X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Next Great Immigration?

Immigration immediately puts the picture in most peoples minds of Mexicans illegally AND legally entering the U.S.

Immigration is nothing new though. Since the beginning of little towns & colonies, people have immigrated to try to improve their life in some way.

What will be the next big immigration?

Hypothesis-U.S. citizens will begin immigrating to Canada & become citizens for healthcare.

Others?

Thanks.

J.C.

Re: The Next Great Immigration?

I don't see one.
    Sure China's economy is gonna boom like a kid with his parent's credit card.
    Unfortunately they have more than 1,350 million people to pick from to fill their job pool.

I will agree with you though,I think this place is done.Soon we'll all be crapping in a bucket hiding while trying to dodge cartel bullets.

Comment

I just love how the government makes up laws as we go a long, and IGNORE the ones they don't like that are in the books.

But with that said, I have no problems with the Mexicans being here...I welcome them. But they need to follow the laws in this country and come here LEGALLY like every other foreigner has done before them.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
        Hypothesis-U.S. citizens will begin immigrating to Canada & become citizens for healthcare.

Others?

Thanks.

J.C.
        Don't worry,you won't have to be moving.
        If there is going to be any fence jumping to overload free healthcare I think our current transients should get there and eat it up before we get the chance/huevos.

You think Canada is just going to let us walk in like we let our southern attendies.

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
          Don't worry,you won't have to be moving.
          If there is going to be any fence jumping to overload free healthcare I think our current transients should get there and eat it up before we get the chance/huevos.

You think Canada is just going to let us walk in like we let our southern attendies.
          Not sure if let ever has much to do with it. A massive immigration away from the U.S. might be a good thing though.

J.C.

Comment

[QUOTE=Flux;317978]I just love how the government makes up laws as we go a long, and IGNORE the ones they don't like that are in the books.

But with that said, I have no problems with the Mexicans being here...I welcome them. But they need to follow the laws in this country and come here LEGALLY like every other foreigner has done before them.[/QUOTE]

I couldn't agree more. It used to be that it was an honor to become an American Citizen and have the opportunity to make something of yourself. Immigrants tried hard to learn the language and become productive members of society. What the hell happend? Too damn many hand outs to those "poor people" "We should do something to help them". I couldn't agree more, we should help them to become Americans by making them speak our language! We should help them become Americans by making them earn thier own way just like I have to! I could go on but it's starting to really piss me off so I'll step off my soap box.

Happy Saturday!
            www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

If you think we are just going to let you Americans walk across the border for free health care you are sadly mistaken! You have to get on a boat and come in via the shores of Vancouver like all the rest of the illegals we welcome with open arms

The not so funny part of this is that the law abiding citizens have to jump through all kinds of hoops to get the proper documentation just to visit our respective countries, yet the illegals that come in by the boatload are welcomed.

On one hand I don't really want to turn their boat away as it likely means imposing a death sentence but opening the flood gates is killing the workers with huge tax burdens.

Maybe the only way to slow this down is to turn the ships around in international waters before they enter our 'borders' and stick with the set policy. We need to clearly state that illegals are NOT welcome and they will be sent back

Comment

Immigration immediately puts the picture in most peoples minds of Mexicans illegally AND legally entering the U.S.

Immigration is nothing new though. Since the beginning of little towns & colonies, people have immigrated to try to improve their life in some way.

Others?

Thanks.

J.C.
                I have family in the Seattle area. Why are the Canadians coming over the border for operations . Maybe their health care is wanting !
                I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                  I have family in the Seattle area. Why are the Canadians coming over the border for operations . Maybe their health care is wanting !
                  Doing some poking around...this does not seem to be a majority situation though.

The future of healthcare might be global healthcare with competition from everyone.

http://www.indian-medical-tourism.com/

Story last year of a local U.S. health insurance provider paying the patient to have their operation done in another country. Shown on the local news. The insurer payed:

A fee to the patient.
                  All healthcare associated bills.
                  Flights.
                  Aftercare & rehab.

And the insurer came out WAY ahead financially.

I thought like many that "Yeah, but your probably in some dirty hospital with back alley doctors...."

Not true. The situation in the story had better percentages for cleanliness and contracted infectious disease rates while at these hospitals.

Many of the doctors and surgeons came from U.S. medical schools.

And with the person the story focused on, he had his own personal RN. No, not for the floor or the wing, his own nurse. (Hip replacement & shoulder surgery if I recall correctly.)

Pretty amazing when competition comes into play.

Fast thread drift.

J.C.

Comment

Others?

Thanks.

J.C.
                    We have a ton of Marshallese You all think Mexicans are bad.

Comment

Others?

Thanks.

J.C.
                      It could be worse, imagine sneaking into Mexico. I understand the first offence will get you 2-years in prison and repeat offences will get you 10-years.

Perhaps if Arizona law had mirrored Mexico's laws instead of our own Federal Governments laws, President Calderon would have been more supportive.

Mark
                      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                        It could be worse, imagine sneaking into Mexico. I understand the first offence will get you 2-years in prison and repeat offences will get you 10-years.

Perhaps if Arizona law had mirrored Mexico's laws instead of our own Federal Governments laws, President Calderon would have been more supportive.

Mark
                        Mark, in today's political climate we are lucky the USA is not up on human rights violations regarding our immigration laws. I read somewhere that Arizona's policy is "straining" relations with latin america. Who gives a dam?
                        I still can't understand why we can't enforce our laws and other countries can?

I was a kid in grade school when cuban refugees showed up in numbers, same with jamacians, haitians, mexicans, russians and several other immigrant groups. I wonder if haitian immigrants will make another push to get here? I know things are very bad in their country.

We really got the cream of the crop with the mariel boatlift folks. Clean out your jails and send your worst criminals to the USA. Be our guest and ignore our laws, wouldn't want to offend anyone.

Comment

Working...
                        X