• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Random Thoughts Thread

I'm sorry for your loss Dunbar.
    www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

Sorry for your loss, no easy way to lose a loved one.

Comment

Injured my foot today inside my shoe which felt like a rubber band snap in the heel.

Not an hour later, water heater replacement call came in. 11am call and I'm going to be hating life through this one. Worked on my scrap today... was hoping to cash out tomorrow.
        Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR PLUMBING View Post
          Injured my foot today inside my shoe which felt like a rubber band snap in the heel.

Not an hour later, water heater replacement call came in. 11am call and I'm going to be hating life through this one. Worked on my scrap today... was hoping to cash out tomorrow.

Sorry about you aunt.Sounds like she a was a great lady.Rest assured she is in a better place.She is in my prayers...I am hoping you did not tear your achilles tendon that must be painful..speedy recovery ..when it rains it pours...I know you will cash in on the scrap..wish I did more tearouts..Hang in there brother
          ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Sorry about your loss Dunbar.
            Ideal Plumbing

Comment

I'm tired.....

Comment

Originally posted by Trent2 View Post
                I'm tired.....
                Post whore!
                Ideal Plumbing

Comment

The weather here in Northern Kentucky right now is fantastic. 60 plus degrees.

Comment

Originally posted by idlplumb View Post
                    post whore!

:d

Comment

It's supposed to rain later tonight - I can't wait! It's sad that it rains so little around here that it's something I look forward to!
                      Ideal Plumbing

Comment

Originally posted by idlplumb View Post
                        It's supposed to rain later tonight - I can't wait! It's sad that it rains so little around here that it's something I look forward to!
                        Move to New England, we have all the H2O you want!
                        WE just had a bit of a hail/rain/sleet squal about an hour ago.

bleh. At least this crap is easy to shovel.

Comment

I was called to a call involving a cancer patient, they had a whirlpool water heater start leaking, defective. It's under a 9 year warranty, got it covered for him as a replacement.

Told him that he could save himself a lot of money having the same people at his church that built a handicap ramp at this home that they could cut the old heater out, take it Lowes and bring back the new one, have it right next to where the old one was.

Good chance they'll do the entire job since the water heater is at no cost, keeping the money this person needs badly for his situation.

Bladder cancer that spread into his hip and leg, he pisses in a bag now.

Started with a simple 'blood in the urine' situation that revealed cancer.

He's wheelchair bound, said the chemo makes him want to sleep his life away, it's all he does.

We are all one symptom, one diagnosis away from cancer in our lives. Some of us don't have to deal with the deadly disease, bu this guy has only hope that's not on his side.

Gave him a 50/50 chance to live, he's very concerned he'll never walk again. I can see that justification in thought, let alone the other issues he's currently dealing with.

I won't feel guilty charging him for the work, but I offered it up that it will not hurt my feelings if the church does it for free.

I am however going to contact the neighbor who referred me to him and thank her for thinking of me to recommend.

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR PLUMBING View Post
                            I was called to a call involving a cancer patient, they had a whirlpool water heater start leaking, defective. It's under a 9 year warranty, got it covered for him as a replacement.

Told him that he could save himself a lot of money having the same people at his church that built a handicap ramp at this home that they could cut the old heater out, take it Lowes and bring back the new one, have it right next to where the old one was.

Good chance they'll do the entire job since the water heater is at no cost, keeping the money this person needs badly for his situation.

Bladder cancer that spread into his hip and leg, he pisses in a bag now.

Started with a simple 'blood in the urine' situation that revealed cancer.

He's wheelchair bound, said the chemo makes him want to sleep his life away, it's all he does.

We are all one symptom, one diagnosis away from cancer in our lives. Some of us don't have to deal with the deadly disease, bu this guy has only hope that's not on his side.

Gave him a 50/50 chance to live, he's very concerned he'll never walk again. I can see that justification in thought, let alone the other issues he's currently dealing with.

I won't feel guilty charging him for the work, but I offered it up that it will not hurt my feelings if the church does it for free.

I am however going to contact the neighbor who referred me to him and thank her for thinking of me to recommend.
                            We are all on a razor's edge and your story shakes our illusion of invincibility. I try not to think about all the bad things that can happen regarding health, too depressing. Ever think that a slight twitch of the steering wheel by and oncoming driver could ruin your day or end your life? You were very considerate and generous, real decent thing to put out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                              We are all on a razor's edge and your story shakes our illusion of invincibility. I try not to think about all the bad things that can happen regarding health, too depressing. Ever think that a slight twitch of the steering wheel by and oncoming driver could ruin your day or end your life? You were very considerate and generous, real decent thing to put out there.

I never heard back from him so I assume they replaced the water heater for him at no charge. At least it was a non-expense situation.

To turn on a faucet expecting hot water, and then abruptly be in a scenario where it could lead to $800-$1000 out of your pocket to make that same action repeat, must be a staggering let down when you got enough bad things already going in your favor.

I just cut bacon out of my diet... had a bad experience with some even though I never ate it. I burned it up in the microwave and the smell, the look, and a experience 3 days ago with bacon being rubbery has got me pulling away from it.

As much as I love bacon, it's time to step away as it's not part of the diet plan.

Over 60 days without softdrinks and sugar ladened beverages, no drive thru breakfast anymore, 5 gallons of water a week is what I drink.

Comment

Good for you. I've been attempting to eat smaller portions of my regular foods. I drink coke zero and even though it has no calories I know it's bad for me. I usually limit myself to one can a day. Beyond that I drink milk, juice or water. I should drink more water though. So far I've dropped nearly ten pounds. 90 more to go and I can get my hip replaced.

Comment

Working...
                                X