Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Daughter is going to College

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
    Mark, I was sad because it marked a passing of time that while part of growing up made me feel a loss. I never held the girls back from exploring the world around them, the good things and bad. I pushed to have them drive and learn other life skills. That night before she left for college just hit me hard, I felt like things would never be the same, I felt old.

I was sad as well but at the same time I was excited to see them go out and practice the lessons we had taught them. As it turns out, they were listening.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Mark, everyday my daughters come home safe, disease free, not pregnant and without criminal charges pending, I feel like we have done a good job and that God had a hand in that day. I believe you and your wife have done a wonderful job of raising your children, but like everything there is a bit of luck that goes along with overall success in life. I feel so bad for the good kids from good, loving caring families that needlessly die while at college. We must warn them of drinking and drug use. I actually wanted my girls to have an occassional drink once they were eighteen. In the safety of home, let them feel the effect of liquor and understand how overindulging can lead to all sorts of bad things including death. I know my ideas are not right for all, but I think it takes more than just words sometimes to send the message home.

To the best of my knowlegde my daughters are not promiscuous, but much to my wife's upset I told the girls if they are going to be sexually active, use birth control and insist on practicing safe sex. That conversation was met with horror coming from Dad, but it's what we don't admit, or don't say that leads to misunderstanding and problems.

Comment

Congratulations We love art My wife has been at Pixar 25 Years.
        Lots of happy kind folks.
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

I see that school accepts G.E.D's. I dont see a thing wrong with that.

Comment

Once you get over her being gone to school ..
            It real feels good to be home alone with the wife again

Comment

Working...
            X