Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Random Thoughts Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Re: Random Thoughts Thread

    Why after 38yrs do I find a fart just as funny as my 2yr old nephew does
    INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
    Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

    Comment


    • #62
      Re: Random Thoughts Thread

      My dog snores louder than me!
      info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

      Comment


      • #63
        Re: Random Thoughts Thread

        Hey Dan,

        Its been a while, nice to see you in here again. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving.
        "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
        John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

        Comment


        • #64
          Re: Random Thoughts Thread

          Same to you Bob. Just been real busy with work and life. I always keep an eye open, just nothing to say lately. LOL
          info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

          Comment


          • #65
            Re: Random Thoughts Thread

            Originally posted by papadan View Post
            Same to you Bob. Just been real busy with work and life. I always keep an eye open, just nothing to say lately. LOL


            Welcome back Dan. I was about to ask a few regulars how you were doing. Making sure your ticker is a timex.
            Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

            Comment


            • #66
              Re: Random Thoughts Thread

              That last stent got the ticker working pretty good. How have you been Steve?
              info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

              Comment


              • #67
                Re: Random Thoughts Thread

                What's an Arkansas divorce have in common with a Kansas tornado?

                Either way, You know someone's Gonna lose a double wide !
                I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

                Comment


                • #68
                  Re: Random Thoughts Thread

                  I'm waiting for a brownie
                  info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Re: Random Thoughts Thread

                    Originally posted by papadan View Post
                    That last stent got the ticker working pretty good. How have you been Steve?

                    Busy. Concerned about next year and having manpower. I got a guy I've had for a few years that is letting me know by mistakes that he's not in it for the long haul.


                    Waiting to see what becomes of it...


                    Glad to hear you're doing well.
                    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Re: Random Thoughts Thread

                      Pre-Lit Christmas Trees are a pain in the butt. Worked pretty good first 2 years. Now only 3 strands out of 20 light. Spent 2 hrs cutting the strands of lights off the tree last night and I am still only 1/2 way done... grrr.

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Re: Random Thoughts Thread

                        Originally posted by Josh View Post
                        Pre-Lit Christmas Trees are a pain in the butt. Worked pretty good first 2 years. Now only 3 strands out of 20 light. Spent 2 hrs cutting the strands of lights off the tree last night and I am still only 1/2 way done... grrr.
                        I have 10 multi-colored Icicle lights on my house, and each year about 2-3 of them would have 1/3 of the lights go out. At $15 a pop, it adds up quick having to replace them every year. This thing has saved several strings that I otherwise would have given up on (even after replacing things a bulb at a time).
                        http://www.amazon.com/Keeper-01201-C...1047276&sr=8-1

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Re: Random Thoughts Thread

                          Originally posted by Josh View Post
                          Pre-Lit Christmas Trees are a pain in the butt. Worked pretty good first 2 years. Now only 3 strands out of 20 light. Spent 2 hrs cutting the strands of lights off the tree last night and I am still only 1/2 way done... grrr.
                          I know I am jinxing myself by posting to this thread, but ours has been working for 4 years now (including this year) w/o a hitch. I hope it holds out for another couple years cause as you said the trees are not cheap. If I get another 2 years I will break even with buying a real tree just on the cost of the tree alone, and the savings in not having to deal with hanging lights and taking them off is a big plus.
                          "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
                          John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Re: Random Thoughts Thread

                            My friend in the hospital will probably be leaving this world this week.


                            70 years old, his quality of life went downhill this year and he's on full oxygen. When they pull it off, oxygen levels drop dramatically. Struggling to reach 90 with the mask on.


                            Here is a bone chilling, cold statement that was told to me today:


                            His wife who passed on over a year ago, was very mean, really mean.


                            His daughter has the same facial structure as his wife.


                            When she entered his room today to visit, his first words,


                            "DON'T HIT ME!" with a sound of fear in his voice.


                            I knew she was mean, but I didn't think he was taking on physical abuse all those years. What a tragedy. I'd rather of not known that, and I'm sure the daughter was completely shocked of the revelation.

                            He'll be in peace here soon. This is not the ending he wanted. The only good thing is he beat colon cancer; 19 years without reoccurrence but the rest of his body is taking the toll.
                            Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Re: Random Thoughts Thread

                              Originally posted by cpw View Post
                              I have 10 multi-colored Icicle lights on my house, and each year about 2-3 of them would have 1/3 of the lights go out. At $15 a pop, it adds up quick having to replace them every year. This thing has saved several strings that I otherwise would have given up on (even after replacing things a bulb at a time).
                              http://www.amazon.com/Keeper-01201-C...1047276&sr=8-1
                              Very impressive little tool. I got this from youtube.
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMz6ZX9UKV0

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Re: Random Thoughts Thread

                                Originally posted by DUNBAR PLUMBING View Post
                                My friend in the hospital will probably be leaving this world this week.


                                70 years old, his quality of life went downhill this year and he's on full oxygen. When they pull it off, oxygen levels drop dramatically. Struggling to reach 90 with the mask on.


                                Here is a bone chilling, cold statement that was told to me today:


                                His wife who passed on over a year ago, was very mean, really mean.


                                His daughter has the same facial structure as his wife.


                                When she entered his room today to visit, his first words,


                                "DON'T HIT ME!" with a sound of fear in his voice.


                                I knew she was mean, but I didn't think he was taking on physical abuse all those years. What a tragedy. I'd rather of not known that, and I'm sure the daughter was completely shocked of the revelation.

                                He'll be in peace here soon. This is not the ending he wanted. The only good thing is he beat colon cancer; 19 years without reoccurrence but the rest of his body is taking the toll.
                                Very sorry about your friend, hope he doesn't suffer much longer. I have a neighbor who is a therapist and she was married to a man who had a physical disability which affected his legs and bladder. When he retired, he became very depressed and attempted suicide. She threw him out of the house and divorced him immediately. I later found out from their next door neighbors who had helped move him a few times when he was stuck, that his wife was very emotionally abusive. She would yell, insult and belittle him for being disabled. Yes, women can be very cruel. He was a nice guy and I lost a lot of respect for the lady. Women are not the only victims of emotional and physical abuse in a marriage or relationship!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X