Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Charlie Rangel Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Charlie Rangel

    WHAT????!!!! no rants about this scumbag?

    You all realize if any of us did half of what he's done we'd be making license plates for a long while and our lover would be Bubba!!!!

    Oh wait, he's a poor black African American democrat..sorry that's makes his action OK as we don't want to be called racist now do we?

    By the way I do not know any black African Americans; well I do know a white guy born in South Africa and is now an American citizen...but when you ask him who he is he simply says "I'm an American"! not I'm a white African American!!!!!!

    I do know black Americans who were born in Detroit Mi. and some yellow Americans born on the reservation in AZ

    I was conceived in the back seat of a Nash...does this make me a Rambler American?


    Cactus Man

  • #2
    Re: Charlie Rangel

    I didn't want to start this thread because some folks think I post too much negative stuff. Watching the proceedings, I kept thinking what arrogance! I hope his being a Black man, encouraged some Black kids to greatness with their own lives. Now the disgrace and embarassment much be acknowledged. Unfortunately, this is not about race in my opinion. This is the tip of a rotten iceberg shared by both political parties and folks of every race. The system lends itself to corruption. There should be federal investigators assigned to each one of our representatives, and their every conversation and move should be scrutinized. Our once great country did not get like this as a result of legislators working hard for we the people.

    Ya gotta give rangel a break, he has been servicing the public for years. Thanks for the servicing.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Charlie Rangel

      This thread is nothing but a bigoted rant and should be deleted. Once the race card was put into play it ceased to have any worthwhile merit.
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Charlie Rangel

        I agree that race was not a part of this whole issue. I do think the proceedings merit discussions, as does the honesty and performance of all our elected officials.

        On the issue of racism and prejudice, unfortunately there are those who will never see beyond skin color, sexual preference, religion and so forth. Start another thread, but don't ignore the seriousness of this elected officials behavior and our country's current mess. I would not brag about forty or fifty years of public service if this is the result. Rangel is not alone, the ship is filled with rats and needs a good cleaning.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Charlie Rangel

          Lighten up guys!

          My motivation was purely facetious!!!!!!!

          I agree that we have a lot of corruption but that's not my point.
          My point is if us low citizens did half of the stuff these folks do
          we would be in prison and they would throw away the keys!

          I know if I lied on my taxes or did not pay them for 17 years or whatever I'd be in some serious trouble not censored etc.

          Political correctness is out of control...I'm shocked that so many here have such a thin skin and over react but then go into political diatribes or leave the reflector because their feelings were hurt because no one agrees with their philosophy.

          Our system of government is screwed up and it has been screwed up no matter if it is run by a republican majority or democratic majority.
          I do not like lifetime politicians I strongly believe in term limits ....if it's
          good enough for the position of president [2 terms] it should be fine for all other positions..say 3 terms max.

          What is truly sad is the fact that we no longer have quality leaders and real leaders at the helm..instead we have unqualified and crooks running the show.

          I grew up in Chicago..Mayor Daley... He was corrupt in capital letters. Everyone knew he was corrupt..but he made Chicago work. Does that make it OK?


          Military is exempt you can be there 20+ years because if you screw up they will let you go!

          Now we may be screwed up and have different opinions and debates but the bottom line is we still are the best game in town!

          How many illegal aliens do you think are rushing into Iran for example?

          Besides if I was not in the USA I'd already be in prison for writing this!

          Relax get a cup of coffee.


          Cactus Man

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Charlie Rangel

            Anyone that holds a public office as he does that is found guilty of any corruption should be tossed to the street. He has NO business being a senator let alone any public office holder after being found GUILTY of 11 infractions of conduct! I cant believe that he is getting a swat on the rear at best for this. I dont care what your political pedulem swings, he is a douch bag and needs to be ousted!

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Charlie Rangel

              Originally posted by Alphacowboy View Post
              Anyone that holds a public office as he does that is found guilty of any corruption should be tossed to the street. He has NO business being a senator let alone any public office holder after being found GUILTY of 11 infractions of conduct! I cant believe that he is getting a swat on the rear at best for this. I dont care what your political pedulem swings, he is a douch bag and needs to be ousted!
              The douchebaggery knows no bounds in the halls of Congress.

              He's a US Rep. not a senator.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Charlie Rangel

                Originally posted by Alphacowboy View Post
                Anyone that holds a public office as he does that is found guilty of any corruption should be tossed to the street. He has NO business being a senator let alone any public office holder after being found GUILTY of 11 infractions of conduct! I cant believe that he is getting a swat on the rear at best for this. I dont care what your political pedulem swings, he is a douch bag and needs to be ousted!
                I agree with you, these guys are found guilty and the punishment is a joke!
                I think part of the problem is that they have dirt on others, so they go easy on them. When I worked for NYTel we had a supervisor who was investigated by security agents and found to have a company backhoe at his upstate farm, he also had a company vehicle repainted and his wife was using it as her personal car. Now this guy had so much dirt on other bosses that as punishment they made him an engineer. No suspenion or firing! Crooked politicians need to be investigated and punished by independant prosecutors, not their lifelong pals. It's like a jury full of murderers finding one of their killer buddies guilty and sentencing him to nothing. The system stinks, and we pay for these crooks.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Charlie Rangel

                  Originally posted by badgerdave View Post
                  this thread is nothing but a bigoted rant and should be deleted. Once the race card was put into play it ceased to have any worthwhile merit.
                  bullshi$$ the man is a thief ?
                  I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Charlie Rangel

                    Interesting. I wonder what you guys called Tom Delay? Did you have this same outrageous indignation for Duke Cunningham who's in-office crimes landed him in a Federal prison. Hmmmm I don't seem to recall any of you guys even raising the slightest complaint when any number of "Republicans" were being found out.

