• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Membership-participation

Time sure does fly!

I just realized I have been participating with this group
    for over 5 years now!

I want to let the newer members know this site is simply excellent!
    Of course we have chest beating, egomaniacs, folks that don't
    have the same opinion as you do, trolls, idiots, etc....BUT the knowledge base and skill levels presented here are top notch! The advice or specific answers to questions are usually appropriate and excellent. You can quickly recognize the folks with the skills.

The wanna-be comedians in many cases should stick with their day jobs..cute one liner replies to someone who believes their problem is unique and critical will not appreciate your attempt towards humor.

I do find it a bit weary that some topics or questions are constantly resurfacing....How come no one uses the "search function"????

I believe if I did not use the search function over the years, I'd double my posting number count.

Some observations for those posting:

1. Think before posting How are you going to phrase your comment or question.

2. Grammar and spelling seems to be unimportant to many but realize your posting is a direct reflection of You! Many jobs were lost because of poor first impressions. A concept of you is reflected by your ability to communicate.

If you Come across as someone who never made it through the third grade can't spell or use spell checker, does not proof read their post to ensure it makes sense etc....how can you imply confidence and the skills required to answer a question? Personally if a reply is wishy-washy I immediately ignore it and note that the person
    posting is not a reliable source for information.

3. Your posting is forever! If you're replying to a topic because you're pissed off..get a cold drink and return tomorrow to see if the passion is still there.

4. Post details, photos if possible. "My thingy by the whatchamacallit
    makes a noise? I tried tape but it's still noisy what should I do?"
    In a word to that type of posting "HUH?"

I hope when I have replied to questions the information I provided was helpful or at least reassuring. When I recognize someone Else's post as correct and reinforce their comments, my intent is to help the person posting realize consensus.

Cactus Man

Re: Membership-participation

Oh so true. This forum allows DIY's a chance to ask questions. I think thats great. They deserve a proper answer and some here on the forum have the knowledge to help. I think thats great.

Comment

Hey, who are you calling a chest beating, egomaniacal, idiot?

This Forum is a wonderful place to learn, share and enjoy some time. I am guilty of occassional bad grammar, high spirited exchanges and other transgressions. I will try to do better.

Comment

Comment

I think I is generilly pretty darn good with grammer and speeling

Oh crap, that be a one liner too.
          sigpic

Comment

Reasonably sure he's referring to Rick.

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
            Hey, who are you calling a chest beating, egomaniacal, idiot?
            No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Originally posted by MoJourneyman View Post
              Reasonably sure he's referring to Rick.

Oh that was strong!

J.C.

Comment

If we didn`t regurgitate subjects over and over again then there wouldn`t be much to talk about and if I had to spell every word correctly then I would be in trouble.

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by AFM View Post
                  If we didn`t regurgitate subjects over and over again then there wouldn`t be much to talk about and if I had to spell every word correctly then I would be in trouble.

Tony
                  Tony, you have to admit we resolved a lot of things along the way. Remember that little misunderstanding about wheter or not we could charge a lithium battery on an older nicad charger? How did that work out?

Comment

Working...
                  X