X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Bird?

I love Thanksgiving, brings back childhood memories and gives me a chance to cook and eat. I've been cooking the turkey since we got married twenty seven years ago, and this thursday I will make a 24 pounder my biggest one so far. Just curious if any of you folks make really big turkeys? I have seen quite a few wild turkeys around my neighborhood, but not lately. Do any of you guys raise the birds? Well, safe travels for those driving and I hope everyone enjoys a Happy Thanksgiving. Frank B.

Re: Big Bird?

Frank, You and I have something in common--you cook, I eat!

Comment

Obligitory image:

Comment

Wild Turkey is not the same as grocery by far. The ones I have harvested are mostly dark meat and have a much more gamier taste to them.

Comment

Originally posted by DanLawrence View Post
          Wild Turkey is not the same as grocery by far. The ones I have harvested are mostly dark meat and have a much more gamier taste to them.
          Dan, just curious if they cook up tender? Turkey as I know it has a strong flavor, so I'm sure the wild ones are not for the squeamish. I can't wait until tomorrow morning, stuff the big bird and get it in the oven.MMMMMMMMMM

Comment

Don't forget the pumpkin pie, Frankie, and the whipped sweet potatoes.

Unfortunately, I'm a month and a half past Thanksgiving here, but I do have a stuffed turkey in the freezer that just might make it into the oven by month's end.

Frankie, I hope you and your family and everyone else on this forum in the USA has a happy and safe Thanksgiving with their families.

If you've got to travel on the road, take your time and arrive safely - the weather looks wintery in places...
            I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

I don't cook a heck of a lot. I like to use the outdoor grill at our family camping spot. I enjoy breakfast mostly. Bacon, eggs, pancakes, french toast, my version of an egg mc muffin which we call mc lovin's . I also like to grill up greasy bacon cheese burgers with sauteed onions and your choice of pepper jack or cheddar cheeses. I make a pretty good chili too. Beyond that it's canned soup, and grilled cheese sandwiches!

Happy Turkey cooking and especially eating Frank!
              www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

Originally posted by Trent2 View Post
                I don't cook a heck of a lot. I like to use the outdoor grill at our family camping spot. I enjoy breakfast mostly. Bacon, eggs, pancakes, french toast, my version of an egg mc muffin which we call mc lovin's . I also like to grill up greasy bacon cheese burgers with sauteed onions and your choice of pepper jack or cheddar cheeses. I make a pretty good chili too. Beyond that it's canned soup, and grilled cheese sandwiches!

Happy Turkey cooking and especially eating Frank!
                I'm am stuffed from a long day of eating and yet reading your list of breakfast food and burgers got me hungry again! Pancakes, bacon, french toast and your special mc lovin's sound real good. Been a while since I made fresh waffles, I like to eat one with real maple syrup and butter and then the next one with melted icecream. Forgot to mention the bacon or little pork sausage links to make it a balanced breakfast.

Comment

Working...
                X