X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: dyson vacuums

We have an Olympic, Vacuum sport, in our home.
    It's called " CHASE THE KAT !" He sees Me head to the closet,and
    GAME ON!
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

I have a 2003 DC07 animal [the purple one].

Around 2006 a small hose failed and I replaced it. The hose tore.
      After 7 years the hinge on the dust collector part broke. I replaced it.
      The other day I noticed some plastic broken on the cyclone assembly.
      I just ordered a replacement, even though it does not effect the operation what so ever.

I find this "older" model has a larger capacity than the newer version dubbed as the "animal".

Some comments here...

Try to find affordable replacement parts for other 7+ year old vacuums?
      I had a Fantom and when it broke it was unserviceable! And if parts were offered they were not cost effective.

The reason you now see even cheap cyclone style vacuums out there has to do with the patent...This is similar to the Fein Multimaster tool and all the knock-offs we have today.

So..compare the Harbor Freight $29.99 Multimaster tool to the Fein Multimaster tool.....For some the twenty nine dollar tool will work fine.
      For others the Fein is the only way to go....

I use our Dyson almost daily two large dogs and AZ is very dusty!
      The unit is powerful, reliable, does not loose suction etc....I sound like a commercial!

I do one thing though most don't and that is every few weeks I take the cyclone assembly outside and blow out the fine dust with compressed air. The dust is like talcum powder and if left alone will eventually kill the vacuum. I also wash out the permanent filter every few months or so.

You get what you pay for..and anything you get will fail or break if not properly used or maintained.

Cactus Man

Comment

Originally posted by wbrooks View Post
        (we have more sand in Pontypool than most beaches). Central vac installed
        But can it vacuum up the media zombies..............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PZkXgk4hZM&feature=fvw

I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
          He also goes to the laundry mat to watch clothes spin around in the dryers
          No, he is just watching them while the washer is mixing his supply of milkshakes!!

Comment

I bought my wife a hyla it works good with no dust blow bye ,,,
            So She says

Comment

Went to costco fri, brought home a dyson for $369.99. Mom tried it today for 1st time. Get an E mail at shop " This vacuum SUCKS "
              I figure I'll return it Mon. Get Home ,She loves it! She got Me good! Loves it.
              I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                went to costco fri, brought home a dyson for $369.99. Mom tried it today for 1st time. Get an e mail at shop " this vacuum sucks "
                i figure i'll return it mon. Get home ,she loves it! She got me good! Loves it.
                "thanks"
                "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                  "thanks"
                  How bout that, the "Thanks" button is working again.

I have thought that a Festool or similar quality level shop vac (or as they call it Dust Collector) could double as a house vac. The Festool vac has adjustable power/suction and is very quiet for a vacuum. You can get HEPA filters or
                  standard filter bags. Standard vacuum acceessories and tools are available in both steel and plastic. For what you would pay for a Dyson that you would use occasionally you can buy a Festool and use it in the shop and the house, but you'd never use your Dyson in the shop connected to your router table or random orbit sander, it would be dead in 20 minutes I bet.

The new central vac systems even have hose storage in the wall so you never have to drag the hose out of the closet, just grab whatever tool you need and the wand and you're off and running.
                  Last edited by Bob D.; 05-15-2011, 07:51 AM.
                  ---------------
                  Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                  ---------------
                  “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                  ---------
                  "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                  ---------
                  sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Well Moms had the Dyson a week and LOVES it. Money well spent.
                    This is the one currently at caostco DYSON DC 33

Comment

My Dyson is still going strong. My mom did evently go out and buy one and she loves hers as well.
                      Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                      A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                      Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                      Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Wife loves ours. Got her the cordless and she loves that too. $300 for a "dust buster" entitles me to buy pretty much anything I want for my shop... Win/Win

Comment

wife wanted one last year. I was convinced that the only thing exceptional about it was the marketing. She wanted it because it was yellow.... So we got one, I used it, & holy b^t$hit , this thing works! We have a long-hair cat & I've never seen so much hair come out of the carpet. So on the positive side, it works great. On the negative, I'm not able to tell my wife "I told you so".

Ironically, she wanted it because it was yellow but ended up getting the red one instead..

Comment

Wow, apparently these are not as crap as they look on tv. I stand corrected.

I still want to know wtf is 'digital' about an electric motor, or why it's rpm can possibly matter when you can just gear up to anything you want. Any time that kind of talk starts flying around my bs detector goes off and it's hard to waste time on the rest of it.
                            Last edited by Ace Sewer; 05-25-2011, 08:25 PM.
                            This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Working...
                            X