X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thought I Was Crazy!

Just caught a bit of a new program on the history channel called, Apocalypse PA. The program revolves around a man named "Frank" who lives somewhere in PA and his efforts to become totally self sufficient when(not if) our society falls apart. He is building a still, converting a pickup to run on wood gas, and learning to make gun powder and lead shot for his newly purchased gun. The guy takes what some of have as a passing thought of what will happen if things get really bad,and runs with it.

I am somewhat prepared in the event of a prolonged power outage, or other emergency that would interrupt power, food, fuel and so forth. I can't imagine being so hidden from the rest of society that I could sustain my existence in the event of an apocalypse? I think you would need to be part of a collective, working together, organized and heavily armed. Good luck Frank, this Frank only needs a handful of bullets if things get that bad.

Re: Thought I Was Crazy!

did you kind of wonder where he got the money for all this? fun show though. I loved the goat peeing on the couch, classic stuff. Can'w wait for the premere of the red neck bar show
    sigpic

Comment

Frankie, Are you saying that wasn't you??

Comment

Originally posted by Pipestone Kid View Post
        Frankie, Are you saying that wasn't you??
        I'm not that handy or quite that nutty.

Comment

The other day..I was looking at underground fall out shelters online.

Some of those shelters are freaking amazing!!!

If I had the money, I would think about sinking something in the ground, in the event of an emergency.

Comment

we use the storm cellar most every summer here, not that bad of an investment in tornado alley,
            Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
            attributed to Samuel Johnson
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

i was watching that show also ,if you use your head you could do any thing you want
              Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
              http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
              http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Originally posted by BHD View Post
                we use the storm cellar most every summer here, not that bad of an investment in tornado alley,
                I think I saw something like that online...neat as hell.

Comment

Many of you are old enough to remember when bomb shelters were pretty common. That was during and after the Cuban missile crisis, when we expected bombs to start falling on us at any time. Lots of folks spent a lot of money preparing for long underground survival.

I've poured lead balls for blackpowder guns from old pipe many times. It is easy to do, but not the greatest thing for your health. Y'all have pretty good access to lead, I'd bet! The problem I would run into is where to plug in my furnace!?

I'm set for a while, as long as "the enemy" is small enough to succumb to .22s. So if it is little green men, I'm good to go!

Steve
                  www.MorrisGarage.com

Comment

Working...
                  X