Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Charlie Rangel

Hope this clears up the numbers.

Capitol Hill employees owed $9.3 million in overdue taxes at the end of last year, a sliver of the $1 billion owed by federal workers nationwide but one with potential political ramifications for members of Congress.

This Story
    Capitol Hill employees owed $9.3 million in back taxes last year, data show
    Workers who owed the IRS in 2009
    The debt among Hill employees has risen at a faster rate than the overall tax debt on the government's books, according to Internal Revenue Service data. It comes at a time when some Republican members are pushing for the firings of government workers who owe the IRS and President Obama has urged a crackdown on delinquent government contractors.

The IRS information does not identify delinquent taxpayers by name, party affiliation or job title and does not indicate whether members of Congress are among the scofflaws. It shows that 638 employees, or about 4 percent, of the 18,000 Hill workers owe money.

The average unpaid tax bill is $12,787 among the Senate's delinquent taxpayers and $15,498 among those working in the House.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
      I don't necessarily doubt what you said but what's your source? I just head from some guy named Chicken Little that the sky is falling too.
      Info came from fox radio this morn. source, Huckelberry Report. I do wear 2 hearing aids ,and I may have misheard Billions for millions.
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
        I don't necessarily doubt what you said but what's your source? I just head from some guy named Chicken Little that the sky is falling too.
        The sky is falling with the clowns in the white house!
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Democrat Maxine Waters ethics trial is coming up next.

Yea..let's keep voting these people into office.

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post
            Democrat Maxine Waters ethics trial is coming up next.

Yea..let's keep voting these people into office.
            We need to bring back the Gallows

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
              We need to bring back the Gallows
              If we really knew what all of them were up to, how many would be left? A donation here and there, free vacations, property, etc. There is too much room for corruption to assume it is only a few who have broken the law.

Comment

And through it all, perhaps the most corrupt member of congress, Mr Barney Frank gets re-elected and ducks the bullet once again. Nothing has changed folks. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss. When they let Clinton off the hook they pretty much made their defining statement
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                  And through it all, perhaps the most corrupt member of congress, Mr Barney Frank gets re-elected and ducks the bullet once again. Nothing has changed folks. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss. When they let Clinton off the hook they pretty much made their defining statement
                  I don't even want to get started on Barney Frank. He should be in jail...period!

Comment

Working...
                  X