leaves until they all fall. then I'll probably rake them on top of the garden to till them in. Should be able to get it done before the ground finally freezes. poked at the furnace with a stick and decided to leave it be for now. Maybe if it goes out I'll finish my radiant install.
            No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Working...
            X