                    Maybe you just need a reminder: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s...AAAKoEBU_Q1IKH

                    Now, don't take me the wrong way. I don't have any sympathy at all for Rangel, but I'm not about to start calling him names or pretending that everyone in government is honest. Republican or Democrat, our country has seen more than it's share of corrupt politicians, at all levels of government. But likewise, I don't see a whole heckofva lot of people in power anywhere, that don't have a good share of corruption in their numbers.

                    With Rangel, I don't buy any of his tears... he's crying, only because he got caught and I don't think any of it was "oversight" or "stupidity" or any other excuse he might want to stick a label on.

                    BUT, his crime has nothing whatsoever to do with his being black or his being a Democrat or for that matter, his being a "politician".

                    CWS

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Charlie Rangel

                      Originally posted by Alphacowboy View Post
                      Anyone that holds a public office as he does that is found guilty of any corruption should be tossed to the street. He has NO business being a senator let alone any public office holder after being found GUILTY of 11 infractions of conduct! I cant believe that he is getting a swat on the rear at best for this. I dont care what your political pedulem swings, he is a douch bag and needs to be ousted!
                      If this was a tradesman, His license would be pulled ,and He would be in jail serving a sentence. Greasy slimebag
                      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Charlie Rangel

                        There may be political correctness that plays into his consequences. The real story is that anyone... regardless of the color of their skin could get a free ticket after being convicted of crimes like these.

                        If Rangel is being treated differently than anyone else who would have been convicted because of the color of his skin then its racist in itself. Regardless of if he gets a free ticket or if he gets treated unfairly.

                        Whats wrong is wrong regardless of if they benefit or loose.

                        That being said. Everyone, be careful as this thread could turn bad quickly. Will be keeping an eye on it. Think carefully before you post anything. Read it thinking about how others would view your comments. If you follow those rules you should pry be ok.

                        Josh

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Charlie Rangel

                          Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                          If this was a tradesman, His license would be pulled ,and He would be in jail serving a sentence. Greasy slimebag
                          True. These politicians are held to a different standard and sadly their behavior affects so many of us that the punishments should be greater not lesser than a tradesman. I think that most folks would agree that great wealth while sought after, runs a close second to great power. Politicians have great power, they influence and manipulate the world around them. Why has it taken us so long to realize the nature of politics, and demand responsible behavior along with harsh punishments?

                          Rangel and his fellow criminal legislators may cry and feel remorse, but it is "we the people" who are victims in their actions. What we are seeing in America today, and will see in the future, is the direct result of bad behavior by people entrusted with the fate of our country. Gifts by lobbyists, private citizens, corporations and foreign powers were traded for our future.

                          The exodus of jobs should have been stopped over forty years ago when the writing on the wall was crystal clear. We deserved more than grandstanding during election time, but then we had better things to do than check up on our legislators. Imagine being hired to fix an electrical or plumbing problem, promising to do so and then messing up the job only to be rehired over and over again for the same job? Open your eyes folks, they messed up the job. Rangel is not unique, he is the poster boy for who is running our country.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Charlie Rangel

                            Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                            True. These politicians are held to a different standard and sadly their behavior affects so many of us that the punishments should be greater not lesser than a tradesman. I think that most folks would agree that great wealth while sought after, runs a close second to great power. Politicians have great power, they influence and manipulate the world around them. Why has it taken us so long to realize the nature of politics, and demand responsible behavior along with harsh punishments?

                            Rangel and his fellow criminal legislators may cry and feel remorse, but it is "we the people" who are victims in their actions. What we are seeing in America today, and will see in the future, is the direct result of bad behavior by people entrusted with the fate of our country. Gifts by lobbyists, private citizens, corporations and foreign powers were traded for our future.

                            The exodus of jobs should have been stopped over forty years ago when the writing on the wall was crystal clear. We deserved more than grandstanding during election time, but then we had better things to do than check up on our legislators. Imagine being hired to fix an electrical or plumbing problem, promising to do so and then messing up the job only to be rehired over and over again for the same job? Open your eyes folks, they messed up the job. Rangel is not unique, he is the poster boy for who is running our country.
                            Just heard congressman owe over 1 billion dollars in unpaid taxes! Yes,in ALL the different colors.
                            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Charlie Rangel

                              Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                              Just heard congressman owe over 1 billion dollars in unpaid taxes! Yes,in ALL the different colors.
                              I don't necessarily doubt what you said but what's your source? I just head from some guy named Chicken Little that the sky is falling too.
                              Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X