Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are Gasoline Prices Rising By You?

They are by me!!!

Right now gasoline is $3.25 a gallon at my corner......

It was $2.50 all summer!!

Wasssupppp with this?

Are Gasoline Prices Rising Near You?

Re: Are Gasoline Prices Rising By You?

Diesel has gone down since summer here in Oregon. We were up to $3.65 per gallon now it's down to $3.26 (a couple of days ago anyhow). I don't pay attention to gas.
    www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

Yes they are saying prices rising all over the country. Oil is up to $90.00 per barrel.

Comment

Originally posted by PlumbingSkool View Post
        They are by me!!!

Wasssupppp with this?

A GOP run Congress???

Comment

Originally posted by James P View Post
          A GOP run Congress???
          WOW, that didn't take long. Put on your pointy hat and go sit in the corner for an hour.
          Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Yes gasoline is going up here too. All commodities, including precious metals and food, are rising strongly right now. The dollar is at all time lows relative to gold and other currencies, and a 30 year low compared to silver, so this increase is not too surprising. Gas may go higher still, barring some OPEC action to increase supply and lower crude prices, which may happen, but I wouldn't expect it.

It's all a symptom of the US Government's massive debt and how they are dealing with it. Don't be surprised if gasoline, and prices overall, continue to generally trend up next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy_M View Post
              It's all a symptom of the US Government's massive debt and how they are dealing with it. Don't be surprised if gasoline, and prices overall, continue to generally trend up next year.
              Spot on.

As the Fed buys treasuries with the rationale given to the public that inflation is "wealth creation", commodity prices will soar.

The basic fact is that until we generate more tax revenue's or reduce spending by cutting gramma off from her Medicare and social security, we wouldn't be able to afford interest on servicing the current debt if rates rose by only a couple of percent.

We don't currently have enough revenue's to pay even a slightly higher rate.

Meanwhile, I'm short treasuries for insurance, it scares me that I'm making some good money so far.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
                WOW, that didn't take long. Put on your pointy hat and go sit in the corner for an hour.
                Unfortunately Dave, he's right, the GOP's refusal to allow Bush tax cuts to expire for the wealthy is having a devastating effect on tax revenue's in light of high unemployment, leaving the Fed to offset the debt servicing problem as I mentioned above, buying treasuries to keep rates low, which inflates commodities.

It's that, or we start cutting benefits like Vet's benefits, seniors, Medicair, unemployment and others.

The latter, unemployment, with 2 million Americans on unemployment, would devastate the economy in it's already frail state, an increase in foreclosures would plummet home values, consumption just for bare essentials would drop, etc, etc.

To be fair, the Dems have done more than their share to get us here as well, but this one's on the GOP for the time being.

Comment

Prices here in NY's Southern Tier are on the rise as well, though not up to Rochester's gouge. Here in Corning it's about $3.22 and in the Binghamton area, it's as low as $3.18 and if you're a wise shopper, I just filled this past Monday for $2.82 (You spend so much for groceries at the local Price Chopper grocery chain, and they give you discount for gas at Sunoco... in this case it was $0.20 per gallon.)

But seriously folks, you can't expect them to bump up the oil prices WHILE they're spilling it all over the Gulf do you? They have to wait for everything to settle down, then they'll come back to make up for the loss. And of course, the GOP has a very well known history of being a supporter. Wait till next summer when they start pushing for more drilling and more tax breaks for the industry.

Duckbutter,

Isn't it great being a hostage of the GOP?

CWS

Comment

Originally posted by CWSmith View Post
                    Duckbutter,

Isn't it great being a hostage of the GOP?
                    CWS

We need level heads to prevail.

I don't want to start insulting ideologies, that never ends well in an open forum, but yeah, it completely sucks knowing that Rupert Murdoch and the Koch brothers just bought us a government by scaring the crap outta voters with a series of catch phrases like "government takeover", when government might be the only card we have left, and that's a pretty desperate thing to say in light of the idiots currently in government, on BOTH sides.

I'd be happy if Obama set his foot down and specifically stated ALL high end tax cuts must be in return for creating jobs, not this mumbo jumbo theoretical garbage that the wealthy paying lower taxes just benefits everyone for no apparent reason.

To be fair, the Dems have done more than their share over recent decades as well, pushing home ownership on anyone with a pulse wasn't going to end well either.

Comment

Originally posted by PlumbingSkool View Post
                      They are by me!!!

Wasssupppp with this?

Guess the Liberals can't play the George Bush card on this one.

Comment

"We grudge no man a fortune in civil life if it is honorably obtained and well used.

It is not even enough that it should have been gained without doing damage to the community.

We should permit it to be gained only so long as the gaining represents benefit to the community. …

The really big fortune, the swollen fortune, by the mere fact of its size, acquires qualities which differentiate it in kind as well as in degree from what is possessed by men of relatively small means.

Therefore, I believe in a graduated income tax on big fortunes, and … a graduated inheritance tax on big fortunes, properly safeguarded against evasion, and increasing rapidly in amount with the size of the estate."

- Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post
                          Guess the Liberals can't play the George Bush card on this one.
                          Guess where the Bush money comes from.....

Comment

Here we go again, liberals and conservatives playing the blame game. In my opinion I think they should have let tax cuts for the middle class and rich expire! We can't afford the loss of tax income and we can't afford to borrow more from communist china to pay for our wars. All this compromise did was run out the clock and stall the inevitable.

Why can't folks understand that we the taxpayers are the ones who will pay down the deficit along with the help of our government cutting spending?
                            Any or you who have watched financial advisors on tv, know when folks are in debt and overspending the road to recovery is painful. Well, our government is deep in debt and needs to increase income (taxes), cut spending (wars, government programs), and live within it's means.

Yes, the price of gasoline in my area has gone up.

Comment

Neither party has shown the slightest amount of fiscal responsibility for the past 40 years. And yes I am including Clinton, since despite his budget surplus he was in charge for 8 years while the NASDAQ bubble was forming.

While I don't support all of the the Repub tax cuts, there are aspects of it that make a lot more sense than Obama has made economically, such as low capital gain rates. The top 1% of taxpayers DO enjoy a low rate, but even so they are paying 40% of all income taxes collected. Should they pay more? Probably. Is it the problem? No.

Obama threw a trillion at the economy without a plan. And he got the exact results he planned for... nothing. This was all printed money, which means it devalued YOUR money, your paycheck, your accounts receivable. There is no free lunch. Make no mistake about it... you pay a very real tax to cover every single nickel that Uncle Sugar wastes.

Neither party was minding the store while the Fed spent 3.3 trillion of your money on their own "stimulus" program, including hundreds of billions to foreign banks, based solely on their own assessment, with no oversight or even knowledge, of the American taxpayer or the elected representatives. Again, you paid this money... but it sure hasn't ended the economic problems. Well, it HAS... for a few folks... in spades.

You can blame this party or that one if you like. We've been doing that in the US for a long time. Fact is, neither party has done anything except milk money out of the American people and redistribute it to those they cater to. While we whine about this party or that party, both of them are doing more or less exactly the same thing but just in different ways. Meanwhile, the puppetmasters are laughing all the way to the bank. Their bank.

Comment

Working...
                              X