Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I Wonder If This Would Really Work?

Originally posted by Andy_M View Post
    I never was much of a Trump fan. Maybe it's time to rethink that.
    This is the most important and absolutely correct thing he is saying. "We don't need Chinese products. We can make them right here." Its absolutely true, we used to build everything and now we build nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post
      Over the last 5 years, I strictly buy Carhartt clothing for work. Yes it's expensive, but I must say the quality is second to none. For me I do it for a pride thing, and plus I want to try and keep the money I spend in the United States as much as possible.

But it's quite hard these days to do so.
      Sadly, Carhartt is now made in mexico! Check your labels, prices have not dropped a penny. I won't buy carhartt anymore, and I did for over thrity years.

http://www.unionlabel.com/carhartt-c...-usa-made.html
      Last edited by Frankiarmz; 01-07-2011, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by saysflushable View Post
        i just bought a made in usa 3/8 ratchet wrench a lowes a few weeks ago. I did not shop around i was at lowes and needed a new tool. I spent $10.00 more for the kobalt wrench than i could have for a very nice looking wrench made in china. I decided to buy american. But dang a $10.00 difference for 1 small tool. I still feel ripped off. I know i should have shopped around but dang how much shopping should i have to do for 1 very common tool made in america.
        semper fi brother
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

American Made, they are the best I've used, and are very competitively priced while paying American wages. The "can't compete" is a lie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jOjZ54V2Yk

http://www.diynetwork.com/videos/cha...ers/20414.html

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
            American Made, they are the best I've used, and are very competitively priced while paying American wages. The "can't compete" is a lie.

J.C.
            I broke a pair of those once by sqeezing them. They shattered actually right through the adjustment part. Maybe a bad set. I use to be stronger than I am now.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
              I broke a pair of those once by sqeezing them. They shattered actually right through the adjustment part. Maybe a bad set. I use to be stronger than I am now.
              I'd like to see the video. Had to be a bad set or something way out of the ordinary. Used many others. These are the favorites. Even side torqued them pretty hard and they keep coming back for more.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                I'd like to see the video. Had to be a bad set or something way out of the ordinary. Used many others. These are the favorites. Even side torqued them pretty hard and they keep coming back for more.

J.C.
                Well I dont carry a video camera around with me so a video is not possible. But i can tell ya I have a powerful grip,extra ligament and tendon in my forearm....birth defect.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
                  Well I dont carry a video camera around with me so a video is not possible. But i can tell ya I have a powerful grip,extra ligament and tendon in my forearm....birth defect.
                  Video of that! Video of that! That would be cooler than bustin' some pliers!

J.C.

Comment

I believe him! Knew a guy years ago who could snap 9" lineman's pliers and they were pretty tough. Big hands help and of course some strength can be gained through training. I use "Captains of Crush" heavy duty hand grips, very important to keep your grip strong once you retire and don't do heavy work anymore.
                    http://www.ironmind.com/ironmind/ope...nsofcrush.html

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                      I believe him! Knew a guy years ago who could snap 9" lineman's pliers and they were pretty tough. Big hands help and of course some strength can be gained through training. I use "Captains of Crush" heavy duty hand grips, very important to keep your grip strong once you retire and don't do heavy work anymore.
                      http://www.ironmind.com/ironmind/ope...nsofcrush.html
                      I, too, know someone who could do that. The last time he did it, he was right around 70 years old. I couldn't believe it
                      Ideal Plumbing

Comment

Originally posted by idlplumb View Post
                        I, too, know someone who could do that. The last time he did it, he was right around 70 years old. I couldn't believe it
                        I recentyl read that grip strength in the elderly was connected to longer life and better health. Not sure how or why? Maybe it indicates a more active person?

Comment

I know a elderly Korean gentleman who can snap a 8p box nail in his hands. He can also kill with a leg scissors hold across a man's chest. If you don't piss him off enough to kill you a guy will black out and wake up awhile later.

Comment

Originally posted by Abbott View Post
                            I know a elderly Korean gentleman who can snap a 8p box nail in his hands. He can also kill with a leg scissors hold across a man's chest. If you don't piss him off enough to kill you a guy will black out and wake up awhile later.
                            Do you mean bend the nail? Strong hands, grip strength and so on benefit from tough skin as well. I used to fool around bending nails, keys and breaking all sorts of nuts (brazil, walnuts, etc), but I found if I didn't keep doing it my grip strength weakened and the skin on my hands got weak as well. Knew a guy who could wrap his hand around the end of a brick, place it on the ground and break it with his other hand. The edge of his hand felt like a rock.

Just found this video. I've tried tearing telephone books without much luck, this works!
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pGvEGFkvNs
                            Last edited by Frankiarmz; 01-08-2011, 08:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X