X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All I Want For Christmas

Call me spoiled, but I like to pick out what I want as a gift. No sense in spending hard earned money on something I don't want or won't use. That said, a few years back I got an Oregon professional chainsaw sharpening machine for Christmas, (what a surprise)

I just found the perfect Christmas gift for me, since I like my knives sharp.
    http://www.theedgemasters.com/KnifeSharpeningKit.html
    My wife says the girls want new Ipods or digital cameras, ( a waste of money in my opinion). So Dad will be getting something useful. Razor sharp knives here I come.

Re: All I Want For Christmas

I'll settle for a day of rest with nobody asking for anything, it wont happen, but I can wish.
    info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

I can't believe he would tell you to REMOVE THE GUARDS from the machine! Wow is that a risky thing to recomend. It won't be long until someone else owns his business!
      www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

Frankie, one word...Tormek
        sigpic

Comment

I don't think most folks realize how strong 1/3 hp is until they get tangled up.
          Sorry NHM, the tormek looks like a beauty but way out of my price range.

I googled what brand belt sander they used and someone said it was a harbor freight! It would be cheaper for me to order the sander from harbor freight and the assorted belts from the edgemaster folks. Starting to get buyers remorse and I haven't spent a dime yet.

Comment

Keep looking, you may find the belts too!

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
              Call me spoiled, but I like to pick out what I want as a gift. No sense in spending hard earned money on something I don't want or won't use. That said, a few years back I got an Oregon professional chainsaw sharpening machine for Christmas, (what a surprise)

I just found the perfect Christmas gift for me, since I like my knives sharp.
              http://www.theedgemasters.com/KnifeSharpeningKit.html
              My wife says the girls want new Ipods or digital cameras, ( a waste of money in my opinion). So Dad will be getting something useful. Razor sharp knives here I come.
              Frank

My $9.00 Accusharp does a pretty darn good job on my cheap kitchen knives.

I touch them up with a Henkles butchers steel and they're good to go until the wife uses them to pry open a lid or throws them in the dishwasher.

James

Comment

All I want for Christmas is another one of these. I like to pick out my gifts also.

Made it to the range this weekend, after a 3 year absence. Nice weather for late Nov.

James
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by James P View Post
                  All I want for Christmas is another one of these. I like to pick out my gifts also.

Made it to the range this weekend, after a 3 year absence. Nice weather for late Nov.

James
                  Maybe I should rethink my gift idea?

Comment

Wanted to update this thread. Received the sanding belts a couple days ago and the sander arrived today from harbor freight. I had to use a dremel tool to grind down some metal which allowed the tension adjustment enough travel so belts could easily be removed and reinstalled.

The cheap harbor freight sander will do for now and works well enough for me to decide whether or not I want or need() a better sander.

I have sharpened several knives and one scissor. The technique is not difficult to pick up and the result is impressive. I can put a razor sharp edge on any knife so far and it is not only much faster than using my hand operated Lansky system, but I can do long knives easily.

I would not suggest this system of sharpening knives is equal or superior to very expensive and precise machines, but I believe most folks would be very happy with the results. Total cost, $68 for the belts and $56 for the sander.

Comment

All I Want For Christmas?
                      Is The Phone to Ring!!!!
                      Spam calls need not apply
                      Rod
                      MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
                      Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
                      http://unclognh.com
                      http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

We got lucky today with a rush of septic calls. We pumped 3,300 gallons of grease and 3,000 gallons of septage and cleaned a mainline to a septic tank. Pretty good day. We've got a 1500 gallon tank scheduled for the morning and two 3,000 gallon commercial holding tanks for thursday.

Portable toilets on the other hand are getting very slow. Christmas tree harvest and wreath making is our rush right now but is coming to an end quickly. I think we have ten units to pickup tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                        X