Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It All Started With Black Friday.......

Then came Pre-Black Friday. Now we have Cyber Monday too! Enough already! None of these idiotic titles do a single thing more to entice me to buy something than a good ole ON SALE did in the past.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Re: It All Started With Black Friday.......

I agree. I'm a educated consumer year round and know when and where to get the best price. Maybe there are some great deals out there on those days, but it's not worth the long lines and risk of being around folks who act like animals.

Comment

I had started a whole thread with some stocking stuffer ideas but i had so many windows open i lost track and closed it before i got the thread posted. Oh well.

But I will post the single most important item from that list here.

Its the SafeStart Systems SafetyGate Professional available from Woodcraft (and probably elsewhere). At Woodcraft its on sale right now for $19.99

So what does it do you ask? It prevents your power tool from restarting following a power outage or loss of power to the tool other than a normal shutdown. so if a thunderstorm knocks out power while you're running your router or table saw when the power comes back on the tool will not start up on its own. you have to turn the tools power switch off then back to on to get it to reset. I asked the wife for a couple of them, one I will dedicate to the table saw and the other to move around to other tools as needed. Its certainly cheaper than a trip to the ER!!
      ---------------
      Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
      ---------------
      “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
      ---------
      "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
      ---------
      sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

[QUOTE=Frankiarmz;319145]..........but it's not worth the long lines and risk of being around folks who act like animals.[/QUOTE

Isn't that the truth. One pee brained woman here tried to jump the line at a Toys-R-Us where a few hundred people were waiting for the store to open. When some of the folks at the front of the line objected to her cutting in line she said she was going to go get a gun and start shooting. The Police took her for a little ride downtown and her Christmas present money was used not for buying presents for her kids but for bail money.
        Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

[QUOTE=BadgerDave;319159]
          Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
          ..........but it's not worth the long lines and risk of being around folks who act like animals.[/QUOTE

Isn't that the truth. One pee brained woman here tried to jump the line at a Toys-R-Us where a few hundred people were waiting for the store to open. When some of the folks at the front of the line objected to her cutting in line she said she was going to go get a gun and start shooting. The Police took her for a little ride downtown and her Christmas present money was used not for buying presents for her kids but for bail money.
          Nice place to live !
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Working...
          X