Random Thoughts Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Random Thoughts Thread

My cat sleeps all day because she is so worn out from sleeping most of the night.

Comment

Originally posted by Abbott View Post
      My cat sleeps all day because she is so worn out from sleeping most of the night.
      Our cat sleeps all day because he is tired from running around all night.
      Lots of fields to hunt in around here. He'll come home and drop a baby possum or mouse or something once or twice a week at the back door.
      "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006

https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

----

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
        Our cat sleeps all day because he is tired from running around all night.
        Lots of fields to hunt in around here. He'll come home and drop a baby possum or mouse or something once or twice a week at the back door.
        Yeah, ours likes to hunt all night as well but this time of year she stays in at night. Once the snow melts she will be back out varmint hunting.

Comment

My hubby got a SMOKIN' deal at Sears on Friday. Wound up there by accident. Was looking at the sales. They had a 3-drawer toolbox for 34.99 on sale. The sticker happened to be posted under, not just 1, but 2 of these toolboxes that had the 182-piece mechanics tool set. The set originally sells for $229.99, on sale that day for $149.99.

Wait for it...

No, they didn't give it him for $34.99, even though they should have...

Wait for it...

They had to get approval from the store manager...

Wait for it...

He DID get the set for $74.99 (of course plus tax)! They had smaller sets for larger. Gotta love it when they mess up their sales tags!

Cathy

Learnat least one NEWtopic daily!

Comment

Originally posted by Abbott View Post
            Yeah, ours likes to hunt all night as well but this time of year she stays in at night. Once the snow melts she will be back out varmint hunting.
            No snow here yet. Last year we had a total of 73 inches which is a record for this
            part of the country. It has been into the 20s at night. Today we will be lucky to
            reach 37°F, which is about 8 degrees cooler than normal. My new 47" snowblower
            for the tractor is aching to tear into a big drift.

Last edited by Bob D.; 12-07-2010, 02:52 PM.

----

Comment

Rough and Tumble <<< seems to be my story in a nutshell.

This year moved as fast as a 30 day billing cycle for me... and that's pretty damn scary at this point.
              Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by henneca View Post
                My hubby got a SMOKIN' deal at Sears on Friday. Wound up there by accident. Was looking at the sales. They had a 3-drawer toolbox for 34.99 on sale. The sticker happened to be posted under, not just 1, but 2 of these toolboxes that had the 182-piece mechanics tool set. The set originally sells for $229.99, on sale that day for $149.99.

Wait for it...

No, they didn't give it him for $34.99, even though they should have...

Wait for it...

They had to get approval from the store manager...

Wait for it...

He DID get the set for $74.99 (of course plus tax)! They had smaller sets for larger. Gotta love it when they mess up their sales tags!

Cathy

That is a great deal Cathy. I ended up with a snowblower (Sears) in october for a really good price in similar circumstances.

We're about to get pounded with snow sunday, Northern Ohio probably will too.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
                  No snow here yet. Last year we had a total of 73 inches which is a record for this
                  part of the country. It has been into the 20s at night. Today we will be lucky to
                  reach 37°F, which is about 8 degrees cooler than normal. My new 47" snowblower
                  for the tractor is aching to tear into a big drift.

Wow! 73" that's a bunch!

Comment

Yeah, we got hit three times really hard (>24"), which for the Philadelphia/Southern NJ area is a major accumulation, plus a few smaller snows just to keep it interesting.

In one very windy storm just a few weeks before Christmas we lost a nice blue spruce in the front yard. Figures as I had just bought a bunch of new LED lights to decorate it with and never got the chance to get them up there. The snow remained through most of the winter, I didn't get to cut up and haul off that tree until early April.

http://www.erh.noaa.gov/phi/view_wss.php

Check the NWS archived data from Dec5, 09 to Mar 12, 10

This past Spring I bought a new tractor and decided to get the snowblower for it. Didn't cost any more than a stand alone machine plus it is way more powerful and cuts a wider swath. And did I mention that your back is not destroyed from shoveling.
                    Last edited by Bob D.; 12-08-2010, 03:08 PM.

----

Comment

• Re: Random Thoughts Thread

I'm getting smart tomorrow...

I'm hiring two diggers to help me on a job that I absolutely cannot do anymore without regret the next few days.

Gunna workem' like pack mules!

Comment

I used to love to dig!

Comment

Can someone clone me about 5 more times?

1: to come to work at Ridge every day and keep Josh in line
                          1: to go to my daughter's school and deal with the school, PTO and general needs there every day
                          1: to take care of my house and all the house work that builds up because of work and my daughter's school
                          1: to bake for me and start my bakery because "It's that time of year again!"
                          1: to spend time with my family just because of everything up top

And me to do EVERYTHING else!

That will do!

Cathy

(this is how I feel some times)

Learnat least one NEWtopic daily!

Comment

I learned a new word today!

http://www.masslive.com/news/index.s...d_for_a_3.html

I have to admit, it's pretty funny.

Comment

Why is it twice in two days when I need to do something outside it's pouring rain?
                              www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

Consumer spending is up this christmas season.

I'm busy plumbing these days.

Economic upswing?

I guess it is who you ask.

Comment

Working...
                                X