Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shud the Detroit Lions lose their Turkey Day spot?

Should the Detroit Lions lose their traditional thanksgiving day game slot that they have held for 60+ years?

Is it fair for a few teams (Lions, Cowboys, etc) to hold these slots year after year?

Maybe the turkey day game slots could go to last years Super Bowl loser and the AFC and NFC playoff losers, who would each play the team in their division with the best record at that point in the schedule.

Just a thought as to how it could/might be changed so we could see different teams every year.

I have nothing against the Lions or Cowboys, just it would be nice to spread the national TV exposure around a bit, though that may not be as important in todays media climate with cable and dish networks, etc.

Anyway, what do you think?

Same as it always was or time for a change?
    Last edited by Bob D.; 11-25-2010, 07:27 AM. Reason: fixed a spelling error
    ---------------
    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
    ---------------
    “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
    ---------
    "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
    ---------
    sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Re: Shud the Detroit Lions lose their Turkey Day spot?

Da Bears

Comment

Leave it the way it is. This is a Lions tradition and I see no reason to break from that tradition.
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Some of my fondest childhood family memories (and there isn't many) is sitting around with my 5 brothers and the Old Man (dad) watching the Cowboys on Thanksgiving while the ladies hovered over the stove. Any other day of the year we were at each others throat. Strangely, it was the only day we all got along. Must have been all the booze.

Half of them have passed away and the rest are out of touch now but I know that when the game is on Thursday we all will be wishing for another Dallas Cowboy epic failure

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
          Leave it the way it is. This is a Lions tradition and I see no reason to break from that tradition.
          It's also tradition for Detroit to go a full season without winning a game. At least with a Thankgiving match, even if they do pull a win, being on a holiday, such a victory won't count, thus their customs are preserved.

Comment

OK Bob enough already!
            I respect you, I really do, but don't be bringing my Detroit Lions into this!!
            If you've got a problem with the Cowboys or anyone else than you just go ahead and state your case. No need to bring the Lions into this.

It's bad enough my house is going to be filled with New England fans tomorrow and I'll have to listen to their BS all day but to come here and see this for a post

GOOOOOOOOOO, LIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
            Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by tailgunner View Post
              It's also tradition for Detroit to go a full season without winning a game. At least with a Thankgiving match, even if they do pull a win, being on a holiday, such a victory won't count, thus their customs are preserved.

Enough out of you Tailgunner! Shut your pie hole

Your right, but damn, do you have to be so blunt?
              INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
              Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
                Enough out of you Tailgunner! Shut your pie hole

Your right, but damn, do you have to be so blunt?
                Blunt? Blunt? Me? *Rubs thumb and index finger together* I believed I was being rather keen, since I was able to cut to the core so easily.
                Of course I cannot take all of the credit, afterall the Lions DID perform most of the work for me already.
                Last edited by tailgunner; 11-24-2010, 09:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tailgunner View Post
                  Of course I cannot take all of the credit, after all the Lions DID perform most of the work for me already.

LOL!!
                  As much as I love the Lions, you do make a valid point!
                  Not bad for a Flatlander/M*******
                  *Rubs thumb and index finger together and flicks booger toward Mass*

I'm going to regret this come about 4pm tomorrow I'm sure, but here it goes; We'll see when the Lions kick NE's a$$ 27-19 tomorrow.

Comment

WHAT?????..... automatic stars to cover the word Ma$$hole?

I am so sorry Tail. Apparently I owe you a loving hug. I am so sorry for my offensive language

My intent was Not to hurt your flatlander feelings...Come on buddy..Embrace me...Hold me close...I now understand my evil ways

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
                      LOL!!
                      As much as I love the Lions, you do make a valid point!
                      Not bad for a Flatlander/M*******
                      *Rubs thumb and index finger together and flicks booger toward Mass*

I'm going to regret this come about 4pm tomorrow I'm sure, but here it goes; We'll see when the Lions kick NE's a$$ 27-19 tomorrow.
                      >Implying Detroit can score more than one touchdown, even by accident.
                      >Implying Detroit can pierce New England's defence.
                      >Implying New England will bother risking their first string players to injury for a T-Day game.
                      >Implying the score won't be 15-6 New England

LOL. No.

Comment

Having spent the first 8 years of my life growing up in Detroit, I have a space (though small) reserved for the Lions, Tigers, Red Wings, and Pistons. So I did not bring this up to take a jab at the Cowboys or any other team, even the Lions.

I was just wondering how everyone felt about the way it has gone down over the years and if there was a better solution.

I am happy watching the Lions and Cowboys play on turkey day. Hey it those other teams wanted in they should have spoke up 80 years ago but they wanted to be home stuffing their faces so ya gets what ya asks for is my way of thinking on this subject.

I hope the Lions will pull one out to save a little face for this season, what are they 2-8 now?
                        ---------------
                        Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                        ---------------
                        ---------
                        ---------

Comment

Well, at halftime the Lions are leading 17 to 10, someone there must have read this thread huh?
                          ---------------
                          ---------------
                          ---------
                          ---------

Comment

Typical Detroit,,,play good in the first half and just completely blow it in the second

I'm beginning to think your right Bob, maybe it is time other teams play.

Comment

Pats stuffed the turkey , big time !!!!!
                              I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Working...
                              X