Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Random Thoughts Thread

Originally posted by oldslowchevy View Post
    i wonder if i will ever get caught up with all the things i need to do? it never really seems to end.
    Amen Brotha it never does

Comment

Well guys, it is finally time to say goodbye, and see you all next year. My unit is shipping out, though we aren't really sure where we will end up exactly. However, being a construction unit, I'm sure we will end up getting bounced around. Been told that there are goon squads lobbing motars around into some areas they don't usually strike. So I'm sure we will be kept busy. When I get back, (whenever that is) I'll post pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by tailgunner View Post
        Well guys, it is finally time to say goodbye, and see you all next year. My unit is shipping out, though we aren't really sure where we will end up exactly. However, being a construction unit, I'm sure we will end up getting bounced around. Been told that there are goon squads lobbing motars around into some areas they don't usually strike. So I'm sure we will be kept busy. When I get back, (whenever that is) I'll post pictures.
        I will keep you in my prayers. God Bless you and keep you safe. Frank

Comment

Be safe, thank you for your service.

I just repaired the floor to one of the trailers I use (belongs to a friend) that I've been using for 4 years now. I bought 3 new boards, ended up with one board not used so my cost was $15 and some change, moved other boards around, put in smaller splices even though I'd rather stagger the joints. All that matters is that they land on the supports, and I'm going to nail some of them together so they don't move.

Trailer floor was getting dangerous and I didn't want to take anymore chances given that we leave these trailers on site for event staff to load the trailers back up with the benches. One hole through the floor and it's definitely trouble.

Started to rain on my project. Makes the nails go in easier, and now I have a reason to pressure wash the boards I turned up that had green mold growing on.

One dry day and it's getting paint which will suck right into that wood and protect it for awhile. Once you get that first initial paint it usually holds up fairly well.

Oh and I'm heavily unattractive. Just thought I'd let everyone know that before we go any further.
          Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

This is what the trailer looked like before I started. Most times, you'd find out the dangerous way that the floor had bad spots in it, and that's never a good situation. I ended up turning some boards around, cutting boards out and putting in pieces, then adding in some new boards. Even cut a few pieces to fill the narrow gaps between some boards that were crowned.
            Name:  c0642c2d966b9c64c618ba6bbb8051bf.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  445.5 KB
            Last edited by DUNBAR PLUMBING; 09-11-2011, 09:08 PM.

Comment

I got a bounced check from a customer for the holidays! Yaaaay!

Comment

i wonder how long i can drive backwards in this town before i get pulled over??....... i wonder if i will still want to do this once i sober up?
                9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

I just forwarded emails from one of my oldest email accounts... have no clue where those emails are now routing to. Technology, enough to piss you off at the pixels on the screen.

Comment

i have a donut,,,,, uhhhh half of a donut,,,,,,,,,, ummmmmmmm,,, i had a donut. yummy.
                    9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Going through old back up CDs, funny how you save random crap. Any of you ever use ICQ? I found the software and saved account on a CD... dont think I will install it, but kinda funny. Also found some pics of a girl I talked to on line way back in 98, cutie for sure. No, no bad pics, really, I'm not kidding, but thought that was funny. Heck I even found a old "Juno" email account and back up on my CDs, I havent used that since 96.

Comment

A couple weeks ago I had a laptop replaced under warrantee at Best Buy. I made backup cd's and when I added them to my collection I decided to take a look at what I had. Ended up throwing out several old discs to printers and computers long gone. A few real old games and educational cd's from when my daughters were little. Really enjoying the new laptop, I'm able to burn copies of dvd's and installed a couple free programs that allow me to download videos from youtube and burn them to dvd's . Frank

Comment

Random thought...
                          If women are so damn good at multi-tasking, why can't they have a headache and sex at the same time?
                          "HONK if you've never seen a gun fired from a moving Harley"

Comment

Originally posted by Doctordeere View Post
                            Random thought...
                            If women are so damn good at multi-tasking, why can't they have a headache and sex at the same time?
                            Hahahaha.... Where is the post of the year button?!

Comment

I'm finally home! Damn it felt good to be on US soil again! Tell you what, we worked in some of the coldest, nastiest, smelliest places on Earth, but we pulled through an enormous amount of work that made alot of lives easier and in turn improved morale for everyone.
                              A brief news article:
                              Connecticut National Guard's 103rd Civil Engineer Squadron Returns From Deployment - Courant.com

Comment

I'm finally home! Damn it felt good to be on US soil again! Tell you what, we worked in some of the coldest, nastiest, smelliest places on Earth, but we pulled through an enormous amount of work that made alot of lives easier and in turn improved morale for everyone.
                                A brief news article:
                                Connecticut National Guard's 103rd Civil Engineer Squadron Returns From Deployment - Courant.com
                                Yes, thank you for your service and great to have you back home! Frank

Comment

Working...
                                X