X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Company dinner...

I'm just about to head out the door to take my crew to dinner and give them their bonuses. I feel that I owe it to them for the hard work they put in for me. We take them out for lunch quite often during the year and have dinners together sometimes, or throw a BBQ for them. I try hard to make them feel appreciated even though they drive me nuts sometimes.

How do you let your employees know you appreciate them? Maybe I'm missing an opportunity.
    www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Re: Company dinner...

We give them a new pair of rodding gloves this time of year.
    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

joey, phoebe and i went to friends shop party last night. i'm always rickyclaus

this time it was only 5 sets of gifts. for the guys and 1 office staff.

in the past it was 20 for the guys and 3 for the office.

i guess i was able to splurge more because of that

next time give us some advance notice and maybe rickyclaus will show up riding his k-60

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

There is only Three of us [ myself , journeyman , 2 nd year apprentice , ] full time doing plumbing and a part time sectratary [ she is going for her doctreite ] I buy lunch through out the year a couple times a month , this year all employees got a $ 500.00 x-mas bonus , and we will have a lunch some time this week , depends on work load , I always treat them how I would want to be treated - This is the best crew I have ever had , hard workers , and very customer freindly , I am very fortunite

Comment

is it the same as going out to dinner with forum members

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by Trent2 View Post
            I'm just about to head out the door to take my crew to dinner and give them their bonuses. I feel that I owe it to them for the hard work they put in for me. We take them out for lunch quite often during the year and have dinners together sometimes, or throw a BBQ for them. I try hard to make them feel appreciated even though they drive me nuts sometimes.

How do you let your employees know you appreciate them? Maybe I'm missing an opportunity.
            The very fact that you care to let them know they are appreciated tells me they know how you feel about them. I worked for a big company, New York Tel. and while the pay and benefits were great, if a boss said "Thanks for doing such a good job" it meant the world to me. Dinners and bonuses sure hit home, but a simple "good job" once in a while does wonders to lift the spirits. Lunches, dinners a barbeque and bonuses? I'd say you coverd all the bases! Thanks for being such a good boss.

Comment

our bosses have lunch at the shop for us Christmas eve but this year its thurs at 1pm and they pay us for the rest of the day 4hr
              then paid day off on fri
              they also give us a Ham and a gift of some type like a stainless steel water bottle ,flash light ,duffel bag and other things
              Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
              http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
              http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Man, that sounds great! Personally, It's been a very long time since I've worked for any company that treated their employees with such appreciation. So thank you! It's nice to know that there are employer's out there like you.

When I started my career, I worked for a sub-contract company that would have a summer picnic and every Christmas, they'd hold an evening dinner party at one of the nicer hotels in town. It was always greatly appreciated.

But I spend my last thirty years working for a major compressor manufacturer. Depending on the department you worked in, they might not do anything. Some departments had a luncheon in the back room, where everyone brought a dish, some dept's did nothing, some manager's would take their employer's out to lunch (but not the spouse's), and other's took the husband and wife out to a major dinner party at the country club. It wasn't until I moved up to the Marketing Dept, before I had that experience.

At one time, this inequality was brought up to plant manager and he quickly solved the irregularity, declaring that no further expenses would be approved for any kind of Christmas celebration. It even went so far as to stop buying a Christmas tree for the lobby! Ah, such are the ways of some multi-billion dollar corporations! Today, I don't know what they do, just glad to be the he!! out of the place.

So Trent, I want to say how much I appreciate you, and others like you, who display such Christmas spirit and even more so, the kind appreciation for the guys that work for and with you.

Merry Christmas,

CWS

Comment

I knew this thread was a good idea. I need to work on telling them thank you and good job. I do it now and then but quite often forget to tell them.

Thanks guys!

Merry Christmas!

Comment

we are working at a Rec center and they said yesterday that they will have lunch for us today .well when we walked in the lunch room they also had every one that worked there to have lunch also

thay had a lot of food and cakes ,it was a good lunch
                    Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
                    http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
                    http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Just found out the boss is making a leg of lamb dinner, and she has invited all her employee's over.
                      Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                      A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                      Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                      Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Cool! Enjoy the good food and the fellowship! It's nice to interact with your co-workers in a different setting where everyone is equal.

Comment

My first Dinner party is DJ Tran. Serve grilled salmon with fresh grilled asparagus and small new potatoes. A dish of sorbet for dessert cleans the palette and leaves a fresh taste in the mouth that your guests will be thanking you .and for decorating the table for any dinner party includes nice flatware and china. Roll the flatware in a cloth napkin or create a rose with the napkin and place in the wineglass. Candles sitting in shallow bowls filled with small colored stones add ambient lighting and an added personal touch to the table.
                          Dell coupon code

Comment

Working...
                          X