X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caring for our elders

Now just in case you thought we were all sane downunder let me share someone else's idea for fixing the issue of caring for our seniors.
    A proposal was recently put up to kick out all elders from nursing homes and retiremnet villages and send them to jail. Yes jail.
    Now before you yell out obsenities let me explain.

down undeer we have lots of Civil Liberty "creatures" who believe that prison should be comfortable so that the crims will rehabilitate themselves.

So don to the elderly. In Prison they would be
    • Secure
    • Have three square meals EVERY day.
    • They would be checked every twenty minutes to see they are OK
    • They would have access to the internet
    • They would have free dental and medical
    • They can learn and achieve a university degree
    • They would have an up to date gymnasium to work on their pecs.
    • If they want some pocket money tey can doa little bit of work.
    • Never have to worry about heating andair conditioning and never see a bill for either.
    Unfortunately I cant remeber the rest but i would say what a travesty of justice when the filth of society are given all of the above and even more and our senior citizens have to battle, just fo being honest hard working members of society. I ask what kindof a world do we live in when we treat our elderly like trash and reward the criminals.

Re: Caring for our elders

Originally posted by Cleanmen2 View Post
    Now just in case you thought we were all sane downunder let me share someone else's idea for fixing the issue of caring for our seniors.
    A proposal was recently put up to kick out all elders from nursing homes and retiremnet villages and send them to jail. Yes jail.
    Now before you yell out obsenities let me explain.

down undeer we have lots of Civil Liberty "creatures" who believe that prison should be comfortable so that the crims will rehabilitate themselves.

So don to the elderly. In Prison they would be
    • Secure
    • Have three square meals EVERY day.
    • They would be checked every twenty minutes to see they are OK
    • They would have access to the internet
    • They would have free dental and medical
    • They can learn and achieve a university degree
    • They would have an up to date gymnasium to work on their pecs.
    • If they want some pocket money tey can doa little bit of work.
    • Never have to worry about heating andair conditioning and never see a bill for either.
    Unfortunately I cant remeber the rest but i would say what a travesty of justice when the filth of society are given all of the above and even more and our senior citizens have to battle, just fo being honest hard working members of society. I ask what kindof a world do we live in when we treat our elderly like trash and reward the criminals.
    No I wouldn`t put them in jail its to comfortable a better idea would be to turn them into Soylent Green putting something back into society.

Tony

Comment

The issue of an overcrowded planet and insufficient funds and facilities to care for our growing elderly poplulation have been extensively explored in writing and the movies. Soylent Green opened a lot of eyes, but does anyone remember Logan's Run or similar movies? What can society do with the elderly who cannot support or care for themselves, when the society is broke itself?

Years ago in some places the old folks would be set adrift on an ice float or abandoned in some desolate mountain area to be consumed by wild animals.
      Some countries today condone suicide.

This is not something to be joked about, it is a sad and growing problem. Modern medicine can keep very ill folks including the elderly alive, but without a lot of money who will provide the care necessary for their quality of life?

The elderly who have dementia and alzheimers often can no longer recognize loved ones, feed themselves and are reduced to having diaper changes. Maybe there should be a more dignified way to end ones life?

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
        The issue of an overcrowded planet and insufficient funds and facilities to care for our growing elderly poplulation have been extensively explored in writing and the movies. Soylent Green opened a lot of eyes, but does anyone remember Logan's Run or similar movies? What can society do with the elderly who cannot support or care for themselves, when the society is broke itself?

Years ago in some places the old folks would be set adrift on an ice float or abandoned in some desolate mountain area to be consumed by wild animals.
        Some countries today condone suicide.

This is not something to be joked about, it is a sad and growing problem. Modern medicine can keep very ill folks including the elderly alive, but without a lot of money who will provide the care necessary for their quality of life?

The elderly who have dementia and alzheimers often can no longer recognize loved ones, feed themselves and are reduced to having diaper changes. Maybe there should be a more dignified way to end ones life?
        Euthanasia is the only plausable solution to our ageing societies as no amount of good hearted people are going to be there to look after the old and the medicens that are keeping the old alive passed their used by date is not helping and until our politicians and churches are honest with themselves and face up to these realities then it will get worse and worse.

Tony
        Last edited by AFM; 01-04-2011, 08:28 PM. Reason: Not finished

Comment

Originally posted by AFM View Post
          No I wouldn`t put them in jail its to comfortable a better idea would be to turn them into Soylent Green putting something back into society.

Tony
          LOL- I loved the Soylent Green reference.

Mark
          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

That,s too wierd! A coworker and I were discussing SOYLENT GREEN the other day. He had never seen it. I don't remember what made me think of it.
            www.paradiseplumbinganddrains.com

plumber ft. worth dallas plumber fort worth plumber plumber arlington

Comment

Only 11-years left!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVpN312hYgU
              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

If I remember correctly, those about to be turned into crackers were allowed a last meal of sorts. Strawberry jam, that's what Edward G. requested.

Comment

Here is a link to watch the movie Soylent Green.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...55071179146825#

Comment

Frankiarmz:

I think this is on the track of your train of thought:

http://www.oregon.gov/DHS/ph/pas/

Go
                    Practicing at practical wood working

Comment

i was thinking soylent green too when i was reading the first post.

joey never heard of the movie. i guess i married a young one

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

"SOYLENT GREEN IS PEOPLE!"
                        ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I have a part of the solution for our old folks. No it doesn't involve turning them into food either. Toilet seat bidets! I bet more people will support euthanizing our old than will support using toilet seat bidets to aid in there care. This is no small aid . Plumbers hold the key to a major problem in our country.

Comment

Sorry guys I must admit that I am cofused by the reference to soylent green. when I posted this lst night I was just frustrated again by the fact that our society seems to prioritise trying to rehabilitate criminals who have comitted crimes of disgraceful proportion and really have forfetted their right to live. I know it is not for me to decide life and death but I get sick to the bottom seeing our elderly passed over for filth. Frustration............!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

simple solution. have the elderly commit a crime that lands them in jail

then they can get all the perks the real criminals get

or they can spend their life savings and move to a seinors assisted living complex.

rick.
                              phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                              X