Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Way I Was Raised...

Not worth discussing.
    Last edited by BobsPlumbing; 11-19-2010, 01:25 AM.

Re: Way I Was Raised...

Where the heck was this guy when ten million American jobs were shipped off? I know everyone out of work is lazy. I don't agree! I do agree man benefits by being productive, ideal hands are the devil's workshop. Where are the millions of jobs going to come from? Tax cuts won't do a dam, there has to be a better plan a better response!

Comment

J.C., I understand where you are coming from but I think the area where you live plays a part in this. I know for sure that in my neighborhood, folks either do their own yard and house work or hire people who are licensed. There was a time when some hired the illegals at slave rates to do the work professional painters and landscapers did, but I don't see that much nowadays. If you try and start a real business doing some of those jobs, you need a business license and insurance and the competition is fierce, just not enough work period. I know several folks who had lawn services and they decided to let them go and do it themselves. Things are getting worse in my opinion. Yes, there are still jobs to be had but they are very few and often fought over. We must have a response to the millions of jobs lost, we as consumers must have alternatives to making communist china and the rest of the world wealthy on our American dollars.

The way I was raised, communism was bad, "made in america" meant something to be proud of, you bought what you could afford, companies had a stake in America, in towns across the land, jobs were plentiful if you wanted to work.

J.C., we can't change the figures to an equation that worked in the sixties and expect the same positive solution. The problem is massive, and in my opinion there is no answer from anyone that suggests a turn around.

Comment

I deleted my post. I do not have the wherewithal to even discuss it or be dissuaded.

J.C.

Comment

J.C., I can see you sticking to your guns, but why start a thread and then not discuss the content?I'm just giving my thoughts, don't mean either of us is completely right or wrong. Good night.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
            J.C., I can see you sticking to your guns, but why start a thread and then not discuss the content?I'm just giving my thoughts, don't mean either of us is completely right or wrong. Good night.
            Correct. Fixed.

J.C.

Comment

Dang it! I hate it when I miss the good stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Jim View Post
                Dang it! I hate it when I miss the good stuff!
                Ya didn't miss anything Big Jim. I can't speak for J.C., but I was really tired and not trying to be abrupt. I enjoy many of J.C.'s threads and posts, but that doesn't mean we always agree. Now cheer up big guy!

Comment

Working...
                X