Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
FINALLY! Some great Christmas news...CanuckSARTech soon to be CanuckCUFFTech!!! Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: FINALLY! Some great Christmas news...CanuckSARTech soon to be CanuckCUFFTech!!!

good job
    say hi to your wife and the little one
    Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
    http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
    http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Re: FINALLY! Some great Christmas news...CanuckSARTech soon to be CanuckCUFFTech!!!

That's great news Keith

Hope the new uniform fits you better than that flowery print beach towel

Does this mean you'll be providing the security detail at the next Roundup? cuz there's a few guys you need to keep your eye on

Comment

Thanks guys. Really appreciate all of the best wishes - it's been a long, hard haul, and it's still not quite over yet, but the trophy is within reach.

And no, I don't think they'll be issuing me any floral-print towels with my uniforms.

Comment

So, an update here.

Back on my birthday, March 31st, I got a phone call from the CF recruiting center. Things are FINALLY set to roll. I was told that "something is potentially coming down the pipeline", and they needed to get my interview and medical all updated. So, last week, interview updated and items discussed. This past week, updated the medical and whatnot.

I was basically told a few items during the different days, but nothing was 100% official until I got the actual phone call.

Then, I got the phone call just the other day - completely good-to-go, Military Police position extended to me! So, I go in next Thursday to get my initial CF swearing in, to sign all the paperwork, and then I'm actually in transit on Easter weekend, to be up in St. Jean, Quebec for Monday, April 25th.

Yes, that's right - only a week left at home!

So, a lot of stuff to get done around the house. The Mrs. and I are both fully prepared though, a lot of support around us for this, a very exciting time for us.

And this means that while I'm up in Basic (May, June, July), I won't have my home computer. The Mrs. will be at the house with everything (she'll be running the roost, with lots of awesome neighbourly help), but I won't have access to my computer or e-mail or whatnot. So, I'll be off-the-grid from FOH for three months (gasp). Therefore, my apologies, but if anyone sends me any PMs or e-mails during this time, you're out of luck, as I won't get to them.

But, I'm very excited. Three months of hell, then branch-specific training (got Army element), and then mid-fall will be off to Borden for my police academy for 6 months. After that, all "tinned" and working as a cop. Very cool. (Again, knock on wood, I just really REALLY hope that I can fully get through Basic training and then the academy without flunking out!).

Again, starting next weekend, I won't be able to talk to all you guys for a bit. But keep the good mojo/vibes/karma coming this way!!!!

Cheers.

Comment

Congratulations I know it's been a long wait.

Mark
            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Once again congrats and best of luck with every phase of training. Do you know where you will be stationed when you graduate, will you have to move? Support from good neighbors is a wonderful thing and can give you added piece of mind. I always do my best to look out for my neighbors, especially during storms, power failures, things like that. I've introduced myself to many new neighbors and do my best to make them feel welcomed. Keep a good attitude, just a short time of struggle and a lifetime of doing the kind of work that makes you happy!

Comment

I don't know where I'll be stationed yet, all I know is those two training locations that will occupy most of the next year. So, as it looks right now, at least for the next year and a half or so, no, we won't be moving. Thankfully, right now. Even if I get stationed a bit away from home, we're planning to try to make it work scheduling-wise, and me just transit back and forth to home every few days or weeks or so, during down days. A lot of cost potentially, but all well worth it.

Comment

Working...
                X